Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#25146 - 07/24/02 03:27 PM Core Processing Vendors
Jasmine Offline
100 Club
Jasmine
Massachusetts
We are in the process of evaluating several processors. The vendors we are looking at are COCC, OSI, Fiserv, Bisys, and InterCept. If anyone is using any of these vendors, could you please share your experiences?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#25147 - 07/26/02 06:14 PM Re: Core Processing Vendors
Carrie Offline
Carrie
Pittsburgh, PA
Which Fiserv are you considering? We currently use Fiserv Cleveland and aren't very happy with their service. The reports that they provide aren't very user-friendly and they aren't always able to generate the reports that you request...but they are supposedly cheap! I have heard that Fiserv Milwaukee is quite good, though. Don't know much about the others. Sorry.

Return to Top
#25148 - 07/26/02 09:13 PM Re: Core Processing Vendors
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Some years ago we converted to BISYS, after giving a good look at FIServ. While we are very pleased with their deposit processing, their loan processing leaves a bit to be desired. It should be fine as long as you don't do anything too fancy. FIServ has a lot of different systems due to acquisitions, or at least did then, and they were quick to give us a choice between them. We were concerned that they would someday try to standardize and that the system we chose to use would go through significant conversions down the line. I can't imagine how they keep up with all the regulatory changes on so many different systems.

Return to Top
#25149 - 07/30/02 01:55 PM Re: Core Processing Vendors
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
We are currently evaluating Bisys ourselves. What about their loan processing do you not like? Functionality? Flexibility? User-friendliness? Regulatory compliance? Responsiveness? Integration with other applications? Dependability? Problem identification and solving?

Return to Top
#25150 - 07/30/02 04:33 PM Re: Core Processing Vendors
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
BISYS just has some pesky issues when it comes to loans. Our shop has much more complexity on the deposit side than we do on the loan side, but we seem to run into more issues on the loan side than on the deposit side. We just had a month end with no 30 day delinquencies reported, because BISYS processed month end on June 29 (Saturday night). There are only 60 day delinquencies reported at the end of March in leap years, because February's 28 plus March's 31 calculates as 59 days. These are just examples, but many of the problems are silly little things that they can't seem to correct after many years of discussions.

Return to Top
#25151 - 07/30/02 05:03 PM Re: Core Processing Vendors
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Thanks a lot, new guy from NJ! Your comments are very helpful to me. (Incidentally, I'm from NJ, too.)

Return to Top
#25152 - 07/30/02 09:15 PM Re: Core Processing Vendors
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
So I see, you are not too far from us. I'd be happy to discuss further with you off the boards if you'd like to provide an e-mail address.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z