Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#252184 - 10/04/04 06:12 PM Favorite Vacation Spot
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Hey, posters. I am getting married next year and we haven't decided on a honeymoon desitnation as of yet. All of you can help by giving me your favorite vacation spots for ideas. Thanks!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#252185 - 10/04/04 06:14 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
What time of year?

Return to Top
#252186 - 10/04/04 06:16 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Summer.

Return to Top
#252187 - 10/04/04 06:16 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Anonymous
Unregistered

And, what kind of stuff do you like to do? Are you into food and wine exploration? Golf? Beach combing?

Your interests will have a lot to do with where you go.

Return to Top
#252188 - 10/04/04 06:19 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
It will be in the summer. We are looking to do some relaxing and some sightseeing. Somewhere with a beach sounds nice, but I want a variety of ideas to pick from.

Thanks.

Return to Top
#252189 - 10/04/04 06:23 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
RUNSWITHSCISSORS Offline
Platinum Poster
RUNSWITHSCISSORS
GUAM IS BEAUTIFUL ANYTIME OF THE YEAR!

Return to Top
#252190 - 10/04/04 06:27 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that a fabulous trip is to fly into San Francisco and spend a day or two there. Go north to wine country for a couple/few days (you could do months in wine country and still not do it justice). Then drive south and visit the Monterey Penninsula (play golf if so moved). Continue down the Pacific Coast Highway. Do the Hearst Mansion. Continue to Los Angeles and hop a cruise ship for a cruise to the Baja Penninsula. You get food/wine, culture, beaches, golf, etc. in that trip!

Return to Top
#252191 - 10/04/04 06:33 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Belize or Costa Rica, esp if you are divers (or would like to learn in time to go.)

Return to Top
#252192 - 10/04/04 07:00 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Anonymous
Unregistered

San Diego is one of my favorite cities. It is just beautiful and there is a lot to do.

Return to Top
#252193 - 10/04/04 07:19 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Anywhere on the mid-coast of downeast Maine. All the fresh lobster and steamer clams you can eat and total relaxation in places where people will not bother you while you explore the treasures of the region.

Return to Top
#252194 - 10/04/04 07:25 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Have your own private island! Check this place out!

Click Here!

There are also some cool Honeymoon Safari Vacations available in africa. I think my friends were in the Serengetti national park and in Zanzibar if I remember right, and they loved it.

The top 10 spots to go according to American Bride are Hawaii, Jamaica, Cancun, Tahiti, St. Lucia, Italy, the US Virgin Islands, Aruba, Vegas (go figure), and Bermuda. Other top spots include Fiji, San Francisco, and Sydney Australia.

Return to Top
#252195 - 10/04/04 07:32 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Michael - why are you reading American Bride?

Return to Top
#252196 - 10/04/04 07:34 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Go on a cruise! You have the luxury of fine food and drink with the added bonus of stops at exotic ports of call where you can snorkel, shop, swim with dolphins/stingrays, do a rum party boat excursion, relax on a white sandy beach, golf, go jeep 4x4ing in the jungle, explore ancient ruins . . . you get the idea.

Return to Top
#252197 - 10/04/04 07:36 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Two choices: Bora Bora, Tahiti or don't go on a honeymoon - save the money, put it in an IRA or as a down on a house. Also, have a simple wedding, saving that money.

Return to Top
#252198 - 10/04/04 07:54 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
We definitely are having a quiet & simple wedding. We have so many friends & family that there are bound to be people left out and we don't want to do that. So it will just be the two of us and the couple that will be standing up for us. Plus, my fiance already owns his home, so we want to spend some money on a honeymoon to celebrate. But those were good ideas! Keep 'em coming. Thanks.

Return to Top
#252199 - 10/04/04 08:03 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Michael - why are you reading American Bride?

I just looked it up on the internet by searching for top 10 honeymoon spots!

Return to Top
#252200 - 10/04/04 08:03 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife and I love the BlueRidge and Great Smokie Mountains.
Areas of interest: Asheville NC has beautiful mountains and scenic hwys and The Biltmore House and Gardens. Also Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Tenn area. It has lots of attractions and DollyWood. Also these mountains have numerous waterfalls,creeks and rivers. Lots of reasonbly priced accomodations. Check with both NC and TN State Departemts of Tourism for brochures and ideas. Have fun!!

Return to Top
#252201 - 10/04/04 08:05 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
bam Offline
Gold Star
Kansas City, Mo
Pacific Northwest and Vancouver, B.C. Great in the summer.

Return to Top
#252202 - 10/04/04 08:13 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Downtown Santa Ana is great any time of year. Just be careful about going out at night...or in the daytime....or at dusk.....or on weekends or weekdays.

Return to Top
#252203 - 10/04/04 08:18 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
obx nut Offline
Gold Star
obx nut
Midwest
My suggestion is a romantic beach house on the Outer Banks of NC, preferably the village of Avon. You might want to try for one with a private pool if you can afford it. Not too commercialized, somewhat laid back. Good native restaurants. A day trip to Ocacoke is a must-do. If you like to fish, perhaps a half day trip on a charter.

Feel free to PM me if you want realty company or whatever suggestions....

Return to Top
#252204 - 10/04/04 10:07 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
JJohns Offline
Platinum Poster
JJohns
IL
Quote:

Downtown Santa Ana is great any time of year. Just be careful about going out at night...or in the daytime....or at dusk.....or on weekends or weekdays.

I'll second that. Used to drive right down Bolsa Ave/1st St from Garden Grove to Tustin to work, which took me right through downtown S.A. That was a while ago but it wasn't exactly P.C.H .
Recommended vacation/honeymoon spot: Aruba. One happy island. Out of the hurricane belt too!

Return to Top
#252205 - 10/04/04 10:40 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
It's your honeymoon, make a splash The French Riveria is wonderfulllllll!!!!!! An experience, like your wedding, you'll always treasure and never forget.

If you don't insist on a warm beach, try the UK. Rent a 17th century cottage and wander the moors and white sands. Drink some great beer and eat custard for breakfast, lunch and dinner Then follow with some beer

On my 10th I stayed in castles in Germany for several weeks. While the marriage didn't last my memories of the wonderful trip always will! Very romantic Unbelievable history, California can't compare!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#252206 - 10/05/04 12:11 AM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Ah, but New Orleans can! Steeped in history. Stay at Nottaway plantation and any other of a slew of bed and breakfasts. You can party or not. The zoo is fun and the ride up the river to get to it is great. Antiquing, golf, the biggest collection of Faberge at a wonderful art museum. And food?!?!?!!!! There's no place with better food and the service will spoil you for anyplace else I've been to.

Even tho you didn't ask, why not throw a huge party for all your family and friends when you get back from your honeymoon? (or even two if you can't get both sides of the family in your house at once.) Bar-b-Que, pot-luck, whatever. The object of a reception is to share your joy and I'm sure your friends would love to congratulate you and hear about whatever trip you take.

Congrats and much joy.

Return to Top
#252207 - 10/05/04 04:47 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Ah, but New Orleans can! Steeped in history. And food?!?!?!!!! There's no place with better food

I know what you mean about New Orleans. I lived in Baton Rouge for several years and always enjoyed spending time in New Orleans. It is so full of life and there is so much to see and do. AND THE FOOD IS WONDERFUL! I miss that the most!

Yes, we will probably have a family get together when all is said and done. Our families will probably insist on it!

Thanks everyone for all of your wonderful ideas!

Return to Top
#252208 - 10/05/04 05:19 PM Re: Favorite Vacation Spot
Scooter Offline
100 Club
Scooter
Michigan
Our daughter & son-in-law went on a 7-day trip to Jamaica in August and loved it. (in between hurricanes) They did everything from horseback riding to scuba diving.

They had a pre-paid plan with a package of options and said it was the only way to go.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2