Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#25288 - 07/25/02 01:48 PM HMDA 01/03
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Anyone started drafting their script for getting GMI on phone applications after January 1? We are starting to think about it and would gladly borrow someone else's brilliant idea.....

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#25289 - 07/25/02 07:55 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Come on, I can hear you breathing out there.... surely we're not the first to get started thinking about this?? We want to have everyone trained by Thanksgiving so they're ready to roll by January 1.

Return to Top
#25290 - 07/25/02 08:29 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Started drafting? No. Still breathing? Yes. Thinking about the deal? A little. Waiting to 'gladly borrow' just like you? Big yes.

Seriously, all I've done so far is read & distributed the new rule. I'll mention it in the management CRA meeting we hold every other month, but probably not in the next (August) meeting. Knowing my originators, they'd start collecting the information immediately if I trained them by Thanksgiving, and then I'd have a month's worth of data I'm not allowed to have yet.

I'm not saying this is a low priority, but I will acknowledge that it isn't a high one right now. Meanwhile, I'll continue to lurk.

Return to Top
#25291 - 07/26/02 03:49 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
Stay tuned. We'll have a script and training page in Compliance Action. Look for it in Vol 7 Number 10.

Return to Top
#25292 - 07/26/02 03:52 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Oooh, goody! Thanks, Lucy!

Return to Top
#25293 - 07/26/02 05:05 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Well, as long as someone brought the subject up, I have a question. The staff interpretation to the final rule which is effective 1/04 states:

"Generally, loan applicants must be advised that requesting information about ethnicity, race, and sex is mandated by the federal government to assist in the enforcement of fair lending laws. In addition, applicants must be advised that the lenders are prohibited from discriminating on the basis of the information provided, or on the basis of the applicant's choosing to provide or not provide the information."

I have already seen, in a published article, that this must be verbally disclosed along with the request for race/sex info for telephone apps effective 1/03. However, I can't find any reference to this disclosure requirement in the technical amendment to the final rule which implements the telephone requirements. Have I missed something???

Return to Top
#25294 - 07/26/02 05:19 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
We knew BOL and Compliance Action wouldn't let us down. That's why this is the working smarter not harder site.

Lucy's unofficial message to subscribers. Sound File, watch the volume.
Last edited by Andy Z; 07/26/02 05:20 PM.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#25295 - 07/26/02 07:13 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Anonymous
Unregistered

And this is why we are all still breathing AND lurking!!

Return to Top
#25296 - 07/26/02 08:05 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Andy - thanks! I needed that on a Friday afternoon... (It's now my incoming e-mail notification!)

Return to Top
#25297 - 07/26/02 09:29 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Glad I could help.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#25298 - 07/29/02 03:55 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
Ok, Bart. How do you save that as your incoming email notification?

Return to Top
#25299 - 07/29/02 04:34 PM Re: HMDA 01/03
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Right click the sound link and Save Target As to your (say) Desktop.

From your Desktop, move it to your C, Windows, Media folder. If you want to navigate there first with the Save Target As, you skip a step. I like to go to the Desktop and scan files for virus problems.

Next, Start (lower left of your screen) , Setting, Control Panel and select Sounds with a double click.

Scroll to New Mail Notification and use the Browse button to find the sound you saved. Viola.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z