BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#253662 - 10/07/04 03:59 PM Two week notice
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Just to let everyone know, today I put in my two weeks notice. I've accepted the position as a Commercial Banking Officer - unfortunately at another institution.

I'm really excited for my new opportunity, but it's going to be really hard to actually leave this place behind.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#253663 - 10/07/04 04:06 PM Re: Two week notice
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Just to let everyone know, today I put in my two weeks notice. I've accepted the position as a Commercial Banking Officer - unfortunately at another institution.

I'm really excited for my new opportunity, but it's going to be really hard to actually leave this place behind.

Would you consider staying at your current position if your management got rid of the skunks and the smell and paid you $100 a year less?

Good luck in your new job!

Return to Top
#253664 - 10/07/04 04:08 PM Re: Two week notice
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Good Luck AT. Log in and let us know how it's going after you get settled in.

Return to Top
#253665 - 10/07/04 04:11 PM Re: Two week notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats! Sometimes you have to leave the "familiar things" behind in order to avance yourself both on a professional level and a personal level. Good luck.

Return to Top
#253666 - 10/07/04 05:34 PM Re: Two week notice
Cryin&Complyin Offline
100 Club
Cryin&Complyin
The Deep South
Quote:

GOOD LUCK! I hope this is the beginning of many career advancements for you.

Also, I am now constantly reminded of you these days.

Where I live they have just begun re-airing the cell phone commercial where the guy buys the new car....with the skunk in it. It's part of the package..."can't unbundle the package." Then the couple drives down the road, the man says "don't upset it" right as they hit a pothole. The last shot is the couple busting out of the car in the middle of the road...

Maybe someday you will be able to laugh at that commercial again....

Return to Top
#253667 - 10/07/04 09:05 PM Re: Two week notice
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Good luck at your new bank. But hey, just because you are leaving your bank, doesn't mean you have to leave us. In fact, if you are going to be one of those dreaded commercial loan officers, you might really need us in your new job!!

Did I ever tell you my CLO joke,......maybe later.

Return to Top
#253668 - 10/07/04 09:07 PM Re: Two week notice
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Just remember what it is like on our side of the fence! Ha!

Return to Top
#253669 - 10/08/04 12:52 AM Re: Two week notice
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Congrats AT! We can now include you when we bash lenders (I was one too so I always take the lender bashing personally...unless it's me doing it!)

Neh, just kidding, but good luck! I'm happy for you...great career ahead I'm sure!!!!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#253670 - 10/08/04 03:16 PM Re: Two week notice
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Hey AT - Congratulations!!! Sounds like a good advancement. I learned a lot as a commercial lender and gained much experience. Keep us posted when you get settled - and good luck with the skunk

Return to Top
#253671 - 10/08/04 04:32 PM Re: Two week notice
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Congratulations and Good Luck.

Return to Top
#253672 - 10/08/04 04:57 PM Re: Two week notice
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
You know where we are, so don't be a stranger! Best of luck in your new position!

Return to Top
#253673 - 10/08/04 09:02 PM Re: Two week notice
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Good Luck!

Return to Top
#253674 - 10/11/04 04:03 AM Re: Two week notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Congrats AT! We can now include you when we bash lenders (I was one too so I always take the lender bashing personally...unless it's me doing it!)

Neh, just kidding, but good luck! I'm happy for you...great career ahead I'm sure!!!!

Good for you! I found that my time in various areas of banking from branches to credit administration to marketing (short time) to bank cards and eventually to compliance where I found my true calling all helped make me better at what I do. So learn, learn, learn because whether you stay in commercial lending or move on (maybe CEO one day??? ) you can never learn too much!!!

By the way, how's the skunk situation????

Return to Top
#253675 - 10/22/04 05:21 PM Re: Two week notice
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Well today is my last day.
It's sad and exciting at the same time. I made a lot of friends working at this place for the past 4 years (this was my "first real job" and all...)

The cards are rolling in, everyone is saying good luck, and my "moms" in the loan department are getting a little teary eyed. My old boss even gave me a skunk beanie baby (everyone's a comedian). I hear "good luck", "we'll miss you", and "don't steal our customers, A-hole". There are even a few that are still be in denial about me leaving, and are still saying I have time to reconsider.

Good bye community banking (for atleast a while), I'll miss you. I'll be sure to check-in from my new digs whenever I get settled, with my beautiful view of the Joliet Courthouse.

Return to Top
#253676 - 10/22/04 06:03 PM Re: Two week notice
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
LOL Gotta love a boss with a sense of humor like that...

Here's a thought.... Take your skunk, put it in a ziplock bag with some catfish and a couple eggs and let it sit out somewhere warm and toasty for a week or so... then remove the skunk and send it to the folks at the condo association!

Return to Top
#253677 - 10/22/04 06:15 PM Re: Two week notice
okstgrad Offline
Good luck AT. I hope you keep posting on this site. I enjoy your posts.

Return to Top
#253678 - 11/10/04 04:26 PM Re: Two week notice
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Guess who's baaaaack!
Wow it has been a really long time since I was able to read some of the threads, let alone post. I have been really busy getting used to all of the new people, products, and procedures of the new bank. I really like it so far. I just moved into my office yesterday, and I've already submitted my first loan for approval! I'm hoping that I will still have time to read some of the posts (I've noticed a few changes around BOL).....my region seems to still be stuck in the 60s and the banks are closed (or close early) on Wednesdays, which is why I have the time now to post.

I'm going to have to think of a new user name....I don't analyze financial statements anymore, so I have to think of something creative.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Return to Top
#253679 - 11/10/04 04:30 PM Re: Two week notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about "skunk boy" We'll always know who it is. Just a soke, of course - welcome back! Are you still in Chicago area?

Return to Top
#253680 - 11/10/04 04:31 PM Re: Two week notice
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Closed on Weds??? Plus will you be off tomorrow for the holiday? Sheesh, I may have to switch paths.

Glad to see you, hope you continue to do well. We miss you!

Return to Top
#253681 - 11/10/04 04:33 PM Re: Two week notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

How about "skunk boy" We'll always know who it is. Just a soke, of course - welcome back! Are you still in Chicago area?

By the way, I just figured out that while the post icons are not available if you use the "quick reply", on my post above, I did the : and ) thing and it translated into the real smiley face anyway

Return to Top
#253682 - 11/10/04 04:39 PM Re: Two week notice
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Bwahahaha I think AT SHOULD become SB!

Return to Top
#253683 - 11/10/04 05:12 PM Re: Two week notice
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

Skunk Boy it is. My new bank thinks that the story is hilarious, good thing they were not around when I smelled up my old bank!

I'm still in the Chicagoland area; I have 7 branches I travel between in the far southwest suburbs.

And the closed on Wednesdays thing ends 12/1, so I only get this month to enjoy it.

Return to Top
#253684 - 11/10/04 05:30 PM Re: Two week notice
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Props to Skunk Boy! Gotta admire a man with a sense of humour!

So what ever happened with the skunks and the condo?

Return to Top
#253685 - 11/10/04 05:41 PM Re: Two week notice
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
SB, now you'll have to update your picture to include a nice big white strip through your hair

Glad to hear the new job is going well.

Return to Top
#253686 - 11/10/04 05:43 PM Re: Two week notice
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Believe it or not, the condo still smells (atleast when you first walk in). My sister has successfully smoked enough cigarettes in the second floor that the upstairs now just smells like smoke.

Still in the process of selling the place. We get the first inspection this week, and hopefully it will sell fast (assuming that it does not smell after new carpet and a fresh coat of paint on the walls).

I think it is good now, cause with the new job I would have been driving over an hour (or more, depending on what branch I had to go to) to work. Now I get to work in 30 mintues to the farthest branch, and I'm looking for a new home that's even closer.

Return to Top