Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#253807 - 10/07/04 06:16 PM Wife Swap
Bucko Offline
100 Club
Heartland
Did anybody else watch Wife Swap on ABC last night? What a hoot! Was the "tree hugger" for real? She cracked me up!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#253808 - 10/07/04 07:01 PM Re: Wife Swap
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Oh, I thought it was hilarious. Especially when both couples met at the end. The tree hugger was definitely strange / funny!! Her daughter was pretty funny too, "that devil woman". And cleaning house only once a year! Pretty gross.

Return to Top
#253809 - 10/07/04 07:07 PM Re: Wife Swap
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
You should have seen the one last week. They had 28 animals living in the house - one was a kangaroo!!! The lady she traded with hated animals, there was no noise in the house and the kids pretty much stayed in their rooms. It was quite enlightening for both sides!

Return to Top
#253810 - 10/07/04 07:13 PM Re: Wife Swap
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I watched it last night. Both families had their share of weirdness. Cleaning once a year vs compulsive cleaner. Tree hugger vs american hunter. I was entertaining!

Return to Top
#253811 - 10/07/04 07:57 PM Re: Wife Swap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you see the way she completely freaked about the dogs being outside?!? I mean our dogs live inside (sleep in the bed), but come on...

And both couples looked very unhealthy...

Return to Top
#253812 - 10/07/04 08:13 PM Re: Wife Swap
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
As in, to swing?

Return to Top
#253813 - 10/07/04 08:23 PM Re: Wife Swap
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Didn't you love the dreads??? Talk about weird!

Return to Top
#253814 - 10/07/04 09:04 PM Re: Wife Swap
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

As in, to swing?

Noooooo. They just took over running each other's households and families. The wife's were in charge and the families were supposed to do whatever they were told. The families were different as night and day and that's what makes it interesting to watch.

Return to Top
#253815 - 10/07/04 09:15 PM Re: Wife Swap
Bucko Offline
100 Club
Heartland
Quote:

Did you see the way she completely freaked about the dogs being outside?!?

That was when I started laughing out loud! I love my dog too, but puh-lease..."they were adopted!!"

I agree that both couples have some issues. Did you notice how the "normal" couple from South Carolina barely touched when they "had to" kiss? I think the snoring isn't the only reason they're not sleeping together. But I really didn't pay much attention to them, I was just amazed at how c o o k y the tree-huggers were. The husband got ticked when he had to hang the American flag!

Return to Top
#253816 - 10/07/04 09:20 PM Re: Wife Swap
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

As in, to swing?

Noooooo. They just took over running each other's households and families. The wife's were in charge and the families were supposed to do whatever they were told. The families were different as night and day and that's what makes it interesting to watch.

I'm talkin' about what they call nowadays open marriage. I'm talkin' about l'amour.

Return to Top
#253817 - 10/07/04 10:49 PM Re: Wife Swap
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment

I'm talkin' about what they call nowadays open marriage. I'm talkin' about l'amour.

Return to Top
#253818 - 10/07/04 11:05 PM Re: Wife Swap
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

I'm talkin' about what they call nowadays open marriage. I'm talkin' about l'amour

My brother swapped his wife for a corvette...does that count?

Return to Top
#253819 - 10/07/04 11:43 PM Re: Wife Swap
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
You can do that? I wish I had know, is that deal still good??

Return to Top
#253820 - 10/08/04 03:53 AM Re: Wife Swap
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

The husband got ticked when he had to hang the American flag!

How about when he started to cry...

Return to Top
#253821 - 10/08/04 01:29 PM Re: Wife Swap
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I guess that joke's what you call a way homer.

Why's that?

'Cause you don't get it 'til you're on the way home!

I'm already home, Glen.

Return to Top
#253822 - 11/12/04 06:19 PM Re: Wife Swap
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Did anyone catch the last episode of Wife Swap? It was great when the laid-back mom gave the military family kids junk food! Those kids were loving it! Those parents were way too strict in my opinion. But then on the flip side, the other family let the kids get away with too much. The teenager in the low-cut halter -- unbelievable!

Return to Top
#253823 - 11/12/04 07:45 PM Re: Wife Swap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Did anybody else watch Wife Swap on ABC last night?

This is a brilliant show that promotes deep thought and stimulates our ability to rationalize and reason. The underlying message is very deep and profound. The only problem is the plots are becoming so challenging, they are becoming too difficult for anyone with a below-140 IQ to follow. Why are they making prime-time television so challenging and complex?

Return to Top
#253824 - 11/12/04 08:17 PM Re: Wife Swap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Did anyone catch the last episode of Wife Swap? It was great when the laid-back mom gave the military family kids junk food! Those kids were loving it! Those parents were way too strict in my opinion. But then on the flip side, the other family let the kids get away with too much. The teenager in the low-cut halter -- unbelievable!

It was funny to watch the military dad squirm when his kids got to do what they wanted.

Return to Top
#253825 - 11/12/04 08:26 PM Re: Wife Swap
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I thought it was really funny. The military dad was like Dr. Evil's son being told to "shush" or "zipit". She really put him in his place. He's definitely not used to having a woman tell him how things will be handled. Hilarious!

Return to Top
#253826 - 11/12/04 10:02 PM Re: Wife Swap
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I felt bad for the kids from the strict military family. They weren't allowed to have any fun and during the interviews kept saying how much fun they were having. The new mom was a riot and I was glad she threw away the whacker thing.

Return to Top
#253827 - 11/12/04 10:10 PM Re: Wife Swap
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Oh, yeah, THE WHACKER! The new mom should have added a rule that the dad would be "spanked" with the whacker if he disobeyed orders. I bet the kids would have really enjoyed that!!

Return to Top
#253828 - 11/12/04 10:26 PM Re: Wife Swap
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Oh, yeah, THE WHACKER! The new mom should have added a rule that the dad would be "spanked" with the whacker if he disobeyed orders. I bet the kids would have really enjoyed that!!

He probably does but the door is locked and the kids are not allowed in. "Yes, Miss (whatever her name was)!"

Return to Top
#253829 - 11/12/04 10:30 PM Re: Wife Swap
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Quote:

He probably does but the door is locked and the kids are not allowed in. "Yes, Miss (whatever her name was)!"

LOL

Return to Top
#253830 - 11/14/04 06:39 PM Re: Wife Swap
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I didn't catch the last couple of episodes, but the one episode I caught was the messy family vs. the ulta-clean family. It cracked me up when the husband told the "new" wife that they drank coffee THROUGH A STRAW so that the coffee wouldn't stain their teeth.

The "new" wife asked him "So does this really keep the stains off your teeth? To which the husband had no idea.

Return to Top
#253831 - 11/15/04 02:27 AM Re: Wife Swap
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...

This is a brilliant show that promotes deep thought and stimulates our ability to rationalize and reason. The underlying message is very deep and profound. The only problem is the plots are becoming so challenging, they are becoming too difficult for anyone with a below-140 IQ to follow. Why are they making prime-time television so challenging and complex?

Paraganon, why don't you just go ahead and log back in??? Or are you too busy saving starving people in the Sudan to log in?

Return to Top