Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#254182 - 10/08/04 01:57 PM Apprentice!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Last nights Apprentice was good. The ending was so funny with Raj and his bet. Guys are looking unbeatable. Next week should be really funny too.

I think Trump made the correct decision. The product was priced too high.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#254183 - 10/08/04 02:03 PM Re: Apprentice!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Last nights Apprentice was good. The ending was so funny with Raj and his bet. Guys are looking unbeatable. Next week should be really funny too.

I think Trump made the correct decision. The product was priced too high.

I agree. Of course the guys price was too high too. I was surprised that they calculated gross revenue and didn't take the cost of the item into consideration.

Raj earned some respect from me last night. He was correct that the price should have been dropped from $70 to around 59.99, and then to get down to his boxers after losing a bet and run around the tennis courts while having Anna Kournikova hit tennis balls at him showed me he has a sense of humor and a fun side to go with his goofy cane and bow ties. Wonder if she had coffee with him?

PS: If my reward was to spend a day with John McEnroe and Anna Kournikova, I think I would have tried to get some alone time with Anna too.... Lets face it, she is one beautiful woman.... Props to Raj for doing what every guy there dreamed of doing but was too chicken to do.

Return to Top
#254184 - 10/08/04 02:13 PM Re: Apprentice!
Anonymous
Unregistered

With the men's item priced too high, it surprised me that they won. What was up with that Pam lady?

Return to Top
#254185 - 10/08/04 02:15 PM Re: Apprentice!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

With the men's item priced too high, it surprised me that they won. What was up with that Pam lady?

You know you can ask all you want "what was up with Pam", but the fact is, she was EXACTLY what those catty girls needed. She let them see what a leader COULD be like, and she DID get them united. Sure, they united against her, but they will probably be better in the future because of her leadership. They needed someone to take charge and push ahead.

If the girls had sold just one more set of sponges, she wouldn't have been fired, she would have been the hero of the show, and a frontrunner for being the next apprentice. One lousy order....

Return to Top
#254186 - 10/08/04 02:44 PM Re: Apprentice!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I agree Michael. She did unite the team. I don't really care for her style but it worked to a point. However, Trump was right. She didn't assess each person correctly and use them to the best of their ability. And as annoying as Stacy is she was right that Pam did not assign herself any tasks until she took pricing away. She wanted an escape goat if they lost. If she wouldn't have taken the pricing away she would have been able to lay the entire blame on Stacy. To be an effective leader you must take on some of the responsibility as well and she didn't want to do that.

Return to Top
#254187 - 10/08/04 02:52 PM Re: Apprentice!
soanony Offline
100 Club
I agree that both products were over-priced. As for Pam, I like that she reined in the girls but she seemed arrogant. I felt sorry for Maria tho. Her first few words sounded fine but then she went off. As for the other lady (Jenn?) I think she was too toned down. I wished they had professionally discussed the situation. Maybe they could have worked together in selling the product. Maria could have done the hype and Jenn the demonstrations. They would have sold more products. As for the men, a price range of $50-$60+ would have worked better for them. I know I'm going to think twice about buying a $71+ grill. The price just doesn't feel right. They needed a more familiar sounding price like 59.95 or even 69.95.

~~I'm a consumer, not a salesperson.

Return to Top
#254188 - 10/08/04 02:57 PM Re: Apprentice!
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I thought Trump made a bad decision last night. Pamela specifically ask each girl what their strengths were, before assigning tasks, which makes perfect sense since she has been on the other team the entire show. How else would she know who was good at what??? Either of the other two, preferrably Stacy, would have been better choices to go. The girls are doomed. I thought the pricing for the men's product was terrible, but not sure why Pamela took so much heat for their pricing, they did sell like 600 units.

Go ahead Raj...at the very least, he got some serious attention from a real hottie.
Last edited by Grady; 10/08/04 02:58 PM.
Return to Top
#254189 - 10/08/04 03:27 PM Re: Apprentice!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

However, Trump was right. She didn't assess each person correctly and use them to the best of their ability. And as annoying as Stacy is she was right that Pam did not assign herself any tasks until she took pricing away.

I disagree completely. Pam attempted to get a feel for her NEW team, however, simply talking with them on a bus doesn't give you much time to assess your team. She showed me in the boardroom that she recognized that people on the team didn't know their strengths as well as they think they did, and thus showed she COULD assess their strengths, she simply needed ONE TASK to see what they were able to do.

As for not taking anything on herself, she took EVERYTHING on herself. She was the MANAGER, the LEADER. She wasn't going to say she was going to do one thing, she delegated and oversaw the entire project. Did you not notice that she was involved with every aspect of the project?

I don't like her personality, but she should not have been fired for a near victory with a brand new team, especially since Trump hand picked her to lead the team and she did more for getting them organized and being more successful than they had on any other task to date.

Return to Top
#254190 - 10/08/04 03:52 PM Re: Apprentice!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Quote:

However, Trump was right. She didn't assess each person correctly and use them to the best of their ability. And as annoying as Stacy is she was right that Pam did not assign herself any tasks until she took pricing away.

I disagree completely. Pam attempted to get a feel for her NEW team, however, simply talking with them on a bus doesn't give you much time to assess your team. She showed me in the boardroom that she recognized that people on the team didn't know their strengths as well as they think they did, and thus showed she COULD assess their strengths, she simply needed ONE TASK to see what they were able to do.

As for not taking anything on herself, she took EVERYTHING on herself. She was the MANAGER, the LEADER. She wasn't going to say she was going to do one thing, she delegated and oversaw the entire project. Did you not notice that she was involved with every aspect of the project?

I don't like her personality, but she should not have been fired for a near victory with a brand new team, especially since Trump hand picked her to lead the team and she did more for getting them organized and being more successful than they had on any other task to date.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Return to Top
#254191 - 10/08/04 04:50 PM Re: Apprentice!
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I wasn't a big fan of Pam's but I think she did the best job with what she had to work with. The ladies needed some type of leadership and Pam came through. I do think both teams priced their products too high, but as someone stated, if the ladies had just one more sale, they would have been the winners and Pam would have been praised instead of fired. It was close! I hope next week Trump mixes up the men and women. The women just have too hard of a time working all together as a team.

Return to Top
#254192 - 10/08/04 05:04 PM Re: Apprentice!
carrieb Offline
100 Club
Minneapolis
I think Pam's problem was that she needed to tone it down a little. What the girls need is a leader, not a dictator. While they were totally unproductive with no leadership, Pam took them to the opposite end of the spectrum. Instead of aiming their anger at each other, they just moved it all over to Pam, which still makes them catty and unproductive. What they need is to buckle down and grow up, no someone who is going to wind them up more. She did nothing but look down on everyone. I wouldn't have liked her either. You can delegate and give orders tactfully and still be productive.

I'm suprised they sold that many sponges......probablly to the QVC diehards. I wouldn't spend almost $30 on a bunch of sponges that I don't know even work.

Return to Top
#254193 - 10/08/04 05:12 PM Re: Apprentice!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with you, she would have put me off and I would have shut down.

Return to Top
#254194 - 10/08/04 05:21 PM Re: Apprentice!
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
Whether you like Pam or not you have to admit those women need a wake-up call! They are so embarassing. I just don't understand... they act so immature and emotionally unstable. I am anxious to see one of them emerge as a leader!

Return to Top
#254195 - 10/15/04 02:16 PM Re: Apprentice!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the biggest charge out of Caroline laughing at the guys last night while they were picking out the fabric for their designs! I guess Raj must have been a buddy of the project manager because he deserved to be booted off last night.

Return to Top
#254196 - 10/15/04 02:19 PM Re: Apprentice!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I got the biggest charge out of Caroline laughing at the guys last night while they were picking out the fabric for their designs! I guess Raj must have been a buddy of the project manager because he deserved to be booted off last night.

Naw, the project manager just didn't pay attention. He thought Trump flat out told him that the people responsible for pricing were at fault for the failure, but didn't realize that ultimately he was at fault for the pricing. He MISSED Trump telling him Raj deserved to be fired for being a horndog.

The fact is, had he brought in 3 people, the two guys who were with him on pricing and Raj, he could have argued that the 3 of them on pricing failed the task, BUT, Raj deserved to be fired for sexual harrassment.

Return to Top