Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#25552 - 07/26/02 07:10 PM Physical address of credit bureau
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I can't find the original post of the person who was asking about needing to have both the PO Box and the physical address of the credit bureau on the denial notice, so I'll just put this out there on it's own.

Don't ask me where I got this but.... apparently the FTC has determined that it's ok to just have the PO box. Their reasoning is that the big 3 credit bureaus can't even handle walkins so just using the mail address is OK. This is obviously not exactly what the commentary indicates, but hey, it's their law and I'm sure they'll get around to revising it eventually (or not.) Anyway, examiners of a certain government body were advised not to cite violations of FCRA for not having the physical address.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#25553 - 07/26/02 07:14 PM Re: Physical address of credit bureau
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, since you "don't know where you got this", I would feel a whole lot more comfortable with disclosing the physical address until such time as we see something in writing.

Return to Top
#25554 - 07/26/02 07:14 PM Re: Physical address of credit bureau
Gotwood Offline
Platinum Poster
Let me guess: FDIC?

Return to Top
#25555 - 07/26/02 07:25 PM Re: Physical address of credit bureau
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Oh, I know where I got it, all right. See Dean's answer. It's just that it's from an internal memo and not something the industry would have normal access to.

Return to Top
#25556 - 07/26/02 07:29 PM Re: Physical address of credit bureau
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sorry, I meant to say "Since I don't know", not that you didn't know. Of course we all know how consistent the regulators are, even within the same agency - right!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z