Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#255688 - 10/12/04 08:01 PM Escrow Surplus
Johncrcm Offline
100 Club
Eastern KY
Lots of questions here at home. I will begin each post now with the preface, I first performed a search for the past two years.

In Reference to 3500.17 (2)(i). Regarding less than $50, less than $1.00. I am being asked, if the checks are very small, and they do not want to mail them to the borrower, what are the options.

When I reply, mail the check or do nothing. When you say do nothing, can we credit a DDA or SAV account, credit the loan principal?

I replied, mail the check, or do nothing.

I ask for help in the intent of the cite as "or credit such amount against the next year's excrow payment". Can loan Adm. leave the surplus in the escrow account and see how the analysis works in next year's calculations. What about this, can loan administration set parameters, if less than $50. we do this. . . , and less than $10.00 . . . . we do this. Are the options there for the loan Adm? or is my response correct and that's it, less than $50 cut the check or do nothing?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#255689 - 10/12/04 08:09 PM Re: Escrow Surplus
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
"Credit such amount against the next year's excrow payment", means, I believe, that you must reduce their escrow payment for the next 12 months to make up for the surplus that was under $50. You cannot "do nothing".

Return to Top
#255690 - 10/12/04 09:18 PM Re: Escrow Surplus
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

"Credit such amount against the next year's excrow payment", means, I believe, that you must reduce their escrow payment for the next 12 months to make up for the surplus that was under $50.

That is exactly what we do. I wish they had indexed that $50 figure to some sort of CPI indicator, so that the threshhold would increase each year. It bugs me to be cutting checks for $50.67 each year, especially when annual real estate taxes in New Jersey range from $4,000- 10,000+++.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z