Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#25569 - 07/26/02 09:38 PM HMDA Report Availability
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Now that we are getting our CDs (one of mine came in today) I have to ask myself, self, do I want to print this out and put it in my book, or say it is available on the CD?

My prep software already told me what the data says to me and I have it in more usable e-form already. I may verify for my own peace of mind what is on the CD is what I verified, but I don't believe I'll print it. I have never given it to anyone other than my regulator.

Will you get a hard copy of your HMDA reports?
Yes. I want a paper copy of the tables from this FFIEC CD.
No. I don't need it and why waste paper.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#25570 - 07/29/02 02:11 PM Re: HMDA Report Availability
Rick Tryon Offline
100 Club
Rick Tryon
Clinton IN, USA
I received our HMDA CD on Friday. There were some written instructions in it that I pitched after I read because they outline what is already our procedure anyway. If I remember correctly, the instructions read," You must make the report for your institution available in your public file within three days of receiving this CD." That doesn't specifically state that it must be printed, but we don't have any other way to make it available in our public file.

Return to Top
#25571 - 07/29/02 02:26 PM Re: HMDA Report Availability
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If the person requesting your data agrees, you may provide them with a disk or CD version. This is why I was asking if folks will print it or just hold the CD.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#25572 - 07/29/02 03:39 PM Re: HMDA Report Availability
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
I printed out my bank's data and stuck it in our CRA binder so it is available. Only at my main office, branches have a statement that it is available at the main office or on request from the compliance officer. I would much prefer not to print it out and not waste the paper, but since I am not at the main office, it would not technically be 'available there'. So I print it out.
Last edited by David J. Mulkerin; 07/29/02 03:41 PM.

Return to Top
#25573 - 07/29/02 04:38 PM Re: HMDA Report Availability
marcy Offline
100 Club
marcy
We'll print it out to keep one copy with the public file and the other for my files. We've discovered that the CD could get lost or disappear in the back of someones desk. It is too important to not print out in our shop.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z