Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#261328 - 10/26/04 05:06 PM Guidelines for setting up Internet Banking
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Our bank is just now getting around to offering to our customers internet banking. We are heading in the right direction but we just want to make sure that we cover all our bases. Can anyone help me with some guidelines to follow?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#261329 - 10/26/04 07:07 PM Re: Guidelines for setting up Internet Banking
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The BOL Bankers Store has a great Internet Banking Policy booklet available for sale.

Take a look at the table of contents.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#261330 - 10/29/04 09:21 PM Re: Guidelines for setting up Internet Banking
Emalee Offline
New Poster
Emalee
Oklahoma
Am looking for feedback from anyone who has purchased the Internet Banking Policy from Bank Policies? Did you find it helpful? Do you feel that it was worth the investment?

Return to Top
#261331 - 11/05/04 12:27 PM Re: Guidelines for setting up Internet Banking
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Emalee and Brown Eyes- BOL has scheduled an eDelivery webinar for 12/1. This presentation will cover the critical "rules of the road" for banks that are offering (or planning to offer) electronic documents and disclosures in addition to or in place of paper. All banks moving in this direction need a thorough understanding of the basics, including ESIGN, the Fed's "eRegs", and OCC Advisory Letter 2004-11.

Return to Top
#261332 - 12/14/04 10:54 PM Re: Guidelines for setting up Internet Banking
SusyG Offline
100 Club
I was somewhat disappointed after purchasing this policy. We have had online banking for several years, so all of our general policy information has been done and revised over the years. What I was looking for was the operations and internal controls, just to make sure we aren't missing anything in our day-to-day procedures/operations. While those are listed as a topic in the table of contents, most of the areas I was looking for said "insert your procedures, etc. here". I understand all banks are different though, so it would be tough to write those out in general. However, for a bank that has not established a policy, etc., it would be a good starting point.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z