BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 18 of 67 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 66 67
Thread Options
#263602 - 03/10/05 05:43 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Ditto here. You are obviously where you needed to be. Hang in there, we are all praying for you guys

Return to Top
#263603 - 03/11/05 03:14 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
This is from Natalie's update tonight. Let's keep them in our prayers. Becca, we're still here for you guys!!

We had hopes of going home tomorrow. (Actually we were told that we'd be going home tomorrow, so it wasn't like we were hoping for no reason.)

LFTs are again on the rise, even after increasing the steroids and changing to Prograf. So Natalie had a biopsy today. Her doctors want to confirm rejection, for which she's getting treated. Dr. Whitington, has hypothesized that her LFTs (Liver function tests) are on the rise for one of two reasons.
1. Rejection
2. The Rotavirus made it's way into the liver. While this is uncommon, he has seen it before.

However, Natalie is eating like a champ - she ate a whole plate of spaghetti today and then followed it up with 12 ounces of grape juice!!!

Return to Top
#263604 - 03/11/05 07:58 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

However, Natalie is eating like a champ - she ate a whole plate of spaghetti today and then followed it up with 12 ounces of grape juice!!!

Champion fighters must keep up their strength!

Return to Top
#263605 - 03/11/05 02:04 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Man...I know you guys must be exhausted from this ordeal. Take care of yourselves, and know that we are all holding you up. More importantly, GOD is holding you up.

Return to Top
#263606 - 03/11/05 05:55 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Home! Home! Home!
We are going home today!!!!!

Phew...my head is in a whirlwind, need to breathe...

Natalie's liver numbers improved overnight, it looks like it was rejection and the extra steroids are working. We'll probably be here for the rest of the day, waiting for scripts for prescriptions and discharge orders, but who cares - we're leaving!!!

We have to come back next Monday and Thursday for appointments. That's OK with us!!!

The biggest thing that we need to remember is that Natalie is immuno-suppressed. So we have to keep her away from crowds or large gatherings for 6 months. She needs to be kept in a controlled - CLEAN - environment and be kept away from those that are sick. But at the same time we have to try to give her a normal life.

You guys rock!!!! Thanks for being our prayer warriors. Surely you have all reserved your places in heaven.

Return to Top
#263607 - 03/11/05 05:59 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
WOW!!!! Great news. I'm so excited for you guys.

Return to Top
#263608 - 03/11/05 06:02 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Wonderful news! Hopefully, the worst is over for your family!

Return to Top
#263609 - 03/11/05 06:07 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Praise God, Becca!!

I'm going to go dry my eyes now.

Return to Top
#263610 - 03/11/05 06:10 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Thank you Lord for showing your mercies and blessings on this little girl and her family.

Return to Top
#263611 - 03/11/05 06:53 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Goosebumps and Happy tears! Wow, what wonderful news. You are so incredibly strong. You inspire me, and really made me take a good look at my own priorities. Enjoy your little angel girl, and tell her that her BOL aunts and uncles love her and are very proud of her. I think I would print this thread to show her when she is older to let her know how many people cared enough to pray for a little one they have never met. PRAISE GOD for he is AWESOME.

Return to Top
#263612 - 03/11/05 07:02 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That's wonderful news. Make sure you let the family know about the suppressed immune system, I am sure they will all be trying to see her now that she's home, and you don't want any of their icky germs.

Return to Top
#263613 - 03/11/05 07:16 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Becca, you and the hubby need to schedule a day at the spa for yourselves to wind down from all of this.

PS: From one immunosuppressed person to another, listen carefully for people when they say they haven't been feeling well, and are "feeling better now". Quiz them, make sure they are feeling WELL and not just feeling better. Invest in one of those room air purifiers from Radio Shack, it's worth the extra cash. Remember, parents having a glass of red wine or a beer before bedtime is good for the child's immune system! (ok that's a lie, but fake it!)

Return to Top
#263614 - 03/11/05 07:31 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
That is great news! I am so happy for all of you. Take good care of that little girl. We will continue to pray for all of you.

Return to Top
#263615 - 03/11/05 08:38 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
So we're sending little Natalie home, as well as Lynne. We've had a good week Becca, our prayers and love continue!!!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#263616 - 03/11/05 08:47 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Yahoo!!!!! I'm sure Natalie will be glad to be back in her own bedroom also. God belss you all.

Return to Top
#263617 - 03/11/05 08:58 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
I wish I could think of a good "Ratherism" right now, but all I can think of is Praise God and HOME SWEET HOME!

Return to Top
#263618 - 03/11/05 09:07 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
It must be something in the air...I'm sniffling, tears are rolling down my face and I've got goosebumps all over!

Oh, happy day, our little bear is going HOME!!! I'll notify the Easter Bunny so he knows where to find her.

Continued prayers of support and love from another BOL auntie.

Return to Top
#263619 - 03/11/05 10:51 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I bet the nurses and Drs. are really going to miss her. She seems like she would be such a joy to take care of. Just make sure when you get home you don't try and over do it. She doesn't need you guys sick from exhaustion.

Return to Top
#263620 - 03/14/05 01:05 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Praise God and bless you all! Home - what a beautiful word!

Return to Top
#263621 - 03/14/05 02:54 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
This is such a great way to start a monday, with such wonderful news!!!!! Enjoy your well earned time at home!!!!

Return to Top
#263622 - 03/15/05 04:25 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Back in the hospital...
We came on Monday for a clinic appointment and we were admitted. Her LFTs climbed (total bilirubin went from 1.0 to 5.0).

We had an ultrasound last night and were supposed to have a biopsy this morning. But after her doctors looked and looked at her ultrasound they decided that it looks like there may be some sort of blockage in the biliary structure. So the biopsy for this morning was cancelled. There is also a fear that there may be a narrowing at the site where my portal vein attached to her portal vein.

We will have a cholangiogram tomorrow. (Actually it's called a Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram.) She's had these done in the past. The only difference being if there is a blockage or narrowing she may have a tube placed that will collect fluid outside of her body - for up to 3 months.

Return to Top
#263623 - 03/15/05 04:27 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh Becca, sorry to hear about the setback, keep on hanging in there.

Return to Top
#263624 - 03/15/05 04:30 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Thank goodness for the continued check ups to catch these things quickly. I am so sorry that her stay at home was so short this time and pray that you have her back there soon. We are all with you in our thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
#263625 - 03/15/05 06:37 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Prayers coming your way.

Return to Top
#263626 - 03/15/05 09:39 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

Quote:

Godspeed to you and your little bear. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Can we send her cards (email or regular) to cheer her day? Or is there anything else that would help cheer you both up? Maybe we could get you a map and start sending cards from all over so you could mark off where they came from. Let us know.

What a great idea!

You betcha it a great idea...and it is from a great person. She has lifted my spirits so-o-o-o many times during my recent trials......

I've only seen pictures of her, but I can say that she is a truly good friend.....

I'm praying for you and your little bear.....Keep your chin up......I'm sure that she will be in good hands...

Return to Top
Page 18 of 67 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 66 67

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett