Page 26 of 67 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 66 67
Thread Options
#263802 - 05/20/05 10:04 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

The Bear is going to grow up to be an amazing woman! Who know, maybe she'll be President...can I design her inaugural gown?

You bet!!!

Return to Top
#263803 - 05/24/05 04:05 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
The Bear was admitted to Children's Memorial last night because her hemoglobin level was quite low. She had a blood transfusion and they're hoping to see the hemotologist today rather than having to wait for their appointment on Thursday. Other than the low hemoglobin, she's still doing well.

Please keep mom & dad in your prayers (and of course Natalie!) We pray for comfort & patience for them, and for the doctors to figure out what is causing the hemoglobin level drops and to quickly determine what the course of action is.

Return to Top
#263804 - 05/24/05 04:10 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I am already praying for our little bear, as well as her parents and family. Thank god we know she is a fighter with very good doctors.

Return to Top
#263805 - 05/24/05 04:24 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Gosh, I know they are all strong...and have lots of prayers coming their way, but how much more of this roller coaster can they take?
Best of Luck Natalie, Mom and Dad! Stay stong, you have a lot of people pulling for you. We are sending more prayers your way

Return to Top
#263806 - 05/24/05 05:16 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
Oh my goodness! I pray for their continued strength and patience. It the face of their ups and downs it forces me to see that what I have believed to be my life's problems or chalenges are really nothing at all.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#263807 - 05/25/05 12:01 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Look out Becca, here come the hugs again. Hope we don't squeeze too tight.

Return to Top
#263808 - 05/25/05 01:44 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
If KC's hug does not do you in, here comes mine. Becca we love ya hun. We're there in spirit if not body. God will guard our little bear I just know he will!!!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#263809 - 05/25/05 02:18 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
ok, I'm next, move over Dawnie!!! I'm here to hug the remaining stuffins out of you, Becca. Know that we're here, still praying and thinking healing thoughts. Much love as always to our bear too.

Return to Top
#263810 - 05/25/05 12:31 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Big hugs headed your way from Mass too! Still praying and hug the bear for all of us too.

Return to Top
#263811 - 05/25/05 02:11 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Thanks all.
We are home. For now. I wish I had more good news to tell you. But for now we're are going to wait for the powers that be in the hospital to decide what the next step is.

However, the bear does have a new den (webpage) to call home. Give me a bit and I'll add to my profile. And there is a picture of the bear with her mommy - however the picture was taken 3 days after the transplant surgery - so I'm not looking my bestest.

Return to Top
#263812 - 05/25/05 02:14 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

And there is a picture of the bear with her mommy - however the picture was taken 3 days after the transplant surgery - so I'm not looking my bestest.

The new webpage is great and you both look like the angels that you are.

Let your faith guide you and the comfort of the father give you strength.

Return to Top
#263813 - 05/25/05 05:21 PM Re: UPDATE
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Here's the email that I just got. With commentary by me in {}. Don't worry if you don't understand all the medical speak - it's taken me 19 months.

I love our nurse...

"US {ultrasound} again showed persistent portal vein (PV) stenosis with evidence of increasing spleen size. When we found this before, she was not having any of the symptoms that she is now, so we decided, with input from the surgery team, to monitor it. Well now that she is having symptoms - low blood counts, increasing spleen size- we’re most likely going to need to do a portal vein venogram, by your special friends in Interventional Radiology {he knows how well IR and I get along - detect the sarcasm here?}. Basically they would put a catheter in her PV with a balloon to angioplasty the narrowing- much like they do in coronary artery disease. They could measure the pressure of the blood flow in the PV before and after the procedure to ensure that they did a good job. Then we would watch her closely (with serial US) for recurrence of this problem. If it came back, she may require a indwelling mesh stent- not like the one she has now in her bile duct. Dr. Whitington wanted to wait for the hematology testing to come back, first, and have Dr Alonso go over all this stuff too. For now, I will send a repeat CBC on Thursday- to look for sudden drop of hemoglobin and then weekly on Mondays. I called home care with those instructions. Hematology will be following her closely as well. Argh. {When I read it I try to sound like a pirate - it makes me smile more. }"

Return to Top
#263814 - 05/25/05 05:40 PM Re: UPDATE
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Becca, I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. Just know that I am thinking about you, Jason and NatBear. I will have to look for some additional ways to make you smile.

Return to Top
#263815 - 05/25/05 05:51 PM Re: UPDATE
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I was too busy to look at the BOL Couch yesterday much and I missed your posts. I am so sorry to hear that the ups and downs continue for you guys. Lots of hugs coming your way with prayers to support you. Give that little one a kiss for me.

Return to Top
#263816 - 05/25/05 07:41 PM Re: UPDATE
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
More prayers and hugs coming from the Texan who lives in Oklahoma.

Return to Top
#263817 - 05/25/05 08:25 PM Re: UPDATE
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Can I vent a little more? The car broke down while I was on my lunch break. I went to the babysitter's house to give the bear her IV meds and then poof it wouldn't start. It's all covered under warranty and everything is going to work out ...but Argh (said like a pirate) I need a vacation!!!!!

Return to Top
#263818 - 05/25/05 09:21 PM Re: UPDATE
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

I need a vacation!!!!!

I hear Minneapolis is quite nice this time of year

Return to Top
#263819 - 05/25/05 09:26 PM Re: UPDATE
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
And Madison is a nice half-way stop on the way!

Return to Top
#263820 - 05/26/05 04:53 AM Re: UPDATE
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Calgon, take me away.

Return to Top
#263821 - 05/26/05 10:42 AM Re: UPDATE
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
OTOH, it's SUMMER in Dallas already...... AND we have the best Mexican food.

Return to Top
#263822 - 05/26/05 01:46 PM Re: UPDATE
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati is having Taste of Cincinnati this weekend, and they are opening the new Wolf Woods at the Cincinnati Zoo too... Plus, we have Cincinnati Chili!

Return to Top
#263823 - 05/26/05 01:48 PM Re: UPDATE
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Cincinnati Chili - mmmm ... good stuff!!

Return to Top
#263824 - 05/26/05 02:32 PM Re: UPDATE
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
It has been nice and sunny here in Twin. No humidity and little to no mosquitos and I haven't noticed too many fly's yet...sounds good, doesn't it.

Return to Top
#263825 - 05/26/05 07:15 PM Re: UPDATE
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Well, I did get a mini-vacation today. The bear woke up with a slight fever and vomiting (mmm...sorry if anyone just ate). And she was kind enough to share this bug with me. So today her and I are cuddling on the couch watching Star Wars Episode II.

Return to Top
#263826 - 05/26/05 10:26 PM Re: UPDATE
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
The cuddling sounds nice! Prayers and hugs from New Mexico.

Return to Top
Page 26 of 67 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 66 67

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett