Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 29 of 67 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 66 67
Thread Options
#263877 - 06/10/05 01:37 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Prayers flowing heavily from Mass!

Return to Top
#263878 - 06/10/05 03:22 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Any news on how the surgery came out?

Return to Top
#263879 - 06/10/05 04:10 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
Her latest journal entry...

Quote:

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 09:39 PM CDT

Natalie is out of surgery.
She looks good.

She has a chest-drain helping to drain any air or fluid that may be around the lungs from surgery. She also has a catheter (Natalie, honey, when you're older don't kill mommy for this) and they reinforced her PTC tube (bili line).

They did a small incision in her chest right above her right breast. Dr. Superina was able to remove 3 nodes. 2 small and one "larger, about 3cm, nasty looking one" (his words not mine). It would be about the size of a ping-pong ball. Results will most likely not be back on this until Friday. He is hoping to get some good tests run with the larger node. They have her on a PCA pump for pain for the next few days. Jason or I can give her a dose once every 8 minutes if she needs it.

In my prayers!

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#263880 - 06/10/05 04:33 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I'm definitely praying for you and Natalie.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#263881 - 06/10/05 04:51 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Rest assured, we will keep on praying for you Becca and Natalie...

Return to Top
#263882 - 06/10/05 04:59 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Any news on how the surgery came out?

There's a new update on her new website . They're hoping for results of the biopsy this afternoon.

Return to Top
#263883 - 06/13/05 04:35 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
I've been reading these posts and praying for the bear. But, I checked her website today and Friday and it really hit me how much you've been going through. It's one thing to talk about it; it's another to actually see the pictures and that adorable little girl's face.

You have continued prayers coming from MA!

Return to Top
#263884 - 06/15/05 02:24 AM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Just checked her website (9:00pm Tuesday) and Becca writes they expect to go home tomorrow. Whoopie! They could all use the time at home, I'm sure. Hopefully Becca will find time to update us again. More prayers from just a bit north of you headed your way, little bear!

Return to Top
#263885 - 06/15/05 02:43 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Thanks for sharing the good news!

Return to Top
#263886 - 06/15/05 02:47 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Prayers are with you from Kentucky!

Return to Top
#263887 - 06/16/05 12:46 AM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Holy cow, I was gone for a week and missed a lot. Becca, I hope you did get to go home and I am glad that you and Jason were able to get away for a while. Give the little trouper a hug for me. And here is one for you.

Return to Top
#263888 - 06/16/05 03:44 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
There is nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed!! Oh, happy day.
Thanks all for your prayers and encouraging words!!! Here's an update:

We will not have to go back next week for a repeat bone marrow biopsy. They are sending the previous bone marrow slides to Pittsburg (they are PTLD experts) and I think that our doctors still suspect that the dead bone marrow cells are related to the PTLD. If not, we’re asking them to send it to other hospitals that specialize in looking at bone marrow.

For the time being, we will have blood drawn every Monday. This is due to Natalie’s continuing anemia. If her hemoglobin drops we’ll have to get more blood transfusions – but this is something that we can come in and do and then be sent home. Then we’ll go back on the 30th for a repeat CAT scan, to see if the lymph nodes are shrinking and if the PTLD treatment is working.

PTLD stands for post transplant lymphoproliferative disease (try saying that 3 times fast). It is believed to be caused by an interaction between immunosuppression medications and a chronic viral infection called EBV (Epstein Barr Virus). 85% of the population gets EBV, for most it’s like mono, you feel icky and then you get over it. Only neither Natalie nor I (her liver donor) ever had it, so since this was her first case of EBV, it was bound to hit her hard.

In non-medical news, after being discharged yesterday we took Natalie for her first visit to the Zoo (the Lincoln Park Zoo – it’s a free zoo). She loved the bears (like that was a surprise) and kept pointing at them. She also loved the tiger and giggled as it paced back and forth in front of her (I was making meowing noises, so she may have been laughing at me too). Then she and daddy went for a ride on the Carousel!

Return to Top
#263889 - 06/16/05 04:01 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Happy Day! The little ones just love the animals don't they. I hope things keep getting better for you and Jason and Natalie. My thoughts and prayers are still with you!!

Return to Top
#263890 - 06/16/05 04:47 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
It's always great to hear good news. I'm amazed that Natalie was able to go out to the zoo after all that she's been through in the last week. That's wonderful!

Return to Top
#263891 - 06/16/05 05:29 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Great news, Becca. Natalie is an amazing little girl!

Return to Top
#263892 - 06/16/05 07:15 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
That is such good news. I'm so happy you got to go home. Give your bear a big hug for all of us.

Return to Top
#263893 - 06/16/05 07:20 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

In non-medical news, after being discharged yesterday we took Natalie for her first visit to the Zoo (the Lincoln Park Zoo – it’s a free zoo). She loved the bears (like that was a surprise) and kept pointing at them. She also loved the tiger and giggled as it paced back and forth in front of her (I was making meowing noises, so she may have been laughing at me too). Then she and daddy went for a ride on the Carousel!

If she liked the Lincoln Park Zoo, you should take her out to Brookfield Zoo and let her watch the Dolphin Show! You will ALL have fun with that. (Don't sit in the "Splash Zone")

Return to Top
#263894 - 06/16/05 08:47 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
That is such good news and there is nothing like a trip to the zoo to perk up a little one. We just joined the Brookfield Zoo, figured we two old folks would enjoy just walking around from time to time, watching the little ones (no grandchildren yet). Maybe we'll see you there one of these nice warm Sunday afternoons!!!!

Return to Top
#263895 - 06/16/05 10:07 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Great news, it just amazes me how resilient kids are. Natalie is such a cutie. I bet she enjoyed being home even more than you did. I will keep praying that things just keep getting better and better.

Return to Top
#263896 - 06/17/05 02:12 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Have a great weekend, Happy Father's Day to Jason!

You all are such amazing people. As I may have said before and I know others have said it to. You are an inspiration to all! Keep your chin up and we will continue to pray that Natalie gets better every day.

Return to Top
#263897 - 06/17/05 04:58 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
What a fun day at the zoo!

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#263898 - 06/18/05 01:13 AM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Becca thanks for the update and glad you got to go home. I am beginning to feel pretty darn educated with all the medical lessons you give us. You may consider a change in careers when this is all over, you are become quite an expert.

Return to Top
#263899 - 06/20/05 06:48 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Anonymous
Unregistered

So glad to hear she was up to the zoo! That's amazing, kids are amazing. Best wishes that your daughter gets better with each passing day! You're in my thoughts & prayers!

Return to Top
#263900 - 06/21/05 02:53 AM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
So, here we are late on Monday night, wondering how the bear's blood work went today. Hope she's doing ok in the heat we've been having.

Return to Top
#263901 - 06/21/05 01:14 PM Re: Calling all prayer warriors...
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Sorry bjp

Here's an update and since I made you wait, I even added new pictures!!

Return to Top
Page 29 of 67 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 66 67

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett