Page 33 of 67 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 66 67
Thread Options
#263977 - 08/01/05 02:32 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

YAY! Soon she will be climbing, running...how wonderful! Hang on for the next phase Becca, and enjoy.

It usually isn't very long from figuring out the walking thing to forgetting how to walk and going straight to run!

Return to Top
#263978 - 08/01/05 02:35 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Great news, Becca!

Return to Top
#263979 - 08/01/05 02:48 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
That's just down right wonderful!

Return to Top
#263980 - 08/01/05 02:57 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Congratulations to Natalie!

Return to Top
#263981 - 08/01/05 03:29 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
She's walking, and before you know it, she'll be asking for the keys to the car!!!!

Going through that right now.....

Return to Top
#263982 - 08/01/05 03:31 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Way to go Natalie!!! How awesome!

Return to Top
#263983 - 08/01/05 10:41 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Becca you bring tears to my eyes! Walking!!! I'd love to have a child as strong as your darling She's one amazing little girl.

You know...we could arrange a marriage now.... heh heh

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#263984 - 08/02/05 01:03 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I just found out Kaiden is walking too. Maybe we should get them together and they can entertain us with their cute little wobbley walks.
I haven't had a chance to see her walk yet since my computer at home is down (cat spilt tea on it and the monitor went out).

Return to Top
#263985 - 08/02/05 01:06 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
If you'd give the poor kitty water instead of tea this stuff wouldn't happen silly

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#263986 - 08/02/05 01:08 AM Re: Keep us in your prayers
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
We have made up but it was touch and go for a while. I may have to buy a whole new lap top just because the monitor is out. Grrrrr.

Return to Top
#263987 - 08/02/05 12:21 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
YEA!!! And you thought the house was "child proof" before, just wait. You will be amased at what she can find now that she's walking.

Return to Top
#263988 - 08/02/05 01:06 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

Becca you bring tears to my eyes! Walking!!! I'd love to have a child as strong as your darling She's one amazing little girl.

You know...we could arrange a marriage now.... heh heh

Hmmmm...younger man...we'll have to talk

Return to Top
#263989 - 08/04/05 05:32 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Are we there yet? Offline
Trying to find Nemo
I've been reading this thread since the beginning but have never written anything. I have Natalie's webpage in my favorites and love to look at all her pictures and read your updates.

I just wanted to say how much I admire your strength, love and willpower. Letting so many strangers in to this area of your life is very hard I'm sure. But the education I am getting about transplants and the aftermath is priceless. I always thought that once someone received a transplant, they went home and that was it. They got on with their lives. I had no idea that there could be so many other problems that could come up later that would have the recipient in and out of hospital so long after the surgery.

I know that you would say to me that you are lucky to have Natalie in your lives, but I think Natalie is just as lucky to have you, Jason and all your family and friends in her life.

Return to Top
#263990 - 08/05/05 06:52 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Thank you for your kind words "Are we there yet?" It's funny because your user name puts into words the way that I am feeling as I type this latest update. Are we there yet? When will we get to the "easy" part of transplant living? We too had hoped that after the transplant things would be easier...but that's not God's plan and He does have one. I guess this is part of it - allowing me to touch the hearts and lives of others...anyway sorry to ramble, I'm feeling frustrated.

Hemoglobin is 8.7 (down almost a gram since last draw, but not as steep a drop as before)- platelets and white count are better.
Now the problem is a GGT level that is up in the range where they think she needs a biopsy. This could mean rejection. GGT is 277 (normal is around 50, her's is up from 70). Could also be a recurrence of the biliary problem, let's hope she doesn't need another PTC tube.

In order to be safe- we'll do an ultrasound at 2 pm Monday, then admit her, give her a transfusion, and biopsy her on Tuesday am. We would have results of the biopsy by that afternoon, per the hospital.
I'm nervous.
Crap.
At least we get to enjoy the weekend.

Return to Top
#263991 - 08/05/05 07:10 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I wish we could all be there for you in person and give you a big hug! But, know that you and your little bear are in our prayers constantly.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#263992 - 08/05/05 08:17 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Mama Bear I am so sorry. Every step you take hurts our hearts. My prayers are with you as always. Be strong, laugh loud, and when you must cry, cry quickly. We are thinking of you.

Return to Top
#263993 - 08/05/05 08:29 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Couldn't have said it better. You know we love you guys.

Return to Top
#263994 - 08/05/05 08:46 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Can I just share the most wonderful sentiment that I heard (read) today. This is from a fellow "liver" mom, whose child has gone to God earlier this year. She was explaining to her other children, the reason that God takes some of us home a little sooner:

"[I reminded him of the time we were] at DisneyWorld and were in line for the Monorail. [Our other daughter] was chosen to ride up front with the captain and I was not able to go with her. I went ahead and let her go, even though we had to ride a few cars back. We were going to the same destination, but she just got there quicker than we did, and she was there waiting for us when we got to the station. I hesistate to say this for fear some will really think I have lost it, but in some way, [our youngest daughter's] passing is like getting a "FastPass" at Disney. We are all in line waiting, not knowing when our turn will be to get on the ride. Some wait with eager anticipation of the excitement yet to come, some find things to gripe about while they are waiting to go and make themselves and others miserable, some give up on waiting and leave the line, but [our baby] got to go to the front of the line!

Someone once asked me why I thought God made "sick" babies when He has the power to create perfectly healthy children from the beginning. The only reason that I could come up with was that the way the world sees these children as fragile and needing extra attention is the way He sees all of us. We each have our flaws and imperfections, some are just more noticeable to the world than others. Just as we parents love these children, He loves us even more, He loves us anyway. Scars and All."

Even though she was talking about the child that she lost, it renewed my hope in God and in HIS plan. And who am I to argue with the Big Guy?

Return to Top
#263995 - 08/05/05 09:04 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
AWESOME. Now that is faith.

Return to Top
#263996 - 08/05/05 10:31 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
That was absolutely beautiful, Becca. God does work in mysterious ways. Love and prayers to you and the bear.

Return to Top
#263997 - 08/08/05 08:26 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
D Gem Offline
New Poster
10000 Lakes
Brand new to BOL and just spent a better part of my afternoon crying smiling and crying and smiling reading about the trials and tribulations of Natalie, Becca and Jason. My heart goes out to you and your great strength to hold your head high and take what life has dealt you. I myself have a daughter who is only a month younger than Natalie and it could so easily have been me and my little one. I pray for you everyday and that your lives will very soon be blessed with normalcy. God bless you and your family!!!!!!

Return to Top
#263998 - 08/09/05 09:31 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Mom O'Bear updated the website last night. So far so good.

What is the website address?

Return to Top
#263999 - 08/09/05 10:02 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC

Return to Top
#264000 - 08/10/05 02:40 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
The Bears are home ... but go back Friday for further tests.

Nataliebear's Den

Happy 6 month birthday to Natalie's new liver!

Return to Top
#264001 - 08/10/05 03:15 PM Re: Keep us in your prayers
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Leia, isn't Natalie's liver older than she is?

Return to Top
Page 33 of 67 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 66 67

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett