Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2683 - 07/02/01 05:48 PM IBT Financial Internet Training
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Does anyone have any experience with IBT Financial? We signed up months ago for Internet Training and were told that we would receive information to begin training June 1, 2001. All attempts to contact the company have been unsuccessful. Disconnected phone numbers, unreturned emails... I am curious to know if anyone else has tried to do business with this company. Their web address is:
ibtfinancial.com

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2684 - 07/02/01 06:09 PM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know about IBT Financial, but have you checked out www.compliancecoach.com

Return to Top
#2685 - 07/02/01 06:13 PM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I took one of the compliancecoach.com courses and was just not impressed at all. It was little more than an Internet version of an audio tape, with a handful of Power Point slides thrown in.

Return to Top
#2686 - 07/02/01 06:55 PM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have also checked in with compliancecoach,, I might add a VERY expensive power point presentation....

Return to Top
#2687 - 07/02/01 08:03 PM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
We have been using Bankers Training - they offer both InTRAnet and InTERnet based training.

We've been happy with the product although some of the questions can be tricky. The tutorial portion of the program offers little "pop" quizes throughout with an immediate feedback on the correct/incorrect answer. The test at the end is scored and recorded, and it gives you a nice record of the training that employees have taken.

Return to Top
#2688 - 07/03/01 01:19 PM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Back to Elena's original question, I am not familiar with them. They have a good looking Web site, less the fact that the print is pretty small and they don't give much in the way of an address or telephone number.

If you have paid a fee, you have some information. I'd check with the BBB and possibly their bank if they are known. (Reg. P won't apply to a commercial business.)

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2689 - 07/06/01 06:47 PM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

For internet-based training, Bankers Training is the company I recommend. They've been in business for over 17 years and have excellent products. I also recently heard they are getting ready to launch a new internet training product line, complete with all the bells and whistles of a learning management system. They offer free previews also. Visit them at www.btcc.com

Return to Top
#2690 - 07/06/01 09:19 PM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm surprised if they've dropped off the face of the earth . . they have a deal with the Independent Community Bankers of America and a number of their state associations providing on-line compliance training. Back in 1999 when I went shopping for internet-based compliance training the only two players at that time were IBT and BVS Performance Services. I did go with BVS and have been very pleased. Elena, you may want to check with ICBA for a contact at IBT.

Return to Top
#2691 - 07/07/01 12:52 AM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Jan94 Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
We currently use BVS computer based training delivered through our intranet. In the beginning everyone was willing and we had a lot of participation, but so far this year, even though they have a schedule, very few have accessed the courses. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on how to maintain the momentum after the 1st year? Thank you as always.

Return to Top
#2692 - 07/09/01 11:57 AM Re: IBT Financial Internet Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you hold them accountable for completing courses? To spread out the assignments, we assign one course per month to employees on a predesignated schedule. I also send out congratulatory emails daily to those who took and passed tests the previous day (lets them know someone's watching!). At the end of the month, I send an email to managers with names of their employees who did not complete assignments. The managers follow up. That all goes on my quarterly compliance report to the board's audit committee. Another point, how do you assign your courses? I learned the hard way that you cannot set assignments for the year, then let everyone set their own pace for completion throughout the year - - you'll get lousy participation stats. Instead, set an annual schedule assigning one or two at most courses per month to predesignated departments, then send out the assignment, say by email, at the first of each month telling them they have 30 days to complete. They'll keep on schedule better. You can set up templates on Outlook for the assignment and congratulatory emails. Hope this helps.

Return to Top