Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options Tools
#27092 - 08/08/02 03:11 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
I know a few people I would like to open one of those cans on!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#27093 - 08/08/02 03:13 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I'll have to admit that when I post a question I hope that one of the people who responds is Andy. If you haven't given me the answer straight away at least you give me a direction to go. That is all I ask. I don't want someone to do my work for me, just a little help. Andy you have been a tremendous help.

Thanks

Return to Top
#27094 - 08/08/02 03:20 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
SusyG Offline
100 Club
Not only is Andy a SuperPoster for BOL, one of the "major" Internet Banking Vendors uses a quote from him in their marketing brochures!! Is this guy a Compliance God or what?????????
Andy - be sure and print this thread when your next raise comes up!!!!!

Return to Top
#27095 - 08/08/02 03:20 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Ice Man Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Andy...Thanks for your help and insight you give to all posted questions I have read.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction...
Last edited by BOL User; 08/08/02 03:21 PM.
Return to Top
#27096 - 08/08/02 04:01 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Andy - actually we have met - it was at the California Bankers Compliance conference in San Francisco a few years ago. I'm usually the one asking the questions the regulators would rather not answer.

Return to Top
#27097 - 08/08/02 04:33 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
When I die, I want you guys at my funeral.

It is my pleasure to assist when I can. And when I can't, I learn. Thank you all.

Its nice to know that so many appreciate my posts and I know the posts of others as we all contribute to this tool.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#27098 - 08/08/02 04:42 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Andy, Congrats on crossing another milestone. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom and wit with the rest of us poor, lost, confused, struggling, wisdomless, witless ninnies. We couldn't last a day in this job without your help, your willingness to share and a chuckle now and then. If I contribute 1/10th as much as you do to the industry and this board, I will consider myself a success. Thanks, thanks, thanks!!

Return to Top
#27099 - 08/08/02 04:45 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Andy, in response to your comment "when I die....." I don't know how many years you have until retirement but I just hope ALL us compliance people have a few good years to enjoy ourself after retirement.....years we will not have to worry any more about examiners, regulations, personnel, etc We will have deserved a few happy, carefree years. Right?!!!!

Return to Top
#27100 - 08/08/02 04:52 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
Bonnie,
In response to: "I'm usually the one asking the questions the regulators would rather not answer."
You mean there are questions that the Regulators WANT to answer? Which one was that?
Leslie

Return to Top
#27101 - 08/08/02 05:20 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In reply to:

there are questions that the Regulators WANT to answer? Which one was that?

"Is this Friday a flex Friday off?"
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#27102 - 08/08/02 07:50 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Only if the answer is "Yes". You know, they only like to ask the question when they know the answer that they are going to get.

Return to Top
#27103 - 08/08/02 07:53 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Andy,

I appreciate your wisdom and insight. Congrats on the milestone!!

Return to Top
#27104 - 08/08/02 08:28 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
I, too, congratulate you on the milestone. And, let me be the first to thank you, not for the 2,046 posts in the past, but in advance for the next 2,046 posts. I am sure they will be as valuable and insightful as the others.

Keep up the good work. We need all the help we can get.

Return to Top
#27105 - 08/09/02 02:55 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
captain morgan Offline
100 Club
captain morgan
Land of "uffda"
Congats!! Andy, I have been laying on the side for about a year now. Your repsonses, comments are great!! keep up the good work. I'm curious with all your responses, have you ever responded to your own reply??
Thanks again.

Return to Top
#27106 - 08/09/02 03:19 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Ron Justi Offline
Evans City, PA. USA
Congratulations Andy! Someday I hope to enjoy compliance as much as you do (I should live so long). I'm with Leslie & wacokid in wondering where you find the time. Can't thank you enough for all your help.

Return to Top
#27107 - 08/09/02 09:21 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
Congrats from me too! I still remember the day, all those years ago, when I got an email from Andy wanting to start up an email group of bank compliance people to bounce ideas off of each other, after looking though AOL profiles for 'bank compliance'. Look at where we're at now!

Return to Top
#27108 - 08/09/02 09:27 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
That was some years ago. Yes, I was an AOL user once upon a time.

Return to Top
#27109 - 08/09/02 09:37 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
We can all forgive you your prior life as an AOLian. Thanks for helping us all look good when we opine to management. It's about time more BOLians rate your profile with a 5-star click, even though that's not enough to show how much respect you deserve for your contributions to the CO world.

I'm proud to know you as a friend, Andy. Now let me wipe that tear from my eye!
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#27110 - 08/09/02 11:18 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Can't let the opportunity go by without chiming in! Andy, you're great! I'm with the person (several messages up the list) who wishes that you answer when they post a question. It's comforting to know that you understand Texas banking challenges, and can speak to that.

Thanks again! Is there anybody in upper management you'd like us to email for you?

Return to Top
#27111 - 08/10/02 02:30 AM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
When I grow up, I'll get a 5th star. Remember that famous movie and the little girl who will grow up to the compliance officer at her dad's building and loan. Its Christmas, he is holding her in his arm in front of the tree and she says, "See daddy, teacher says everytime you pass an exam, a poster gets a star".

Return to Top
#27112 - 08/10/02 11:06 AM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
A D Virr Offline
Gold Star
Derry, NH
Phwew! I'm outta breath. I keep runnin and runnin and trying to ketch up but Andy's always up there at the head of the pack. Thanks Andy for all the help you have given all of us BOLers. Your answers are always right on target. We all appreciate your invaluable contributions. Thank good ness for BOL - it has changed the compliance playing field. I remember the old days when all you had was your reference books and a few old friends to count on.

Return to Top
#27113 - 08/11/02 03:40 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I couldn't wait until tomorrow (when I have my password handy) to pass along this article on the Brazilian American WildLife Society (BAWLS) and the drink of the same name (even though the drink has never used the society name). From today's San Jose Mercury News

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/business/3842507.htm

Hope you find some soon. The article says it can keep computer addicts awake for gaming binges 15 to 24 hours straight. I wonder how long it would work on compliance binges.

Al Miller

Return to Top
#27114 - 08/12/02 05:44 AM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
You know.... - three shots of Turkish coffee will do about the same thing.

Rule of thumb on caffeine - the finer the grounds and the longer the water is in contact, the more caffeine you will get. That's why a regular filter-brewed cup of coffee has more caffeine than espresso. A cup of French-Press and percolated coffee has more than filter brew, and Turkish coffee has the most.

Return to Top
#27115 - 08/12/02 12:51 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Thanks for the article. I guess I'm going to have to get some online pretty soon.

Return to Top
#27116 - 08/13/02 02:19 PM Re: Wow to Andy Z!
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
Andy, I would like to say thank you also. I look forward to reading the postings on this website because of knowledgeable people like you. I appreciate all of the help you and others have given me and hope that you will always be a big part of this board. And, when you do decide to take your "department" on vacation, please let us know so that we will know why you are not answering our posts.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3