P*Q
Somewhere
Thanks Princess.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#272424 - 04/06/05 12:52 PM Re: New Visa Requirements
Anonymous
Unregistered

This just came to my attention yesterday! (Better late than never, I guess!) We already have the following disclosure in our Electronic Banking Agreement:

Any international purchases or ATM withdrawals will be withdrawn from the account in U.S. dollars. The exchange rate between the Transaction Currency and the Billing Currency is a wholesale market rate or the government-mandated rate in effect one day prior to the Central
Processing Date, and increased by one percent, plus or minus an additional percentage that the Bank determines.

The only major change I see is that Visa now determines the rate. Also, instead of showing up on our customer's statements as one lump sum, it shows up as separate charges.
Prior to April 1, 2005, the international fee was included in the dollar amount of the transaction. For instance, if the fee was $.92, and the withdrawal or purchase amount may have been $1.08; the client would see a single transaction of $2.00 on their statement.

Effective April 1, 2005, the fee is broken out from the transaction amount. This fee is NOT NEW, we are simply reporting it separately as we do the surcharge amount that the client sees on a domestic foreign ATM withdrawal. This supports the required disclosure of the fee as mandated by Visa.

I do not see this as requiring any disclosure under Reg E, as it is not a new fee, accrding to our disclosures, and is not an increase in an existing fee. Am I correct?
BC

Return to Top
#272425 - 04/06/05 12:59 PM Re: New Visa Requirements
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
Oops! Sorry. That Anon above was me! didn't realize I wasn't signed in!
BC

Return to Top
#272426 - 07/26/06 12:09 AM Re: New Visa Requirements
mlh241 Offline
New Poster
Washington
I know this is a year behind the game....BUT, our bank has decided to have these fees pass along to our customers. (I am tired of the manual entries just to expense it out). Did you find any user/customer friendly notices or an easy statement message?-- We have both Visa Credit and Debit cards....

Return to Top
#272427 - 07/26/06 12:28 PM Re: New Visa Requirements
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
While searching for something else, I found the Bankers Systems sample disclosures on the complianceheadquaters website.

Visa Disclosures

and

Compliance Point 2/24/05
Check out this post from the first page of this thread, it has some suggested language.You may need to go to page 1 to obtain the actual link.

Return to Top
#272428 - 07/26/06 04:58 PM Re: New Visa Requirements
mlh241 Offline
New Poster
Washington
Thank you very much for responding....I saw the question and information on page from Maya & River Girl, as well as the Bankers Systems sample disclosures.... I was hoping for a more toned down version as well. Looking over the information, I see that we might not be able to tone it down as much as we had hoped.

Return to Top
#272429 - 08/04/06 07:19 PM Re: New Visa Requirements
mlh241 Offline
New Poster
Washington
Do we need to include this fee in the Schumer box on our Credit Card Applications...and also on our Debit Card Applications?

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3