BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#274343 - 11/12/04 09:14 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Just came from a liberal lunch, here is the agenda as passed out...

Liberal Agenda - November 12, 2004

1. Get Bush out of the White House.
2. Make sure anyone can be legally married to anyone, male, female, goat, whatever is breathing.
3. Ensure that women in California can be kidnapped with no repercussions.
4. Have it rain in Alaska today.

Damn, Anonymous was right again!!! And so was Dawnie.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#274344 - 11/12/04 09:22 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Happy, you forgot, we're forcing abortion on all pregnant women we see fit.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#274345 - 11/12/04 09:24 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Quote:

2. Make sure anyone can be legally married to anyone, male, female, goat, whatever is breathing.

Funny that you mention that!

This weekend "Seed of Chucky" will open, that depicts not only the marriage between a human being and a toy doll (Chucky), but the unholy child of aforementioned union.

As if that isn't BAD ENOUGH, Chucky is a is the product of a satanic ritual which interred a serial killer's soul inside of a what was a harmless doll.

All of you who stand for decency and morality should fight tooth and nail to get this sort of trash out of theatres, because it is the manifestation of a deep seeded liberal agenda in the form of harmless entertainment. Think of our children!

Return to Top
#274346 - 11/12/04 09:26 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

This weekend "Seed of Chucky" will open, that depicts not only the marriage between a human being and a toy doll (Chucky), but the unholy child of aforementioned union.

As if that isn't BAD ENOUGH, Chucky is a is the product of a satanic ritual which interred a serial killer's soul inside of a what was a harmless doll.

All of you who stand for decency and morality should fight tooth and nail to get this sort of trash out of theatres, because it is the manifestation of a deep seeded liberal agenda in the form of harmless entertainment. Think of our children!

was this for real or just sarcasm?

Return to Top
#274347 - 11/12/04 09:26 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Happy, you forgot, we're forcing abortion on all pregnant women we see fit.

Actually it's allowing abortion of viable, innocent children who cannot protect themselves.

Return to Top
#274348 - 11/12/04 09:28 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
The makers of the movie should be asked kindly to do some sort of community service to children, posibly story telling hours or book reading. Maybe they could teach children to develop video games. They should be held and loved until they learn not to spend money on this hateful crap and they should be given time off for every child they influance in the future.

Oh wait, I'm not that kooky anon...I'm Dawnie...and there is actually a Dawnie Doll...maybe I can be in the next sequal (I agree Mark, but then I've thought all of those types of movies were nothing more than gradification of violence for the fun of it).

Return to Top
#274349 - 11/12/04 09:29 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Quote:

That hits me funny. Remember the old Garfield dolls you would see stuck to a car window looking out? I used to have a "Chucky" doll that did the same thing. The reactions were great.

Don't forget I think this is a second marriage for Chucky too.

Return to Top
#274350 - 11/12/04 09:31 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Happy, you forgot, we're forcing abortion on all pregnant women we see fit

Dawnie, it is Friday and LSU plays at home, so they try to keep the meetings shorter. I'm sure that will be covered next week when LSU in on the raod.

Return to Top
#274351 - 11/12/04 09:41 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Quote:

I agree Mark, but then I've thought all of those types of movies were nothing more than gradification of violence for the fun of it.

*shrug* Beowulf was the first real "slasher" story. Don't believe me? Read it. Notice how all of the bad behavior is punished in in the story. I always like to point out the whole Grendel / Grendel's Mother and Jason Voorhees / Mrs. Voorhees comparison.

I think it's interesting how "un-christian" behavior is usually punished in these films. I think there is a lot of exploration in terms of morality and how it is viewed as a construct; however, the content is not as interesting.

Return to Top
#274352 - 11/12/04 09:46 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:

Dan I did not mean to offend you.

Apology accepted. I thought your comment was directed toward a response to my post.

My following comments are not meant to "bash" anyone, other than the ACLU. We each have our opinions whether it be political, religious, or whatever. I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend your right to have that opinion as I would hope you would defend my right to have mine.

Now, with that said, I do believe that the ACLU has caused more perceivable harm than they have good. Maybe the reason some of those people did not interfere is the fact that if the "criminals" were harmed in anyway, the ACLU would be one of the first groups yelling for the criminals civil rights and filing injury law suits against the people that attempted to help the victim. This may or may not be true, but is something to consider.

OK, that's about as much political debate you'll get out of me.

Return to Top
#274353 - 11/12/04 09:46 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I don't think the witnesses in the parking lot were standing there thinking, "Hey, I'm a liberal and can't step in or call for help". People are afraid to help because they fear retaliation from the perpetrator. Whether the retaliation is immediate or later on. Who wants a gun pulled on them for trying to help an innocent victim?

Return to Top
#274354 - 11/12/04 09:51 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you hit the nail on the head - definition of morality. I am not sure what all sources are used by liberals, but I think and like to hope most conservatives use a strict interpretation of the Biblefor their definition. Herein lies the problem. Some people (nonconservative christians and nonchristians) think the Bible is erroneous or fictional. The conservative base that provided the extra votes W needed I think is the Christian conservatives that hold to a strict interpretation of the Bible. This is why the polls did not work. The questions were not asked correctly. For Christian conservatives morality as defined in the Bible trumps everything else whether it be economy, states rights, war in Iraq, education, health care, and I am sure there are some I am forgetting.

My point is, as a Christian I believe I have to answer to God about my behavior after this life. Therefore, moral issues surpass my need to succeed financially, in school, have ample health care, etc.

Return to Top
#274355 - 11/12/04 09:55 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
I pulled up to a major intersection last week, traffic was backed up as usual. Suddenly I realized there were two men in a fist fight in the middle of the intersection. One guy's shirt was literally riped off of him. After hearing about the California incident, I am proud to say that several people were jumping out of the cars and running toward the men fighting. They didn't have to physically get involved- just their appearance apparently made the men stop, get in their cars and leave. It all happened so fast, but I had my cell phone in hand ready to dial 911... While I would have never gotten physcially involved in either incident, I would have definitely dialed 911. That was my first thought (actually it was my second- first thought was to lock my own car door!)

Return to Top
#274356 - 11/12/04 09:56 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Quote:

was this for real or just sarcasm?

Sarcasm. I'm pretty tired of people equating gay marriage to incestuous or beastial relationships, as I think it is just plain silly, but hey, whatever tickles their fancy I guess.

I am serious that people should not see this movie though. On account that it looks absolutely craptacular.
Last edited by Chi; 11/12/04 09:56 PM.

Return to Top
#274357 - 11/12/04 10:06 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

I don't think the witnesses in the parking lot were standing there thinking, "Hey, I'm a liberal and can't step in or call for help". People are afraid to help because they fear retaliation from the perpetrator. Whether the retaliation is immediate or later on. Who wants a gun pulled on them for trying to help an innocent victim?

That is a very good point, however, a person does not have to get physically involved to get involved. Call 911. The police in this case are taking anonymous information, so the people that witnessed the incident don't even have to give their names to provide information.

It has nothing to do with being a liberal or a conservative, it is about being human and caring about people.

Return to Top
#274358 - 11/12/04 11:15 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Sarcasm. I'm pretty tired of people equating gay marriage to incestuous or beastial relationships, as I think it is just plain silly, but hey, whatever tickles their fancy I guess.

Chi, mine was sarcasm as well. I'm about as far from liberal as they come, but felt that the slamming of anyone liberal for this was a bit too much for this conservative to bear. Besides, everyone knows that liberals wouldn't have a written agenda at a lunch meeting, they can't write!

Return to Top
#274359 - 11/12/04 11:30 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Do liberals spank? I'm thinking happy needs one

Return to Top
#274360 - 11/12/04 11:35 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
...by a princess with sparkly eyes???...

Return to Top
#274361 - 11/12/04 11:42 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Queen dangit!

Return to Top
#274362 - 11/12/04 11:46 PM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
I'm the Princess

Return to Top
#274363 - 11/13/04 01:47 AM Re: Kidnapping Witnesses
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

It was in a blue state - what else needs to be said. Remember everyone has the right to do whatever they want we cannot legislate morality.

Hi Paragon, nice to hear from you again.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2