Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#276756 - 11/18/04 06:57 PM Kiting Letter?
trout22 Offline
Gold Star
Does anyone have a letter they send to customers who they suspect of kiting that they would be willing to share? I've drafted a letter of my own, but it seems pretty harsh. I happened across a set of three letters that someone on here posted for Reg D 6 transfer limit violations - would a series of notices work better than one "warning" letter?

Any suggestions??

Return to Top
General Discussion
#276757 - 11/18/04 07:31 PM Re: Kiting Letter?
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
«FirstName» «LastName»
«Address1»
«City» «State» «PostalCode» «Date»

Dear «FirstName»,

We have noted unusual activity recently in your ________ National Bank deposit account #«Accountnumber». Specifically, we note frequent deposits and drawing of checks between accounts at two or more banks. This activity, if done for the purposes of benefiting from float it creates, is a prohibited activity. Be forewarned that we may, at our option and without warning, close your account if we believe such continued activity creates a risk of loss to us.

Examples of this type of unusual activity, some or all of which may have been observed in your account, include the following:

• Deposits drawn on other institutions by the same maker or signer.
• Large debits and credits of even dollar amounts.
• Regular or excessive drawings against uncollected funds.
• Several accounts with similar names owned or controlled by the same individuals.

We will closely monitor your account’s activity over the next few days and weeks. If you have any questions about this matter, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Hjhlhj Hjhkjhkj
Deposit Operations

Return to Top
#276758 - 11/18/04 08:52 PM Re: Kiting Letter?
trout22 Offline
Gold Star
Thank you very much! Similar to the letter I had drafted, so that helps put my mind at ease as well.

Return to Top