Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#279010 - 11/23/04 06:36 PM AHHHHH!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
AHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks, I just needed to scream! Why do Business development people think that the rules do not apply to them????

Anyone????

AHHHHHH!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#279011 - 11/23/04 06:45 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
I have that problem with Marketing

AAAHHHH

Return to Top
#279012 - 11/23/04 06:53 PM Re: AHHHHH!
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

AHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks, I just needed to scream!

Then why did you sigh?

Return to Top
#279013 - 11/23/04 06:55 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

AHHHHHHHHH!

Then why did you sigh?

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#279014 - 11/23/04 06:56 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

AHHHHHHHHH!

Then why did you sigh?

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

wasn't there a cartoon cat named eeek? does anyone remember this?

Return to Top
#279015 - 11/23/04 06:57 PM Re: AHHHHH!
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
I have the same problem with most of the staff. If I send out an email to ALL EMPLOYEES, requesting that they either take certain on-line training or sign something and return it to me, at least half of them, when I follow up with why they didn't, will say: "I didn't think you meant ME"!!! Now that makes me want to scream! AHHHHHH!!!

Return to Top
#279016 - 11/23/04 07:16 PM Re: AHHHHH!
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I have that problem with management, staff, marketing, and sales...it is so disheartening some times!

Return to Top
#279017 - 11/23/04 07:25 PM Re: AHHHHH!
PMH Offline
100 Club
Buffalo, NY
I have the same problem with management, staff (mine & others) and even sometimes - can you believe this - customers!

Return to Top
#279018 - 11/23/04 07:27 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Anonymous
Unregistered

here's one;
i had a customer close out his account because i asked for his id for a transaction. he refused to give it to me but had to give it to me anyway to close the account. so for the 2 seconds it took to show me his id, he would have been here alot faster but instead he was stubborn and was here for 20 minutes. the printer took some time printing out the papers to close the account.

Return to Top
#279019 - 11/23/04 07:38 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Blind,

I was in line at lunchtime buying the new Harry Potter DVD at Best Buy, and the guy in front of me had an HD TV, a DVD player, and a stack of DVDs and when the cashier asked to see his ID with his credit card, he reluctantly gave it to him, but then asked to see the manager because he was offended that when making a HUGE purchase, the cashier asked to see ID. I don't get it, how can they not realize this is for THEIR PROTECTION!

Return to Top
#279020 - 11/23/04 07:38 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
I totally understand. My problem is with calling officers selling a "service" we in operations CANNOT provide for some reason (usually something our systems cannot do).

Return to Top
#279021 - 11/23/04 07:41 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Blind,

I was in line at lunchtime buying the new Harry Potter DVD at Best Buy, and the guy in front of me had an HD TV, a DVD player, and a stack of DVDs and when the cashier asked to see his ID with his credit card, he reluctantly gave it to him, but then asked to see the manager because he was offended that when making a HUGE purchase, the cashier asked to see ID. I don't get it, how can they not realize this is for THEIR PROTECTION!

it drives me nuts!
i told the customer that it was for his protection, yada yada yada. i got the old, 'i've been banking here since you were born'. well, that is perfect reason to show me id since i just started here and never met you before.
i am glad that someone asks me for id.
he just didn't think that fraud could happen to him. he would be the first person in the bank screaming and cursing because fraud did happen to him.

Return to Top
#279022 - 11/23/04 07:49 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
I ALWAYS thank people for asking for ID. I hope that, the more thanks you's received, the more people will ask for ID. It is safer for everyone and not a majr hassle. Especially when you know it is coming and get your ID out early. Just like filling in the check while in line not when you hear the final amount, getting yor cash ready at the food vendor at a sporting event, etc.

Pet peave of mine. Sorry. )

Return to Top
#279023 - 11/23/04 07:59 PM Re: AHHHHH!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I always have my ID available to show. Store clerks seem so apologetic when they have to get it, I feel bad for them - obviously they get a lot of disgruntled people who DON'T want to show it.

Return to Top
#279024 - 11/23/04 08:07 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We had a teller once that ID'd a customer through the drive thru. The customer got upset and finally the teller said 'Sir, do you know me?'. The customer replied that he didn't and she said 'Well, I don't know you either.' It worked.

Return to Top
#279025 - 11/23/04 08:08 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

We had a teller once that ID'd a customer through the drive thru. The customer got upset and finally the teller said 'Sir, do you know me?'. The customer replied that he didn't and she said 'Well, I don't know you either.' It worked.

i tried that with my above mentioned customer but to no avail. this guy just did not want to show his id. he finally did when we closed his account.
what a waste of everyone's time.

Return to Top
#279026 - 11/23/04 08:14 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
I write "see ID" on the signature line of all my credit cards. I had a store refuse my card because it wasn't signed so I left my purchase at the cash register and walked out. The manager literally chased me into the parking lot begging me to come back - I told him I would never be back to his store or any other store in the chain - I have kept my word.

Return to Top
#279027 - 11/23/04 08:28 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
My credit card is flagged so that when someone uses it, it shows up as check ID. I have check ID written in the signature line with my signature. I RARELY have anyone check my id, and I always smile when they actually do... Can you tell I had a problem with a stolen credit card once, just once?

Return to Top
#279028 - 11/23/04 08:38 PM Re: AHHHHH!
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
As a teller, whenever a customer questioned my request for ID, I always replied with "I don't want to give your money to someone else." 99.44% of the time, the light went on and the ID came out.

Return to Top
#279029 - 11/23/04 08:38 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Wow good answer jac

Return to Top
#279030 - 11/23/04 09:05 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

Quote:

i tried that with my above mentioned customer but to no avail. this guy just did not want to show his id. he finally did when we closed his account.
what a waste of everyone's time.

Good riddance to a troublesome customer.

Return to Top
#279031 - 11/23/04 09:15 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
Quote:

I write "see ID" on the signature line of all my credit cards. I had a store refuse my card because it wasn't signed so I left my purchase at the cash register and walked out. The manager literally chased me into the parking lot begging me to come back - I told him I would never be back to his store or any other store in the chain - I have kept my word.

To my knowledge, as a former Merchant Services provider, this is against VISA regulations.

Return to Top
#279032 - 11/23/04 09:34 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
Quote:

I used to work in retail for years, and some people would have "see ID" written on the signature line on the back. They would always get mad and sigh when I asked to see their ID. I didn't get it - they're the ones who wrote it on the back!

Return to Top
#279033 - 11/23/04 11:08 PM Re: AHHHHH!
Peridot Offline
100 Club
Rural Minnesota
I used to write "ask for photo ID" on the back of my credit cards. But, that didn't really accomplish much, since most of the cashiers were only pretending to compare my signature to the credit card anyway, and never noticed what the card said. It was really laughable when they pretended to oh so carefully compare the my signature to the back of the card (hint: my name is not "ask for photo ID"). And, when I pointed it out to them that they had not actually compared my signature to the card, they would only get mad and then ask for photo ID. Since this never really accomplished much, I have discontinued this practice.

Return to Top
#279034 - 11/23/04 11:16 PM Re: AHHHHH!
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I think "Sunrider" is correct. In your credit card agreement it usually says that your card is not valid unless signed. The "Ask for photo ID" is a good idea in theory, but you clearly found out that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2