Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#281227 - 11/29/04 09:33 PM Anyone use Fedline??
Anonymous
Unregistered

If so, I have a question. Do any of your Fedline users have the application code **(all applications). It seems to me that this would mean this person has FT and LA authority (very bad I know). Am I correct to wonder then why would a user have **? Please help.

Return to Top
Audit
#281228 - 11/29/04 09:46 PM Re: Anyone use Fedline??
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
If you look at the Fedline printout you will see in each section a phone number to call for assistance. I would just call the help desk and ask them. When I have conducted audits or reviews and had questions, they have always been very professional and helpful.

Return to Top
#281229 - 11/29/04 10:45 PM Re: Anyone use Fedline??
Anonymous
Unregistered

** does NOT give the user LA authority.

As a general rule, it's OK to give ** authority, as long as you don't give the person MANAGER authority too. For almost all users, the only time they need MANAGER authority is for Start-up and Shut-down.

Return to Top
#281230 - 11/30/04 02:49 PM Re: Anyone use Fedline??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another question then....should a user with ** have supervisor and manager authority? I know FT should not, but doesnt ** give FT?

Return to Top
#281231 - 11/30/04 03:13 PM Re: Anyone use Fedline??
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, they should not have Supervisor and Manager authority with **. What we did, after our auditor (Wayne Barnett) explained the situation, was gave our folks ** with out those authorities. We then gave a couple Start-up/Shutdown (SS) authority with Manager authority. When I asked our OCC IS Examiner if this was correct, she agreed.

Return to Top
#281232 - 11/30/04 04:25 PM Re: Anyone use Fedline??
Anonymous
Unregistered

The OCC Fedline handbook gives you specifics of what you should/ shouldn't have. Also, the FFIEC Fedline handbook.

Return to Top
#281233 - 11/30/04 08:19 PM Re: Anyone use Fedline??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's the specific situation...tell me if it sounds okay or not:
USER: ABC has application codes FT and ** (this seems odd to me though as why would you need FT when you have **). Under the FT application ABC has NO supervisor or manager authority and under the ** AMC has access to all function categories. Is this a big no-no? Or I am thinking that somehow specifying the FT having no mangager authority automatically takes it away from the **. I hope this makes sense!

Return to Top
#281234 - 12/01/04 05:39 PM Re: Anyone use Fedline??
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you look at the user access report, if "FT" is below the "**", the FT will override the "**" for that application only. If the "FT" appears above the "**", then the "**" overrides the FT. (At least, that's the way I think it works. You can test this yourself, or call Fed.)

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z