Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#283073 - 12/02/04 06:19 PM Website Audit
IAuditCompliance Offline
Midwest
I have to perform a Website Audit prior to year end and have never audited this before. I was not able to locate any reference materials in the BIAM Audit Guide. Is there anyone that can direct me to a point of reference on what to review for in a Website Audit?

Return to Top
Audit
#283074 - 12/02/04 08:02 PM Re: Website Audit
THSCPA Offline
100 Club
New York
I used this checklist which is right here on bankersonline
http://www.bankersonline.com/compliance/webchecklist.html

It provides a good tool for assessing compliance on your websit.

Return to Top
#283075 - 12/03/04 09:07 PM Re: Website Audit
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I've used the compliance review form provided here http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/compliance/webpagecompreviewform.html.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#283076 - 12/04/04 01:23 AM Re: Website Audit
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
This is a Walleye Woman Woe (get it) as she has a link to an audit sheet but the period at the end is seen as part of the link. That gives you an oops page. http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/compliance/webpagecompreviewform.html

You can also buy the Website Audit webinar which has another set of audit workpapers, most common violations, etc.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#283077 - 12/06/04 05:07 PM Re: Website Audit
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Thanks for the correction, Andy!

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#283078 - 12/07/04 05:04 PM Re: Website Audit
mwhitaker Offline
Texas
I used the FFIEC's E-Banking Audit Procedures....here's the link....

FFIEC's Examination Procedures

Return to Top
#283079 - 12/08/04 09:08 PM Re: Website Audit
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/compliance/webpagecompreviewform.html

Just curious - regarding the above mentioned checklist - in section 18 (weblinking)of the checklist. Do you think it is calling for written contracts for all web linking arrangements or only those where services are provided or sold? Reading through the background and scope of the OCC bulletin reference in section 18 it seems that the focus on arrangement with vendors that provide services or products.

Our bank has a link to an investment office which is informational only. The link provides information about what the investment office offers. There is a link to contact the investment office on the linked site. There is a standard warning about the bank not endorsing the business etc. when the link is chosen. But, shouldn't the bank have a web linking agreement as described in the the OCC bulletin even though no products or services can be directly purchased through on the linked site?

--------------------

Return to Top
#283080 - 12/08/04 11:32 PM Re: Website Audit
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I would risk-weight these and when you have a revenue sharing agreement rate them higher. Most links you add on a discretionary basis and which you can delete without any issues probably are not big deals.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#283081 - 12/23/04 05:26 PM Re: Website Audit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone provide examples of what a weblinking agreement should cover?

Return to Top
#283082 - 12/24/04 12:32 AM Re: Website Audit
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Off the top of my head, a timeframe, content, remuneration, conditions and actions in case of default, notice of cancellation requirements.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z