Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#283086 - 12/02/04 06:38 PM Credit Score Disclosure - List CRA or Reseller?
Terry Offline
Gold Star
Terry
Midwest
If the bank obtains the credit report and score from a credit reporting agency who in turn obtained it from one of the big three (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion) who should we list on the credit score disclosure as the "entity that provided the credit score or credit file"? Should we list Equifax, for example, or the credit reporting agency who provided the Equifax report to us? Thanks.

Return to Top
#283087 - 12/02/04 09:18 PM Re: Credit Score Disclosure - List CRA or Reseller?
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
On our mortgage department tri-merge report, we report the big 3, not the reseller.

Return to Top
#283088 - 12/02/04 09:50 PM Re: Credit Score Disclosure - List CRA or Reseller?
Nikita, CRCM Offline
100 Club
Nikita, CRCM
Richmond, VA, USA
This is why I love BOL. This same question was posed to me earlier today. We decided to use the big 3 on the disclosure. Anyone doing anything different and why?

Return to Top
#283089 - 12/03/04 01:41 PM Re: Credit Score Disclosure - List CRA or Reseller?
Terry Offline
Gold Star
Terry
Midwest
I discussed it with our Mortgage Department and was told that if the consumer had questions or complaints about the information on the credit report that the reseller wouldn't be able to do anything about it. The consumer would have to contact one of the big three to get something corrected. So with that in mind, we'll list the big three as well.

Return to Top
#283090 - 12/03/04 02:56 PM Re: Credit Score Disclosure - List CRA or Reseller?
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
The scores are generated by the respective credit repositories, so the consumer must be directed to them. The credit reseller is merely a distribution channel.

Return to Top