Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#284369 - 12/03/04 06:00 PM online loan applications
ledfoot Offline
Georgia
Our bank has had internet banking for some time but have not given customers an option for applying or opening a new account or loan online. Management has decided to look into taking applications over the internet.
Could someone share with me what is required? How do you verify the an e-signature on an application? What about CIP?Could I get some pointers for getting started on something like this.CUrrently all our applications are signed prior to pulling credit etc. THis is new territory for me and I want to be in compliance with all regs and also protected from a security stand point?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#284370 - 12/03/04 06:12 PM Re: online loan applications
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
We have decided no way because of some of those very issues, and additionally you have to give many disclosures at the time of application depending on the loan types so you should tread very carefully. I don't have any advice for how to start, I only know how to make it stop.

Return to Top
#284371 - 12/06/04 04:53 PM Re: online loan applications
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
We allow for online lending; it is our main source of lending. There are certain disclosures that are necessary before you are allowed to pull an applicant's credit report. PM me and I will give you as much information as I have.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z