Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#288383 - 12/13/04 08:49 PM Family Health Issues
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Almost 2 weeks ago, we found out that my almost 80 year old mother is having problems with the arteries around her heart. Although it's not as bad as initially thought, she will need bypass surgery very soon. This brings with it a 10% chance of mortality and an even bigger chance of a stroke (she has calcium buildup on her aorta). This is scary stuff and she's called the cardiologist to schedule, although she's very nervous about this. Right now she's not supposed to drive and cannot ride her exercise bike (she was riding it for an hour a day about 5 days a week). Her risk of heart attack and stroke are high if she doesn't have the surgery.

To top it all off, her 84 year old sister was admitted to the hospital yesterday with pneumonia.

We're just hoping that everyone is well for the holidays.

Return to Top
#288384 - 12/13/04 08:57 PM Re: Family Health Issues
DeeQ Offline
10K Club
DeeQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Prayers coming your way, friend.

Return to Top
#288385 - 12/13/04 09:16 PM Re: Family Health Issues
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Skittles, prayers coming from a galaxy far, far away. I hope everything works out.

Return to Top
#288386 - 12/13/04 10:07 PM Re: Family Health Issues
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Prayers are coming your way, Skittles.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#288387 - 12/14/04 02:48 PM Re: Family Health Issues
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Prayers coming from Oklahoma too. My dad has heart problems and was in fact having serious chest pains last night. I know how scary it can be for all involved.

Return to Top
#288388 - 12/14/04 07:38 PM Re: Family Health Issues
Cathy P Offline
Gold Star
Cathy P
NE
That is fantastic that she is able to ride the bike that long and that often! She must be in pretty good shape! That will definitely help her get through this surgery. Prayers for all involved.

Return to Top
#288389 - 12/16/04 01:01 PM Re: Family Health Issues
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Her surgery is now scheduled for December 29th. Now I'm not sleeping well at night although mom is feeling better now that she has a definite date.

Angie - I hope your father is doing better.

Return to Top
#288390 - 12/16/04 03:30 PM Re: Family Health Issues
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Thanks, Skittles. Dad is feeling a little better. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Return to Top
#288391 - 12/16/04 05:34 PM Re: Family Health Issues
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I'll add my prayers to the list. It's hard when anyone is ill over the holidays, but really, really hard when it's family. With regards to your having trouble sleeping, I find if I can go thru a gratitude list in my head it puts me right to sleep, no matter what else is on my mind. With our family health issues right now, I'm really using it alot, hope it helps you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett