Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#288753 - 12/14/04 07:10 PM Do Not Call List For Cell Phones
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
I understand that now we are supposed to register our cell phones on a do not call list because our cell phone numbers will be open for telemarketing calls beginning January 1st. This doesn't sound right. We pay for our minutes and the telemarketers can eat up our minutes with telemarketing calls. We have until Dec 15th to get our numbers on the do not call list for the first round of numbers. Has anyone else heard about this?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#288754 - 12/14/04 07:14 PM Re: Do Not Call List For Cell Phones
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Not exactly. There is some misinformation circulating in this e-mail. Rather than go into all the details, you can read it for yourself at http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Return to Top
#288755 - 12/14/04 08:06 PM Re: Do Not Call List For Cell Phones
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
This story is moving fast-----
ABA had this to say
CELL PHONE TELEMARKETING ILLEGAL
Reports that telemarketers are compiling cell-phone number directories are nothing more than an urban myth being spread by e-mail, the Direct Marketing Association said Friday. Although there may be efforts to compile cell phone directories by phone companies, such directories may not be used for unsolicited telephone marketing calls, DMA officials said. They explained that the 1991 Telemarketing Consumer Protection Act makes it illegal for solicitation calls to be made to wireless phone numbers without clear permission from the individual to whom a number has been assigned.

Return to Top
#288756 - 12/14/04 08:14 PM Re: Do Not Call List For Cell Phones
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
This is great! Thanks guys!

Return to Top