Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#293214 - 12/27/04 05:42 PM Re: Worst gift ever
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I got a sweatshirt from my Grandma a few years ago with big puffy-painted bears with Santa hats all over it. It is the most hideous thing you have ever seen. Ever Christmas she asks me why I am not wearing it and, remarkably, every Christmas I come up with a new excuse for its absence. One of these days she will realize the truth...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#293215 - 12/27/04 05:47 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
My sister-in-law is the master of hideous gifts. The worst was an oversized white t-shirt/sleep shirt with an applique of a negligee. It was lacy, ugly and definitely something I would never wear. It was extremely difficult to smile and say thank you!

Return to Top
#293216 - 12/27/04 08:28 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
The worst gift ever would be nothing. Regardless of utility, i try to be grateful that i have people in my life who are willing to give me gifts.

Return to Top
#293217 - 12/27/04 08:33 PM Re: Worst gift ever
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
We did the "Chinese Auction" gift exchange one year at a former bank. These gifts were to be gag gifts. I ended up with a light bulb that didn't work! It was at least in a cute, plastic, Christmas cookie box that I did get a great deal of use out of.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#293218 - 12/27/04 08:48 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
I would have to agree with swimware, I've never received a gift I could consider "the worst gift ever" - unless it was intended to be such. lol - I have always been taught to be greatful that someone took the time to think of me and give me something(even if it didn't seem like they took the time)...they still had to think of me, wrap it and make the effort to wish you a merry xmas or whatever the occasion might be. Not trying to sound goody2shoes but that's how I was raised - to be thankful i was thought of at all. Cheers

Return to Top
#293219 - 12/27/04 08:54 PM Re: Worst gift ever
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
We have one relative that does not shop. She does not buy groceries, doesn't do Wal-Mart, Malls or any other stores. She does antiques though, well sorta. How many antique dining room chairs does one person need?

Anyhoo, one year she decided that everyone on her list was getting a sweatshirt. Sooooo, everyone from 9 yrs to 90 got a Large Navy sweatshirt. I mean really, they were all the same size and color!!!!!!

Return to Top
#293220 - 12/27/04 10:34 PM Re: Worst gift ever
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
The worst gift ever was the year my youngest son was in college and thought that we had agreed I would pay half of the cost for my present. All I wanted from him was a "Mother of a Ball State Student" sweatshirt and he said he didn't have enough money. I did agree to pay half but really thought it would be under the tree for me - that morning there was NOTHING under the tree from him!! So, my worst gift was no gift - until we took him back to school and I bought my own sweatshirt!!!

Return to Top
#293221 - 12/28/04 12:44 AM Re: Worst gift ever
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

My (now EX)husband gave me three pairs of earrings - baby blue, pink, and yellow PLASTIC dots. I saw them at the store later - they were 88 cents a pair.
And now for a chorus of "hey, big spender..."

I worked with a girl whose department head gave them all "lapel pins." Nothing fancy, but as each began comparing their "pin" they realized that there were two of each type around the department. They were actually ladies pierced earrings and the boss just split them up for gifts...isn't that SPECIAL?????

Return to Top
#293222 - 12/28/04 04:30 PM Re: Worst gift ever
PMH Offline
100 Club
Buffalo, NY
At some point, my mother-in-law decided to begin a new family tradition of giving everyone one pair of underwear in his/her stocking. No so bad, until she insisted on taking our picture with the underwear on our heads! Even worse, she makes a habit of picking out ugly pairs for me,when the other ladies get Victoria's Secret! And to rub salt in the wound, they are always too large for me & the tags have been removed. I'd rather have coal... Although my pregnant friends appreciate the undies!

Return to Top
#293223 - 12/28/04 05:07 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
My grandmother gave me a 2 1/2 foot high 18 inch wide plastic rooster clock that crows every hour for Christmas this year.

Return to Top
#293224 - 12/28/04 05:38 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Hey Beagles, if you don't want it, let me know. That sounds really cool to me, since I just recently started collecting clocks to remember my grandmother

Return to Top
#293225 - 12/28/04 05:40 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I would Michael, but my grandmother is not going to be with us much longer so I think I should keep it to remember her too. We will just put it in our play room so it won't wake me up!

Return to Top
#293226 - 12/28/04 05:41 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Beagles, find out where she got it... I really do want to get one It will be the first really odd clock I'll buy.

Return to Top
#293227 - 12/28/04 06:22 PM Re: Worst gift ever
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
My drunk sister in law (she had been in recovery a few times, but was back off the wagon for the holidays) drew my name for the family party. We were each allowed to spend $100 on a gift. I got a jar of home made carrot sticks. Watching everyone try not to say anything about it was funnier than the gift. And that was all I got for the $100 buck gift. I suppose a drunk might spend $100 on carrots...but I would bet you some booze came with the carrots at the store!

I took great pleasure in giving them as a gag gift for a white elephant exchange.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#293228 - 12/28/04 06:38 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
What are home made carrot sticks? Home grown?

Return to Top
#293229 - 12/28/04 08:01 PM Re: Worst gift ever
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
How funny! Dawnie, my hubby just pulled the last of the carrots from our garden today. For a sawbuck I'll see what I can get you.

Return to Top
#293230 - 12/28/04 08:06 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Love those Regs Offline
Gold Star
Southern State
A friend of mine who had just had a baby a few weeks earlier received a new set of scales as a Christmas gift from her mother-in-law. There is no way the mother-in-law could have meant anything nice about that gift!

Return to Top
#293231 - 12/28/04 08:55 PM Re: Worst gift ever
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Home made...well they were in a jar, floating in some sort of vinager, hence the "home made". I knew how much she loved me...so I didn't try the darned things

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#293232 - 12/28/04 09:12 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Compliance101 Offline
Gold Star
Compliance101
Tennessee
For our first Christmas as a married couple, my husband did not know what to get me. He asked my sister what I liked, she told him I liked Winnie the pooh. I was only 19, but hey I wasn't 5. He bought me a Winnie the pooh movie, Winnie the pooh socks and a Winnie the pooh onesie pajama set. I really blame my sister. I liked Winnie the pooh for a when we had a baby.

Return to Top
#293233 - 12/28/04 09:53 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Anonymous
Unregistered

My sister also gave me scented drawer liners one year. They sure did itch after awhile.

Return to Top
#293234 - 12/28/04 09:57 PM Re: Worst gift ever
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Michael P -
I have a call in to grandma to see where she got it. She will be tickled to find out that someone wants to know where to get one!

Return to Top
#293235 - 12/29/04 12:35 AM Re: Worst gift ever
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Here, Michael P, look what I found!
http://www.fun-clocks.com/item381985.ctlg

only $39!

Return to Top
#293236 - 12/29/04 03:13 AM Re: Worst gift ever
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If you want to send a great, yet terrible gift, try this for any fan of The Christmas Story.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#293237 - 12/29/04 05:18 AM Re: Worst gift ever
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I should get that for my daughter. I bought the movie on DVD so I would not be subjected to the entire Christmas marathon!

Good thing this is an ornament and not the full sized lamp!
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#293238 - 12/29/04 06:25 AM Re: Worst gift ever
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine had to be the Hall and Oates box set. (Not really, but it would be the worst if someone did give it to me.)

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3