Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#293999 - 12/28/04 04:19 PM FDIC logo on balloons?
Love those Regs Offline
Gold Star
Southern State
If we have balloons with the Bank's name on them to put up at various functions inside and outside of the bank, do we have to put the FDIC logo on them? Seems to me they fall into the category of items such as calendars that are specifically listed as being exempt.

Return to Top
Marketing
#294000 - 12/28/04 04:50 PM Re: FDIC logo on balloons?
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The calendars exclusion is in a sentence describing items on which it would be "impractical to include thereon the official advertising statement." I guess that might apply to wallet calendars, but not to larger (day at a time, month at a time) formats. One could even question whether it's impractical to print "Member FDIC" on a wallet calendar.

Whether it's "impractical" to print "Member FDIC" on a balloon while it's being imprinted with your bank's name is a judgment call. I think you should include it, just to ensure your decision, like a cheap balloon, doesn't blow up in your face.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#294001 - 12/28/04 07:24 PM Re: FDIC logo on balloons?
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Also, to be in full compliance, you may wish to include instructions on each balloon that the user should inflate until the official advertising statement is "of such size to be clearly legible."

Return to Top
#294002 - 12/28/04 07:31 PM Re: FDIC logo on balloons?
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Quote:

Also, to be in full compliance, you may wish to include instructions on each balloon that the user should inflate until the official advertising statement is "of such size to be clearly legible."

Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#294003 - 12/28/04 07:39 PM Re: FDIC logo on balloons?
Love those Regs Offline
Gold Star
Southern State
Quote:

I was wondering if we would be written up if the logo is only legible when the balloon was deflated? We may just put stickers on all the balloons without the logo and see what happens when they are blown up.

Return to Top
#294004 - 12/29/04 02:47 AM Re: FDIC logo on balloons?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Now I suppose you could tell an examiner that the FDIC is only seen when it is full of hot air, but that could be taken out of context.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#294005 - 12/30/04 06:32 PM Re: FDIC logo on balloons?
Anonymous
Unregistered

KarenSue - please read my tag line after you read my response, but if your balloons are just stating your bank name, I would bet you are plenty safe leaving off "member FDIC"

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker