Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#294605 - 01/19/05 05:08 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
CitationSquirrel Offline
New Poster
The funniest commercial that I have seen in a long time is the old e*trade commercial where they bring this guy into the emergency room and the doctors and nurses take a look at him and suddenly cry out, "Oh my! This man has money coming out the wazoo." Of course they take him to a private room and in the final scene, the doctor is working on the patient in the background and an administrator is going over some information with the patient's wife. The administrator asks if the patient has insurance. The doctor pipes up, "he doesn't need insurance ... he has money coming out the wazoo." I've never laughed so hard at a commercial in all my life.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#294606 - 01/19/05 05:24 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shave Ezra???!!!

Return to Top
#294607 - 01/20/05 04:11 AM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I like the one where the two little boys are watching a Toyota crash tester wreck cars. they are getting excited as they watch the cars crash and when they are out of cars they tell the old guy to wreck his own car. Ok, I don't describe it well but is cute.

Return to Top
#294608 - 01/20/05 03:34 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Launchpad Offline
There is a truck or SUV commercial running currently that is attempting to show how tough the vehicle is by simulating that it gets blown out of a volcano. The truck then lands on the ground and drives away. If you look at the fine print of the ad, it reads "Do Not Attempt". This isn't intended to be funny, but I find it hilarious. Okay - I will not attmept to blow my truck out of a volcano!

Return to Top
#294609 - 01/20/05 05:34 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

I kind of like the Ratchet and Clank commercials where the kids are trying the different weapons (several have been put out) with disasterous results.

Return to Top
#294610 - 01/20/05 07:46 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I like the cell phone commercial where the 3 guys are in a car, being dragged by a semi. None of them will call the 1-800-How's my Driving # because of the time of the day, and one guy says, "Not me, I'm roaming."

Return to Top
#294611 - 01/20/05 08:52 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I love the radio commercial with the woman saying "watching football with my husband and his friend isn't very interesting until I break out the Chi Chi's salsa".. Then the guys start saying she's gorgeous and her husband is lucky, etc.

Return to Top
#294612 - 01/20/05 09:01 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Not sure if this one was posted yet but there's one commercial where a guy goes to pick up this real cute girl for a date. He's walking her from her house to his car, opens the door for here closes it, and as he's walking around to his side of the car, she looks around really quick then lets out a big fart. Well he get's into the car smiles at her and says Hey, I'd like you to meet my sister (or brother). She turns around and he/she was sitting in the backseat the whole time hahahah.

Return to Top
#294613 - 01/27/05 06:28 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

The best one Ive seen in a long time is the Hewlett Packard commercials were they put the picture frame around their face and it makes a picture, its hard to explain but its one the coolest commercial ever.

Return to Top
#294614 - 01/27/05 06:29 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I'm fascinated by that commercial. It's very cool.

Return to Top
#294615 - 01/27/05 06:47 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That is some pretty cool technology, even my 9 year old was impressed and said "How cool is that, Mommy?"

Return to Top
#294616 - 01/27/05 07:41 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Yea, I love that commercial, except I end up humming the song for an hour!!!!

Return to Top
#294617 - 01/27/05 07:59 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Latitude 21 Offline
How about the beer commercial that explains that the reason why the referree can ignore the rantings of the coach on the sidelines is that he gets the same thing from his wife at home when he's on the couch watching TV.

Return to Top
#294618 - 01/27/05 10:04 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
I just saw that one last night and it's hysterical.

Return to Top
#294619 - 01/31/05 09:57 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

Outtakes are great as well. We were considering an ad agency for our institution and we saw two outakes that were great:

#1 A guy was in his den watching TV and he heard the mattress squeaking from his bedroom and his wife screaming "Yes, Yes". He ran upstairs and his wife was jumping on the bed with the telephone receiver in her hand, screaming because she had just been approved for a home equity loan.

#2 A famouns emcee was in a bank lobby do a testimonial about great customer service at this institution. In the background, you could see the bank being robbed.

Return to Top
#294620 - 02/07/06 02:21 AM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Anonymous
Unregistered

federal express commerical cavemen

Return to Top
#294621 - 02/07/06 01:21 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I always loved the Terry Tate, Office Linebacker commercial. Reebok came out with a series of Terry Tate clips that they had on their website for a while. They were hilarious. I could just picture hitting a commercial lender like that and yelling: "I TOL' YOU, YOU GOT TO GET A JOINT INTENT SIGNED!!! :Flexes muscles over lender: IF YOU KEEP LOANIN' YOU'RE GONNA BE GROANIN'!!! WOOOOOOO!!!" CBS revisited with him during their best SuperBowl commercials show Saturday night. His commercial was the runner up to the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial from 1980.

Return to Top
#294622 - 02/07/06 01:28 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Quote:

I always loved the Terry Tate, Office Linebacker commercial. Reebok came out with a series of Terry Tate clips that they had on their website for a while. They were hilarious. I could just picture hitting a commercial lender like that and yelling: "I TOL' YOU, YOU GOT TO GET A JOINT INTENT SIGNED!!! :Flexes muscles over lender: IF YOU KEEP LOANIN' YOU'RE GONNA BE GROANIN'!!! WOOOOOOO!!!" CBS revisited with him during their best SuperBowl commercials show Saturday night. His commercial was the runner up to the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial from 1980.

The terry tate commercial should have won that, I could see that 100 times and I'd still laugh at every hit

Return to Top
#294623 - 02/07/06 02:26 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

federal express commerical cavemen

I really didn't find that one all that good for all the hype it is getting. Can someone explain what was so funny about it?

Return to Top
#294624 - 02/07/06 02:32 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
the Ameriquest doctors & airplane

Return to Top
#294625 - 02/07/06 02:57 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

I like the Terry Tate, Office Linebacker one.

Has anyone caught the "Office Space" reference in the Terry Tate ad? He yells at one of the people he's clotheslined "You always put a cover sheet on the TPS reports!"

Return to Top
#294626 - 02/07/06 03:07 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I also like the Trunkmonkey series of commercials. Has anyone else seen these?

The first one in the series started with a driver getting hassled by another driver with a serious case of road rage, pulls over and starts yelling and threatening our hero. The trunk of the car pops open, and a monkey lumbers out carrying a jack handle...you can guess the rest.

Return to Top
#294627 - 02/07/06 03:12 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I loved the Ameriquest commercials. They were just as good as last year.

I was also tickled by the continuation of last year's I work with a bunch of monkeys commercial where the woman on the other end of the phone replied with yeah I work with a bunch of donkeys.

My favorite, however, was a toss up between the revolving fridge and the young horse pulling the cart with the unknown help of his parents and the man and the dog sitting on the porch saying if you don't tell, I won't...

Return to Top
#294628 - 02/07/06 03:14 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Quote:

Quote:

I like the Terry Tate, Office Linebacker one.

Has anyone caught the "Office Space" reference in the Terry Tate ad? He yells at one of the people he's clotheslined "You always put a cover sheet on the TPS reports!"

Ya, thats my favorite part of the commercial

Return to Top
#294629 - 02/07/06 03:16 PM Re: Funniest TV Commercials
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I also like the Trunkmonkey series of commercials. Has anyone else seen these?

The first one in the series started with a driver getting hassled by another driver with a serious case of road rage, pulls over and starts yelling and threatening our hero. The trunk of the car pops open, and a monkey lumbers out carrying a jack handle...you can guess the rest.

These are hilarious. I like the trunk monkey who attempts to bribe the cop. He gets hauled away.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5