Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#295053 - 12/29/04 06:44 PM Scheduled Training
Curious Banker Offline
100 Club
Midwest
I am trying to put together a training schedule for myself for the upcoming year. I definitely want to attend some type of specialized compliance training. Where should I look? What is recommended? I have never done this before and all suggestions are appreciated!

Return to Top
Audit
#295054 - 12/29/04 07:51 PM Re: Scheduled Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check with American Bankers Association(ABA), Cannon Financial, Fiduciary Investment and Risk Management Association (FIRMA), WI & MN CPA organizations occassionally offer a good course also, Local Internal Audit Associations, if in WI check WBA All have websites You might get a more specified response if you disignate cost/location constraints and what specific areas you are looking at

Return to Top
#295055 - 12/29/04 09:27 PM Re: Scheduled Training
AnnRoy Offline
Platinum Poster
AnnRoy
South
I assume you're an auditor. If you're responsible for compliance auditing, you definitely want to attend a compliance school (e.g., ABA Compliance School). If not responsible for compliance auditing, perhaps just training for the audits you're responsible for (e.g., Bank Secrecy). Check with your state's banking associations as well as the surrounding state banking associations.

Return to Top
#295056 - 12/29/04 09:39 PM Re: Scheduled Training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm also located in the Midwest. I'd suggest the CFT Compliance School in St. Louis (offered the first of November). I've heard good things about the (ABA?) compliance school in Indy as well, which should be in the spring, I want to say it was around the first of March last year. Also, PBS does several classes (1 day, 2 day) in the Midwest which cover specific compliance topics.

Return to Top
#295057 - 12/29/04 09:42 PM Re: Scheduled Training
trout22 Offline
Gold Star
Sorry, I forgot to log in. Here's my screen name and info - if you happen to be located around Southern IL, I would love to discuss conferences you've gotten a lot out of. I'm always willing to learn more!!

Return to Top
#295058 - 12/30/04 04:01 PM Re: Scheduled Training
Curious Banker Offline
100 Club
Midwest
Thank you!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z