BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
Thread Options
#295368 - 01/03/05 07:02 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
BeachGirl Offline
100 Club
Myrtle Beach, SC
Jim, my thoughts and prayers are with you for strength for you and your family and healing for your wife. I will also add you to my church's prayer list. God Bless!

Return to Top
#295369 - 01/03/05 07:02 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Jim, the Bedsole family is in our family's prayers. May Our Lord look down on you and your wife, and make 2005 a better year.

Return to Top
#295370 - 01/03/05 07:58 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Jim, you and your family are in my prayers. I'm praying for a full recovery, and peace and strength for you and your family.

Return to Top
#295371 - 01/03/05 08:16 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Jim,
Someone (during our own frequent hospital visits) gave me this, I hope it helps to bring you comfort.

Praying for You

You walk with me, loving Lord,
with your shoulder
beneath my cross.
I draw my strength from you.

— Prayer for Daybreak and Day's End (CatholicGreetings.org)

And also:

Help us today, God, to trust you
with our lives. Though we are
afraid and often worried about
what tomorrow will bring,
we know that you are with us.

— The Blessing Candles (CatholicGreetings.org)

Return to Top
#295372 - 01/03/05 09:38 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
Praying for comfort for you, Jim, and a healing miracle for your wife.

Return to Top
#295373 - 01/03/05 09:43 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
My prayers are added to all the others.

Return to Top
#295374 - 01/03/05 11:39 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
I just spoke with Jim and learned that Lynne's condition continues to improve slowly. She is still in the ICU, but is off the ventilator and is no longer under heavy sedation. Dialysis has provided some relief from the fluid buildup, but her kidneys are not functioning yet. Doctors tell them that there's still time for this to happen.

Jim, their kids, and Lynne's parents are all there with her...and one another. Jim has applied an exception hold to all business matters and his daughter can sit out the "January term" at college and be with her mom until early February. I assured him that a few hundred of his closest professional friends are all pulling for them, too.

GREAT NEWS! You can now send an e-card to Lynne and Jim via the hospital's web site. Go HERE to send them your best wishes directly!

Jim gets a full update from the doctors by 10 each morning and will relay what he learns. I agreed to call into his recorded message and share the report by mid-day with BOLers.

Prayers are appreciated and still very much in order.

Return to Top
#295375 - 01/03/05 11:41 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Thanks for the update - prayers are continuing their way.

Return to Top
#295376 - 01/04/05 12:58 AM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Thank you...that's the first bit of really encouraging news I have heard.

Return to Top
#295377 - 01/04/05 02:15 AM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I'm sending a card now, but thank you so much for keeping us in touch! Maybe our prayers are being answered We'll hope she keeps fighting, and his family can continue to help her fight. Hugs from all of us!!!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#295378 - 01/04/05 04:50 AM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
First, thank all of you for your wonderful support and prayers. Those of you that know me, know that I believe prayer absolutely changes things. It has meant a lot to me and my family to see this outpouring of compassion.

They say that life in the ICU waiting room can be an emotional and physical roller coaster. Tonight, it seems we might be on one of the drops again. It seems the CT scan Lynne had done today is not all that good. I don't know a lot of details yet, but may know more when I talk to the doctors in the morning. But one of the nurses told me her pancreas does not look good in the CT scan and the internist says there is a pocket of air in her gut that could be indicative of an infection building. Although I haven't talked to him yet, they did bring in a surgeon on consult today to have him familiar with her case based on these results. This is not good news. Lynne's condition is still very fragile. Surgery for her would be very risky at this point. Also her breathing continues to be difficult and tiring for her. Please pray that surgery will not be necessary to restore her pancreas to good health. Please also pray for her kidneys to restart functioning. Please also pray for her respiratory functions to improve.

Thank you all again for your support in this time. I'll continue to keep you updated through several channels, but do know that I am periodically reading this thread and your encouragements.

Return to Top
#295379 - 01/04/05 04:54 AM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Take care of yourself and your family, Jim and know we are all praying and pulling for you and Lynne.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#295380 - 01/04/05 06:53 AM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Jim, I don't have to say how much support you have from all over the country, but please remember that we're all holding you up so that you may concentrate on holding her up.

Return to Top
#295381 - 01/04/05 11:22 AM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Jim,
I will ask for God's grace in connection with all the things you mention. I will also thank him for someone who takes time to address the concerns of others when he is the one who is truly burdened. Hug your girls.

Return to Top
#295382 - 01/04/05 01:43 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
Jim, my heart goes out to you and your family. May God uplift you with His loving arms.

Return to Top
#295383 - 01/04/05 02:03 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Jim, my daughter and I pray for you, your wife and family every day. God is still in the miracle business. Prayer is powerful, "where 2 or more are gathered in my name....". May God reside in the midst of you and your family and may He strengthen you and guide you during this difficult time.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#295384 - 01/04/05 03:12 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Jim the thoughts and prayers of St Maria Goretti's Christ Renews His Parish Men's Team 9, along with the prayers of my family and me, are with you and Lynne during this difficult time.

Peace.

Paul Brinker

Return to Top
#295385 - 01/04/05 03:13 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
You are lucky to have not only God's guidance and assistance throughout this time, but also to have your family so close to hold you together. May God speed her recovery and your family's resolve to help each other through.

Return to Top
#295386 - 01/04/05 04:15 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Father God, I come before you today with a plea for a truely humble servant. Please Lord, hold Lynne in your arms today and always. You are the Master Healer Father. Just touch Lynne and heal her. Heal her Pancreas, her kidneys, her lungs, and her spirit. She is faithful Father. Jim is faithful Father, and we entrust them, along with their entire family to you. Please Lord. I ask not for me, but for them. Jesus taught us to say "Thy Will Be Done", and Father, I pray that your will is for Jim and Lynne and their children to be home soon, recuperating from this trial. And Lord, please give Jim your Peace. That wonderful feeling when you hold us in your arms. He is a good and faithful servant, and my heart is hurting for him. I ask these things in the wonderful name of your son Jesus. Thank you Father. Thank you. Amen

Return to Top
#295387 - 01/04/05 04:28 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
AMEN!

Return to Top
#295388 - 01/04/05 04:30 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Some Days You Just Can't Win Offline
Gold Star
Some Days You Just Can't Win
Mississippi River Valley
As I again read through this thread the tears began to weld up. As I continued to read they then ran down. The tears are not only for the heartache that Jim and his family are currently experiencing, but also because I was moved by the love and support that comes through in these messages from this BOL family.

I will continue to pray for you and your family Jim.

Return to Top
#295389 - 01/04/05 04:36 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Amen.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#295390 - 01/04/05 04:46 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
This morning's news about Lynne is not good. A family friend relayed the following information.

Her pancreas is enlarged and inflamed and her kidneys are still not functioning. They will probably need to put her back on dialysis.

Air pockets have formed around her bowels, indicating a lack of blood supply. Surgery is the only way to correct this problem, and they have determined that surgery in not in her best interest at this time.

A CT scan would help with her diagnosis, but they can't risk doing another one.

Hour-by-hour reports are being relayed and I will pass along what Jim's family provides.

Return to Top
#295391 - 01/04/05 04:52 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I am praying for her!

Return to Top
#295392 - 01/04/05 05:21 PM Re: Urgent Prayers for Jim Bedsole's Wife
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard, thanks so much for the update.

Keep hope alive, even when things sound dire. I'll never forget when my cousin's young daughter was suffering from a usually fatal form of cancer. There were many times when her tired and weakened body seemed like it couldn't possibly handle any more and we wondered whether it might be best for her to pass away and escape the pain. Each time, she managed to fight off the infections, the various complications, and now she is a healthy, happy 12 year-old. Miracles do happen. Keep those prayers coming.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett