Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#295984 - 12/30/04 02:29 AM Am I a Hermit?
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Just today I realized that I have not left the "compound" since Christmas Day. I am on vacation all week and have only made trips to take out the garbage, take some stuff to the garage, and check on the vacant rental property next door.

I have been playing games with the kids, watching movies, cooking meals, and straightening up the house. Kind of a nice change from the four Christmas parties in 2 weeks and last minute shopping trips!

I am getting somewhat concerned about the length of my hair and beard as well as my toenails and fingernails but I will deal with that on Sunday......oh wait the Steelers are playing........................

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#295985 - 12/30/04 03:37 AM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
According to Dictionary.com, a hermit is

"A spiced cookie made with molasses, raisins, and nuts."

I imagine that would be you.

Everyone needs to enjoy a little down time! Don't leave until you have to!

Return to Top
#295986 - 12/30/04 04:12 AM Re: Am I a Hermit?
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
That sounds like the ideal Christmas vacation to me!

Return to Top
#295987 - 12/30/04 04:32 AM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
But it is warming up here in PA so you may be tempted to slip outside and stay a while! But don't go far.

I hope next year I can take this week off. I get the OCC the first week of January every year. Not fair.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#295988 - 12/30/04 11:19 AM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Sounds pretty healthy to me. Note that, as you age, you may evolve from a hermit into a crumudgeon. I find that highly enjoyable.

Return to Top
#295989 - 12/30/04 12:58 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Thomasj, you sound like you are having my perfect vacation as well!

Return to Top
#295990 - 12/30/04 02:29 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
If your username was hermanj, I'd be concerned about your hermit status. Since you're thomasj, I'm doubtful.

Return to Top
#295991 - 12/30/04 02:56 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
How could you be a hermit. You have the world at your finger tips and you are here.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#295992 - 12/30/04 03:05 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Quote:

How could you be a hermit. You have the world at your finger tips and you are here.

I guess it is kind of hard to be a hermit with a broadband connection!

Return to Top
#295993 - 12/30/04 03:29 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I wish I were in your shoes. I would love to be a hermit right about now.

Return to Top
#295994 - 12/30/04 06:31 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Quote:

oh wait the Steelers are playing........................

You got my attention with the Steelers statement, according to my husband you need to watch a Steelers Game with other fans!!! A good reason to go outside if ever I heard one. My down time is very important to me but a Steeler game can cut into that anytime, especially this with "BEN" playing. Got my BIG BEN hat and family and friends to watch the game with, what could be better????

Return to Top
#295995 - 12/30/04 07:19 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

You got my attention with the Steelers statement, according to my husband you need to watch a Steelers Game with other fans!!! A good reason to go outside if ever I heard one. My down time is very important to me but a Steeler game can cut into that anytime, especially this with "BEN" playing. Got my BIG BEN hat and family and friends to watch the game with, what could be better????

Once again, I must state loudly and unequivocally that I HATE THE FACT THAT THE ENEMY DRAFTED MY MAN BEN! Go Bengals!

That being said, Big Ben better get the Steelers to the Super Bowl and win it this year!

Return to Top
#295996 - 12/30/04 07:30 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Once again, I must state loudly and unequivocally that I HATE THE FACT THAT THE ENEMY DRAFTED MY MAN BEN! Go Bengals!

That being said, Big Ben better get the Steelers to the Super Bowl and win it this year!

AMEN!!! I am originally from Greensburgh, Indiana, not too far up the road from Cinci but after nearly 35 years of marriage to a Steeler fanatic - - - well you know how it goes!!! Only problem with a superbowl for the Steelers is that my husband will want to go and $$$$$$$$!!!

Return to Top
#295997 - 12/30/04 07:33 PM Re: Am I a Hermit?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Just today I realized that I have not left the "compound" since Christmas Day. I am on vacation all week and have only made trips to take out the garbage, take some stuff to the garage, and check on the vacant rental property next door.

I have been playing games with the kids, watching movies, cooking meals, and straightening up the house. Kind of a nice change from the four Christmas parties in 2 weeks and last minute shopping trips!

I am getting somewhat concerned about the length of my hair and beard as well as my toenails and fingernails but I will deal with that on Sunday......oh wait the Steelers are playing........................

Hehe, we'll have to start calling you Howard Hughes....

Return to Top