Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#296826 - 01/01/05 01:28 AM Jokerman
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#296827 - 01/01/05 11:28 PM Re: Jokerman
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Why would a left-wing liberal, BOL moderator queen post a thread simply with a registered posters name as the subject with no message except a winking graemlin? Is she inviting hate speech, more of the same thing that took place via the democrates, like herself thoughout 2004, as a reminder:

Source here

[Copyrighted material deleted]

BOL, shame on you for allowing this moderator to continue working for BOL. It's shameful.

Jokerman - you are a BOL hero for putting up with this!

Last edited by mbguard; 01/02/05 04:55 PM.
Return to Top
#296828 - 01/02/05 02:54 AM Re: Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
wow, all that from just a wink

Return to Top
#296829 - 01/02/05 03:01 AM Re: Jokerman
Anonymous
Unregistered

BS...BS....blah...blah.....Go away! Go Away!

Return to Top
#296830 - 01/02/05 12:12 PM Re: Jokerman
Cowboys Fan Online
Power Poster
SC
Starting on that New Year's resolution a few hours early Dawnie?

Return to Top
#296831 - 01/02/05 04:09 PM Re: Jokerman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mr P.

At least a wink at Jokerman might have been an original thought. In order for it not to be considered plagiarism, I believe you are required to give credit to the actual author of your little diatribe.

I hope the rest of the BOL community no longer thinks that you actually have any original thoughts.

If anyone is interest in reading the author and the article from which your little rant was copied, you can find it here.

More liberal hate speech - by Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist - December 30, 2004

While I may not always agree with your political views, I am in full support of your right to them.

However, reverting to plagiarism to express your views shows a person with little capability for formulating their own thoughts and any respect that I may have had for your ability to articulate your political stance has evaporated.

There can be no more trust that anything you say is actually your own thoughts - they are just copied, like a parrot, incapable of true intellectual capacity.

Return to Top
#296832 - 01/02/05 04:29 PM Re: Jokerman
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to steal those thoughts.

However, since the article is copyrighted and no attribution was given, the post will undoubtedly be excised when one of the moderators sees it. There is a sticky post at the head of this forum asking users to respect copyrights. Please do so.

Return to Top
#296833 - 01/02/05 04:47 PM Re: Jokerman
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Mr P.
At least a wink at Jokerman might have been an original thought. In order for it not to be considered plagiarism, I believe you are required to give credit to the actual author of your little diatribe.

I hope the rest of the BOL community no longer thinks that you actually have any original thoughts.

If anyone is interest in reading the author and the article from which your little rant was copied, you can find it here.

More liberal hate speech - by Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist - December 30, 2004

While I may not always agree with your political views, I am in full support of your right to them.

However, reverting to plagiarism to express your views shows a person with little capability for formulating their own thoughts and any respect that I may have had for your ability to articulate your political stance has evaporated.

There can be no more trust that anything you say is actually your own thoughts - they are just copied, like a parrot, incapable of true intellectual capacity.

You are, sort of correct - actually, not any more. When you play with me, it's best to have all your ducks in a row.

Return to Top
#296834 - 01/02/05 04:57 PM Re: Jokerman
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon

However, since the article is copyrighted and no attribution was given, the post will undoubtedly be excised when one of the moderators sees it. There is a sticky post at the head of this forum asking users to respect copyrights. Please do so.

I hope this trip around the sun works out the same as Pegasus. But, in any case, please start the trip.

Return to Top
#296835 - 01/03/05 11:33 AM Re: Jokerman
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Ken

You always seem like a reasonable guy. I lived through 2004 and I recall most of those comments by "mainstream" liberals. Distance yourself from the comments if you will, but they were made. There may have been similar comments from the right, but they were likely made by radio commenters trying to gin up ratings. The comments in this article were not from such folks (unless I missed one). I have seen a disturbing trend among mainstream liberals to compare conservatives to Nazis or to label them as stupid.

Maybe you would not want to steal the thoughts in this article, but can you defend the authors of these quotes? Further, can you explain the lack of public outrage at these comments among the Hollywood liberal elite, the liberal media, and the liberal politicians?
Last edited by -Z-; 01/03/05 11:38 AM.

Return to Top
#296836 - 01/03/05 11:40 AM Re: Jokerman
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Z,
The operative word was "steal." Lots of people have them, but who would want to steal them?

Return to Top
#296837 - 01/03/05 02:41 PM Re: Jokerman
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Z,
The operative word was "steal." Lots of people have them, but who would want to steal them?

I guess you are right. I certainly would not want to steal ideas from Moveon.org, Cameron Diaz, or Al Gore.

Return to Top
#296838 - 01/03/05 02:43 PM Re: Jokerman
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Not even the Dixie Chicks? Good Texas girls all!

Return to Top
#296839 - 01/03/05 02:43 PM Re: Paragon
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Well, we all thought he was Para-gone, it appears he is simply Para-moron.

Return to Top
#296840 - 01/03/05 02:52 PM Re: Jokerman
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Not even the Dixie Chicks? Good Texas girls all!

Who?

Return to Top
#296841 - 01/03/05 03:13 PM Re: Jokerman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wah Ha Ha Ha Ha! The power of a wink! Wow you guys are uptight. Stop now before you all have heart attacks.

Return to Top
#296842 - 01/03/05 03:36 PM Re: Jokerman
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Z,

Ken – you are being, once again, intellectually dishonest on these threads. Actually, if I stole the quotes that are included, so did the writer of the article and that is nonsensical. Keep in mind that it was January 2 when this was posted, I was hung over – so I originally missed the link back – is that deserving of your diatribe against me? Was your post really necessary at all? Besides, one cannot actually steal a thought, one can only record thoughts expressed - you do know that, right? Less than 10% of the post are thoughts expressed by the writer - it's the record of thoughts expressed by your follow democrats that follows the purpose of these thread, but in any case a link back is required.

Return to Top
#296843 - 01/03/05 03:47 PM Re: Jokerman
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You know, I read the original post by Paragon before its deletion. While I can see that missing a link to source material that was copied could be an excusable event, I am really confused by the modifications that were made to the text to make it appear that it was aimed specifically at some BOL posters. While I have no problems with anyone expressing their views, in my opinion the "missing link" is a lame excuse for the plagiarism that actually occurred. You normally don't take copyrighted source documents and change the words to fit your needs and then sight the source. Maybe you should just be a man, admit what you did and take responsibility for your hungover error in judgement like a good republican.

Return to Top
#296844 - 01/03/05 04:03 PM Re: Jokerman
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
At the time Anon posted #297475, the subject post contained several verbatim paragraphs from the copyrighted article. It was not the entire article; the poster took the time to shorten it. There was absolutely no reference to the original, let alone a link. There was nothing to suggest that the poster was not the source of the thoughts or the words used to express them; it was simple plagiarism in addition to the copyright violation.

The link that appears there now was added after Anon's post. Some time later, Mary Beth deleted the copyrighted material leaving the words that preceded and those that followed it.

Return to Top
#296845 - 01/03/05 04:43 PM Re: Jokerman
Anonymous
Unregistered

PLEASE call me Ishmael. Oops, sorry. Is that wrong to say? I mean, the plagiarism that occurs on this site is all non-profit, so is it still a bad thing to quote someone without due credit? If that's the case, simply changing a word or two in a quote would stop it from being copyrighted, correct? Or am I totally wrong on this and we should all be VERY careful what we say? :}

Return to Top
#296846 - 01/03/05 06:41 PM Re: Jokerman
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is just more pile-on directed at Paragon. The lefty social worker CRA types can't stand the message. Virtually every poster on BOL uses search engines on a repeated basis, and there are hundreds of BOL posts with at least some sections taken from articles; ideas taken from Google-discovered information; and other data that is not the poster's original thought.

The so-called copyright concerns are only raised by the lefty crowd, in between sips of tea and whining. Nobody has ever raised a whisper about Dawnie's ridiculous allegations regarding Halliburton and her alleging connections between nearly everyone nominated by President Bush and Halliburton, nor has anyone raised a whisper when Dawnie has gone back and edited posts that she knew had been posted falsely, were fabricated, or were invented from thin air.

This is politics, and the anti-Paragon message resonates well with consumer compliance and CRA people, while those who understand the big banking picture aren't quick to view everything from the rose-colored social worker glasses.

Return to Top
#296847 - 01/03/05 06:48 PM Re: Jokerman
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

This is politics, and the anti-Paragon message resonates well with consumer compliance and CRA people, while those who understand the big banking picture aren't quick to view everything from the rose-colored social worker glasses.

Actually, This was a New Years Resolution, a jest, just in fun. Jokerman knows what it is. Sheesh you guys, LOOSEN UP!!!

Return to Top
#296848 - 01/03/05 07:07 PM Re: Jokerman
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
At the time Anon posted #297475, the subject post contained several verbatim paragraphs from the copyrighted article. It was not the entire article; the poster took the time to shorten it. There was absolutely no reference to the original, let alone a link. There was nothing to suggest that the poster was not the source of the thoughts or the words used to express them; it was simple plagiarism in addition to the copyright violation.

The link that appears there now was added after Anon's post. Some time later, Mary Beth deleted the copyrighted material leaving the words that preceded and those that followed it.

OK - that's all logical, but why did you find it necessary to post, using that scolding tone that is so prevalent with you BOL clique members? Why not simply report the post to a moderator.

Return to Top
#296849 - 01/03/05 07:26 PM Re: Jokerman
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Quote:

Actually, This was a New Years Resolution, a jest, just in fun. Jokerman knows what it is. Sheesh you guys, LOOSEN UP!!!

As you do so much - actually endlessly - on these threads, e.g. remind people of the ways to use BOL, private mail is the way to go - for a moderator to post a thread relating to a registered poster as the subject that has no text is way out there and, therefore, subject to all kinds of interpretations. Besides, someone posted a resolution thread. You required your own for some reason.

Would it not be best to post threads based on the reasons that the cooler was created - fun for other posters, insight for other posters, food for thought for other posters - don't be so very self serving in 2005 - that should be your resolution.

I wonder if BOL has pink slips covering BOL moderators?

Return to Top
#296850 - 01/03/05 07:33 PM Re: Jokerman
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2