Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
Thread Options
#297506 - 01/04/05 07:04 PM Prayer List
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I've been trying to compile a prayer list of our BOL friends and family who need prayer. Please let me know if I've missed anyone. Thanks!

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne very ill showing signs of improvement after surgery and is off the ventilator specifically pray that her kidneys will begin to function again kidneys have some function Lynne had a seizure last night, seizures were caused by 1 or more strokes at the back of her brain Lynne had what is called a "watershed stroke." The event apparently occurred two weeks ago when her BP was very low. They know there has been some damage, but at this point it doesn't look like it should present any long-term deficit. Otherwise, she appears to be holding her own. Her heart is fine and kidney functions may be slightly better (but far from normal.)
Lynne's showing progress on all fronts:
- her thinking & communication is clearest since she was admitted to the hospital
- her surgery continues to heal nicely
- her lungs look good & breathing is OK
- her kidneys are starting to function more
Her doctors have halted the dialysis in hopes that her kidneys will take over and they have ordered physical therapy - beginning with sitting up on the side of the bed.

1-19-05 update Today's report is not very good. Jim describes this ordeal as a roller coaster ride of good days and not-so-good days. Although Lynne's doctors see slight improvement in her kidney functions, she's still in ICU and "remains very ill." The doctors are concerned that she's not making the kind of progress they expected at this point. Her white count is up and they don't know why. She'll have more tests and scans to look for evidence of various types of infections.
1-24-05 update - She's making good progress on all fronts:
- kidneys working well & dialysis no longer needed
- surgery healing
- confusion cleared up & neurologist is encouraged that she will recover fully from the stroke.She's eaten real food since Friday night and they hope to remove the feeding tube today. On Monday Jim expects she will move from ICU to the hospital's long term care unit.
1-26-05 update - Jim reports further setbacks this morning. Lynne's temperature has spiked as high as 103.5 and her white count is way up. Heartbeat, respiration, and potassium levels are also way up. Doctors have determined that she has a blood clot in her left leg and possibly elsewhere. She's scheduled for a CT scan & doppler today in order to determine the extent of the clot(s). She has not been conscious since Tuesday evening. 1-28-05 update -Late this morning, Jim's update is generally good--with one major exception. Lynne's doctors are very concerned about the large blood clot in her left leg and will put a filter in the vein that leads back to her heart, lungs, and brain. This surgical procedure has risks (Jim asks for our prayers), but the risk is greater that part of the clot will break loose and block a vital organ. 1-31-05 updateLynne is doing pretty good this weekend. They are talking about moving her out of ICU tomorrow (Monday). It has sure been a roller coaster ride, and I guess it is not over yet. She still has a lot of recovery and rehab work to get through. Please keep her in your prayers.

I can't tell you what it has meant to have all this prayer support and response from all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Jim
2-3-05 update - Lynne has now been in a regular room since yesterday morning. She is doing pretty good. Her thought processes and communication are doing great now. She is still in some pain, but that is understandable given the pancreatitis and the surgery. Physical therapy is starting to work with her on getting her sitting up and standing. We've begun the long journey back.

I will never be able to express adequately how much your prayers and support have meant to my family and me. It has been an overwhelming experience to see this community pull together in this way. I love you all and am looking forward to seeing each one of you in person at some point in the future and having the opportunity to personally thank you.

Jim
2-7-05 update - After many days of progress, Lynne has experienced another setback. A CT Scan today showed two abscesses- one on her pancreas and one on her abdomen wall. She has had very bad stomach cramps and nausea most of the day and her fever has been as high as 103.8. They do not think surgery is a good alternative to repair the abscesses at this time, but have moved her back to ICU. 2-8-05 update -Jim's message at 9:15 Tuesday morning indicates that Lynne is a little better this morning. Her white count is down, her fever is down some, so they think the infection may be subsiding.

Jim spoke to the intervention radiologist (who knew there was such a thing) said there is not enough coalescence in the abscesses to intervene right now. They will do another CT scan the end of the week.

They plan to take the NG tube back out today, and if things go as smoothly as planned she will move out of ICU tomorrow.

Jim said he hopes maybe this is just smaller step back instead of a major setback.
2-11-05 update -Just a quick update - Lynne has been doing pretty good yesterday and today and they have now moved her back out of ICU! Here's praying that she doesn't have to go back there again.

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Awaiting date for surgery. The surgery is now Wednesday Feb. 9.
1-24-05 Miss Natalie is again a very sick little girl.
We are on our way to Children's Memorial right now. I'm signing off after I type this to drive there. Her tummy is huge (fluid collecting around the organs due to end stage liver disease) and they are going to try to tap it tomorrow.
1-27-05 Well, the "tapping" showed that the ascites fluid is not infected. So the plan is to treat this like it is cholangitis (that will make it #3 for her). She is getting a PICC line right now. Then they want to send us home on IV anti-biotics until the transplant.After 2 full days, already her fevers are gone. Her belly is a bit smaller, but I think that they will send us home on a diuretic.Her mood has improved (even though she's been NPO (orders to have no food or drink) for 18 hours)! She continues to be my little German-Irish spit-fire. She has gotten blood drawn 4 or 5 times now since we've been in-patient, and I've said it 100 times, I have no idea where she gets her temper from! 1-31-05 update Well, today is my last day at work until after the surgery. We are home from our latest hospital stay. The bear is strong and feeling good. She's on IV meds, a diuretic, and blood pressure medication. The doctors would like us to keep the bear home from daycare. Thanks again, for all your prayers and encouraging words! Our priest came over yesterday and blessed us both. That has helped to bring me some comfort...it's out of my hands now and into God's. from their website - Here's the transplant schedule:
Feb. 8:
11am - Becca - post-op exam (Northwestern)
2pm - Admit Natalie (Children's)

Feb. 9:
6am - Becca report to Northwestern
7am - Becca wheeled in to surgery
approx. 11am - Natalie's surgery to start at Children's

2-8-05 - Natalie will be admitted today at Children's Memorial. Tomorrow's schedule looks like this:

6am - Mom reports to Northwestern
7am - Mom wheeled in to surgery
approx. 11am - Natalie's surgery to start at Children's
Mom's surgery is expected to be around 6 hours and Natalie's will be 12+. Following surgeries mom will be discharged probably by Friday from Northwestern. Natalie will (most likely) be in-patient for a month.

2-9-05 today is the BIG Day. 2-11-05 - Both surgeries went quite well. Becca is recovering fine at Northwestern. She is on a pump for pain management and is quite, understandably, sore, but in great spirits. There was talk about releasing her tonight, but she's hoping its tomorrow so she gets a bit more time for rest and recovery.

The surgeons were not able to close up Natalie's incision completely so tomorrow she will be taken back to surgery for that. It is not uncommon for kids who've just received liver transplants to need to be left "open" a bit to give time for the body to adjust to the size of the new liver and to let the swelling go down. They are keeping Natalie in a "paralyzed" state so that she doesn't move until she's completely closed up. She is on a respirator, but doing quite a bit of the breathing on her own.
2-12-05 update Natalie went back to surgery this morning due to her hepatic artery being blocked. Her liver numbers began rising, causing the need to operate to find the source of the problem. The doctors feel that the artery became blocked due to pressure from her being closed up yesterday. There is now flow through the hepatic artery, but the surgeon had to leave her "open" meaning not even her skin is stitched together. Her incision is covered with gauze. She will be left this way for 2-3 days. Natalie has been relisted for a transplant, but not as Status 1 (the highest lising status possible). There is no plan right now to re-transplant her, but because of the blockage, there has been some damage to the liver. How much, they don't know yet. 2-13-05 update - Natalie had an ultrasound today that showed positive results, there is blood flow (good flow actually) in the hepatic artery. She is still heavily sedated, since she is still "open." Please keep praying.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma begins treatment today 1-18-05 She had her first chemo on Monday. She was a bit achy and sore and was heading in again Wednesday for support treatment. She's working when she feels she can and checks her emails and BOL then. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. 1-26-05 update - I am in treatment. On Wednesday I will get results to another biopsy that I had on Monday....At times under the weather....but my faith is strong, my husband is wonderful and I have good friends.....
1-31-05 update - So that you can update the prayer list.....

My biopsy was negative.. Treatment is ongoing. The first week was quite rough but after that it appears that I as good as before I was diagnosed. The second treatment is on the 7th and hopefully, it will follow the same pattern....I think I can "hang" pretty good with that.....

1-4-05 Skunk Boy's father - accident Was recovering nicely from surgery, but now he started seeing flashes of light in his eye, and the doctor said that the retina was trying to detach.

1-4-05 David Dickenson - thyroid illness I'm currently on 2 medications to keep my system in balance. They are working wonderfully. On Feb 2nd I take another radio-active pill to try and kill my thyroid again. It will then be 6-8 weeks before I know if it was successful. I would like to remain on your prayer list. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers.

1-5-05 Little Sister's niece - cancer returned
1-5-05 Fraud pup's friend's son, Zakery - almost drowned, still recovering
1-5-05 Skittles' Mom - triple bypass and valve replacement surgery recovering at home now Thanks so much for remembering my mother on the list. It's been just over a month since her surgery. She's recovering, but very slowly. She's still not eating and has lost 10 pounds, so her strength is coming back very slowly. She'll be 80 in 3 weeks, but is still a tough old bird. The visiting nurse thinks her slowness is possibly due to the fact that they had to go back in the next day due to her internal bleeding.
1-5-05 obx nut's Mom - stroke, unable to walk, in nursing home
1-5-05 Deena's Mom and Family - Mom battling lung cancer, family grieving over loss of Dad last October 2-14-05 update - I'd like to ask for your continued prayers for my mother and for our family. She is in the final stages of her illness now and probably doesn't have much time left - maybe a month or two. I met with a nurse from the hospice program last Friday and I believe they will be a great support for us. Please pray that my mother will continue to be comfortable and that, when her time comes, she will pass peacefully and painlessly into a wonderful place where she will no longer be sick. Thank you so much. Your prayers mean more than I can say.

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week.
1-7-05 Bear Collector's Dad - Hospitalized with Heart Attack
1-11-05 SuzyQ's Husband - cystic fibrosis, pray for healthy days
1-11-05 LadyLuck's 2 year old son - very sick with flu-like viral illness for past 2 1/2 weeks
1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child Just wanted to give you an update, my dr finally called this morning and said my University consultation was approved. She is calling me back on Monday to notify me of which University. It will either be Standford or Davis. They said with cancer patients they usually can get in 2-3 weeks, all other appts usually take a month or longer. Because of the pain I'm experiencing and other symptoms she said she'd tried to get me in with the next couple of weeks. So please pray for my strength to accept whatever decision they make. Thanks!
2-11-05 update - You are in my prayers GB - on my side of things, they approved Davis. The waiting game continues though, now I have to wait for a nurse at Davis to contact my Dr to finalize an appt date. In the meantime I've been traveling back and forth to Fl/CA on business so it's been wearing on me. Thank you for your continued prayers
1-12-05 someone else's co-worker - injured in Thailand - lost family members in Tsunami
1-12-05 Melissa Ann's Husband - possible skin cancer

1-13-05 Corkygirl's father in law - in hospital with lung cancer and other illnesses. They moved my father-in-law to a nursing home yesterday. I don't think he will ever get back to his own apartment, I just hope my mother-in-law and sister-in-law don't try to keep him alive at all costs. We are too far away to have much say in it and that is hard on my husband. Thanks for your prayers
2-3-05 update - An update on my father-in-law, he will be released in the next few days to go back to his apartment. Not sure that's the best choice but he is better, able to go up a couple flights of stairs and will get home health care. There is nothing that can be done for any of the lung diseases or heart disease so no one knows how long he has but he is better and we are glad for that. Thanks for the prayers.
1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy.
1-21-05 Pizzaz's niece Channing - I'd like to add my niece to the prayer list. She's 2 and is being tested for autism. We're hoping she's just a slow developer with her social interaction and lack of speech. They're also going to test her hearing. So, please pray for little Channing. Thanks. 2-8-05 update - Update-my niece went for her hearing test and it's fine, she passed. So, now we undergo more therapy, early intervention to find out if she's just behind compared to others her age or whether she may have autism.Thanks for your continued prayers.
1-25-05 Skunk Boy's Sister - I think I need to also ask for prayers for my sister (the one I live with). She has had a very rough couple of months.
1-31-05 - Little Sister's Friend -A good friend of our family developed a virus and it settled around his heart. The sack around his heart has been filling up with fluid. They transported him to Rochester this weekend and yesterday they drew off 2 liters of fluid in the morning and more in the afternoon. This gave him instant relief but today we just found out that there was blood in the second fluid draw and have discovered that he has a hole in his aorta. He's being prepped right now for an 8 hour surgery and is considered very high risk. Please keep him in your prayers!!! Thanks! 2-2-05 update - Update on our friend...his surgery was successful. They also discovered an anurism on his aorta that they were able to repair. He'll be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days and then will be off work for 4 months. Thanks for your prayers and please keep remembering him as he has a long road of recovery.
2-4-06 MAJ's co-worker's brother is missing.
2-9-05 Starfish's daughter - Please keep my 7 month old daughter in your prayers- she was hospitalized last week for a respiratory virus/dehydration. She is on the road to recovery but it's been a very scary experience for all of us. It's been especially difficult to return to work as I have HMDA/CRA to prepare and submit but really don't want to be away from her. 2-14-05 update - She is continuing to get better and regain her appetite...thanks to everyone for their prayers!
2-9-05 JLJ's sister and nephew - My sister called this morning and my 2 1/2 year old nephew was hospitalized last night for viral pneumonia. She has an 8 month old at home. They're hoping he'll be released today. She's not holding up as well as she normally would, she had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. If he's not released this afternoon, I'm off on a three hour drive to try and help out as best I can.
2-11-05 Desparate Wife - husband with drinking problem
2-11-05 Corkygirl's son - My oldest son is bipolar with paranoia and a recovering alcoholic and we have had a very, very scary week. His wife is out of town for 10 days and he fell apart Sunday night, missing 2 1/2 days of work and really struggling to get out of it. He did make many positive moves this week to take charge of his condition, he did not drink this time (YEA!!!), called his previous Dr and went back to that Dr. who made a change in his medicine. Those two things all by themselves are an improvement for him and we are grateful for that. I have asked for prayers from many of my friends and co-workers who know the situation and I know that those prayers were spoken and helped. He is back to work, on his way back out of this episode but I also know that this is not the end of these episodes for him. Since I know the power of prayer, I am asking for more please. It's baby steps but at-least it's steps forward instead of backwards and I don't want to lose him.
2-11-05 Great Blue - having Lasik Surgery 2-14-05 update - My surgery went great! Thanks for your prayers.

Communal Requests:
All those grieving over the loss of a loved one.
All of those suffering from a chronic illness.
All of our military troops wherever they are serving our country.
All those affected by the 12-26-04 tsunami disaster.
All those who live with violence and poverty, without hope.
All those affected by the California flooding, the families of those who died and those who are still missing, and the ones who have lost everything.

Let us know when our prayers are answered so we can remove them from our list. Prayer requests will be removed each Monday as warranted. If you post to this thread, I will update the list periodically.
Last edited by waldensouth; 02/14/05 09:39 PM.
Return to Top
#297507 - 01/04/05 07:21 PM Re: Prayer List
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
DevilGirl's fiance's Mom, pancreatic cancer, in hospice.

Return to Top
#297508 - 01/04/05 07:29 PM Re: Prayer List
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Go 4 It - Grandchild being tested for CF

Return to Top
#297509 - 01/04/05 10:44 PM Re: Prayer List
Little Sister Offline
100 Club
Iowa
I have another one to add...my 30 year old niece and mother of 3 just found out her cancer is back. She had a double mascetomy three years ago and the cancer is now wrapped around her right bronchial tube.

Return to Top
#297510 - 01/04/05 10:45 PM Re: Prayer List
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Thank you for doing this. I've been thinking about it for the last day or so but hadn't gotten a chance.

Maybe we could update it every week or two and, hopefully, rejoice for those whose prayers have been answered.

Return to Top
#297511 - 01/05/05 05:56 AM Re: Prayer List
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Waldensouth. It's been many more months, but this past summer I had a friend, a branch manager, whose son almost drowned. His future is still in question as his body is growing, but he is mostly inattentive. Please add little Zakery to your list.

Return to Top
#297512 - 01/05/05 12:10 PM Re: Prayer List
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My mother had heart surgery last week - a triple bypass and a valve replacement. She'll be 80 next month and is certainly a tough old bird. Unfortunately, the day after surgery, they had to go back in because she was leaking. Hopefully, she'll get to come home today and looked and talked almost like her old self yesterday. There will be a 3 month recovery period but her doctor said everything looks rock solid and she's doing great!

LMP - I was thinking of you while I was spending my days at the hospital. I don't know how you do it, but I know everything is going to be all right for you and Natalie.

Return to Top
#297513 - 01/05/05 02:16 PM Re: Prayer List
obx nut Offline
Gold Star
obx nut
Midwest
Could you please add my Mom to the prayer list? She suffered a stroke last month, is unable to walk and is now in a nursing home.

Return to Top
#297514 - 01/05/05 04:21 PM Re: Prayer List
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
I would appreciate your adding my mother (and our family) to the prayer list also. She has been battling lung cancer for nearly three years. She has been in a nursing home for the past six months. She can no longer walk, has lost most of her mental abilities, and is deteriorating almost daily now. In addition, my father died from lung cancer last October, so our family is still grieving. Your prayers will be appreciated.

Return to Top
#297515 - 01/05/05 06:12 PM Re: Prayer List
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Deena, in your situation, are you wanting her to live longer or go peacefully into Christ's loving arms? For now, I will pray for strength for you to overcome your grief.

Return to Top
#297516 - 01/05/05 06:29 PM Re: Prayer List
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
That's a tough one, Michael. I still pray that she'll recover - knowing full well that it will take a miracle, but also knowing that miracles are possible. When she gets really sick, as she does from time to time, I pray for God to take her painlessly and peacefully. But, she keeps fighting back and He apparently isn't ready for her yet. So... I pray that she continues to be comfortable and that I will have the strength to let her go when it's time.

Thank you very much for your prayers.

Return to Top
#297517 - 01/05/05 07:45 PM Re: Prayer List
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Deena, after watching my grandmother fade away over the last two years, and finally leave us, I know where you are at. It's hard, and the best you can hope for is that she doesn't suffer. God bless you and your family.

Return to Top
#297518 - 01/05/05 07:47 PM Re: Prayer List
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
I think this a great idea, it will allow us to keep things in mind and share with other prayer groups.

Return to Top
#297519 - 01/06/05 04:50 PM Re: Prayer List
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
One of our employees found out she had cancer this summer. She finally got back to work full-time in November just to fall this week and break her hip. She had partial hip replacement a couple of days ago. Please keep her in your prayers as she is facing a rough battle ahead.

Return to Top
#297520 - 01/06/05 10:33 PM Re: Prayer List
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
One of my tellers' husband has been battling cancer for about a year and a half. He had been doing pretty well, but this morning they found out he has another tumor and he told us he will not be with us much longer. He is at peace with it but his family is not doing well. Please pray for them to help them through this difficult time.

Return to Top
#297521 - 01/07/05 03:15 AM Re: Prayer List
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
Could you please add my Dad to the prayer list? My Mom just called to say he has had another heart attack last night and that the doctors have said that there is nothing more they can do for him. He is 85 and has led a good life, but his heart is bad and his kidneys are failing and its just a matter of time. I had hoped he would live long enough to meet his first great-grandchild, but that may not happen. My parents have been married for almost 64 years, so this is pretty hard on my Mom as well. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated!
Thanks!
BC

Return to Top
#297522 - 01/07/05 02:54 PM Re: Prayer List
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
BC, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I will surely keep him, as well as your mother and the rest of your family, in my prayers.

Return to Top
#297523 - 01/07/05 04:04 PM Re: Prayer List
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Lois Lane is out of the hospital and working 1/2 days. She requested removal from the prayer list.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297524 - 01/08/05 01:30 AM Re: Prayer List
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Would you please add my coworker to your list. Her mother is very ill. She has had two heart attacks since Oct and was diagnosed with cancer during that time. The Chemo is really taking a toll on her.

My coworker and her son live with her mother. He is having a rough time with grandma's illness.

Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers as she goes through this tough time.

Return to Top
#297525 - 01/08/05 11:04 PM Re: Prayer List
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
DevilChick's Mom-in-law-to-be passed away last evening, she is finally at rest.

I guess that she will not suffer any longer and that is good.

Return to Top
#297526 - 01/09/05 12:29 AM Re: Prayer List
obx nut Offline
Gold Star
obx nut
Midwest
I am so sorry DevilChick. I lost my father last February after a long illness and the only thing that made it better was knowing that he was no longer suffering.

Return to Top
#297527 - 01/09/05 07:34 AM Re: Prayer List
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Sorry to hear that DC. At least your fiance has a great person to be by his side during this time of sadness.

Return to Top
#297528 - 01/09/05 02:28 PM Re: Prayer List
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I will share with him. You guys are all pretty swell, too.

Return to Top
#297529 - 01/10/05 02:12 PM Re: Prayer List
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
DC - I'm so sorry! It's so hard to see loved ones suffering. In a way, I'm glad to know that my Papa is finally at peace....

Return to Top
#297530 - 01/10/05 06:19 PM Re: Prayer List
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Give my condolences to your fiance, it is so hard to lose a parent, no matter how old we are or old they are. We watched my mother die in a nursing home 5 years ago, we just kept giving her permission to go and be with my Dad, that he was waiting for her. The day she died, she hung on until we got to the nursing home, waiting for me to say goodby. Funny how thinking about it now can still make me tear up!! Your fiance is lucky to have you to stand by him now!!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett