BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
Thread Options
#297731 - 05/23/05 01:54 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Pale Writer - prayers from Illinois for you and your family, what a difficult thing to go through.

Return to Top
#297732 - 05/23/05 02:11 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Will do (saying prayers) Pale Writer. Sorry to hear about this tragic car accident.

Return to Top
#297733 - 05/23/05 07:42 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Please pray for my family. My brother's little girl, Kaitlyn is still born. They did an emergency C-section last night. They are having funeral services later in the week. My brother is only 22 and his wife is 21...they are asking for strength. Your prayers are coveted. Thank you!

Return to Top
#297734 - 05/23/05 07:51 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Oh, Princess, I'm so sorry. Your brother & SIL are in my prayers.

Return to Top
#297735 - 05/23/05 07:55 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I'm so sorry to read of these new sadnesses. Pale, I hope all is going as well as possible. HOpefully your family can find stregnth in the thoughts of others, because we're sending them out in droves.

And I'm so sorry to hear of the still born baby I can't imagine what they're going through, but if it helps at all, prayers and wishes for stregnth flow from Alaska.

Update on my friend, Sondra is flying to Portland again tomorrow for additional tests. They are holding off on changing her course of meds for another three weeks for the results of this bone marrow draw. We celebrated her 5th year from diagnosis this month. I wondered why she celebrates...and she said it's because each year is another year with her kids and friends. I would ask that you keep my strong friend in your hearts so we can celebrate again next year. And...if you'd send 100% of your Hispanic friends out for bone marrow registry I'd appreciate it! She needs a match soon so we can quit celebrating her life with Luekemia and celebrate the years without it!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#297736 - 05/23/05 07:56 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

So sorry to both p.w. and Ene. My prayers are with you both and your families.

Return to Top
#297737 - 05/23/05 08:22 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Thank you all for your prayers...they mean so much. I will pass on your prayers to my brother and sil.

Return to Top
#297738 - 05/23/05 09:00 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I'm so sorry Ene. And Dawnie, you guys are always in my prayers.

Return to Top
#297739 - 05/24/05 02:32 AM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roberta went to the middle school in my town. i didn't know her, but her death has touched everyone in our school system. My prayers go out to her family and for her eternal soul. She is with God now. ~Mariah

Return to Top
#297740 - 05/24/05 01:41 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your prayers. Rhondas family and I greatly appreciate your prayers and support and we also pray for our friends in need. God bless you all. -- pale writer

Return to Top
#297741 - 05/24/05 02:40 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-23-05
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Your families are in my prayers during this very difficult time.

Return to Top
#297742 - 05/24/05 02:43 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-17-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

My prayers are with you, your wife, her sister, and all the students, including my brother, who knew Roberta. She was an amazing child and certainly will be missed. We'll be praying for the family. May God be with you at this time. -Katie

Return to Top
#297743 - 05/24/05 04:09 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-17-05
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
My prayers are with all of you. I can't tell any of you enough how sorry I am for your trials. I will add all of you to my personal prayer list. Please remember what my dad always told me 'that which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.'

Return to Top
#297744 - 05/25/05 08:53 PM Re: Prayer List updated 5-31-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:18-20

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 5-17-05 update - Lynne is continuing to improve. She is doing more and more self-sufficiency-wise. She still tires easily. Her hemoglobin level is low and she is currently working through some tests and treatments with a Hematologist to try to improve that which should in turn improve her strength and stamina.

Her mental processes are working fine now, and she doesn't seem to have any long-term effect from the watershed stroke she had. Her kidney functions are perfectly fine. All the systems that were shutting down in December and January are functioning fine.

She is pretty well recovered from the emergency surgery that was performed in January, but they are anticipating another surgery in the early fall to reverse the iliostomy they had to do as part of the surgery in January.

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05. 5-31-05 update -I really need you guys right now...On top of everything else...a test for EBV just came back positive. This can lead to PTLD and her trans. team mentioned it today for the first time (which caused much shock to me). We are scheduling a CT scan for this week and will be doing the portal vein angioplasty on Friday.

~Definition from CLASSKIDS.org:
PTLD stands for post transplant lymphoproliferative disease. This is a problem that occurs in transplant patients and is believed to be caused by an interaction between immunosuppression medications and a chronic viral infection called EBV (Epstein Barr Virus). PTLD occurs in a small percentage of transplanted patients and can progress to lymphoma, a cancer of the blood cells . PTLD can sometimes be treated by decreasing or stopping the immunosuppression medications.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma begins treatment today 1-18-05 5-25-05 update - It has been a long haul...or at least it seems long. December 2004 was the diagnosis and I finished Chemo on May 2nd. Now I am waiting to be tested again. That will be on June 6, with the results on June 13th. I must admit, since May 2nd through today seems longer than the 6 months of Chemo......and even longer until I'm tested again.

1-4-05 David Dickenson - thyroid illness I'm currently on 2 medications to keep my system in balance. They are working wonderfully. On Feb 2nd I take another radio-active pill to try and kill my thyroid again. It will then be 6-8 weeks before I know if it was successful. I would like to remain on your prayer list. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. 3-18-05 update - It’s DEAD! I barely crawled out of bed this morning. On Wednesday, I had a blood test as I knew that I was slowing down and my 6 weeks was due on Thursday. Today I felt like I was sick, tired or simply sick & tired. I went to the Dr. after lunch. I’m not sick. This is all just symptoms of a dead thyroid (freezing cold, sore muscles, memory loss – huh?, etc.). The bad news is that it takes 6 weeks or more to see any improvement! I’m going to be like this for a while. My doctor had me take 7 pills today (a little unconventional he said) to jump start the system, but he assured me there was no down side to this. Unfortunately, I may not be worth a hoot for a few weeks. After 6 weeks, I will go in to have a blood test and see where I’m at. Then they starting tweaking the synthroid to get it perfect for me. Thanks for all of the prayers! Have a great weekend, everyone. 4-7-05 update - Doing great. Thanks to all of your for your concerns and prayers. On Wednesday of last week it was like someone threw a switch: I had my energy back! I still run down about 8 pm each night, but my days are much better.

1-5-05 Little Sister's niece - cancer returned

1-5-05 Fraud pup's friend's son, Zakery - almost drowned, still recovering

1-5-05 Skittles' Mom - triple bypass and valve replacement surgery recovering at home now Thanks so much for remembering my mother on the list. It's been just over a month since her surgery. She's recovering, but very slowly. She's still not eating and has lost 10 pounds, so her strength is coming back very slowly. She'll be 80 in 3 weeks, but is still a tough old bird. The visiting nurse thinks her slowness is possibly due to the fact that they had to go back in the next day due to her internal bleeding.

1-5-05 obx nut's Mom - stroke, unable to walk, in nursing home

1-5-05 Deena's Mom and Family - Mom battling lung cancer, family grieving over loss of Dad last October 2-14-05 update - I'd like to ask for your continued prayers for my mother and for our family. She is in the final stages of her illness now and probably doesn't have much time left - maybe a month or two. I met with a nurse from the hospice program last Friday and I believe they will be a great support for us. Please pray that my mother will continue to be comfortable and that, when her time comes, she will pass peacefully and painlessly into a wonderful place where she will no longer be sick. Thank you so much. Your prayers mean more than I can say.

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-7-05 Bear Collector's Dad - Hospitalized with Heart Attack

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child Just wanted to give you an update, my dr finally called this morning and said my University consultation was approved. She is calling me back on Monday to notify me of which University. It will either be Standford or Davis. They said with cancer patients they usually can get in 2-3 weeks, all other appts usually take a month or longer. Because of the pain I'm experiencing and other symptoms she said she'd tried to get me in with the next couple of weeks. So please pray for my strength to accept whatever decision they make. Thanks!
2-11-05 update - You are in my prayers GB - on my side of things, they approved Davis. The waiting game continues though, now I have to wait for a nurse at Davis to contact my Dr to finalize an appt date. In the meantime I've been traveling back and forth to Fl/CA on business so it's been wearing on me. Thank you for your continued prayers 2-21-05 update - Just wanted to give an update - I finally received an appt, March 18 @ UCDavis. I'm both anxious and excited to be moving forward. Thank you for your continued prayers. 3-8-05 update - I was given an appt for 3/18 at UCDavis. Your prayers are coveted 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Additionally he said he didn't think he could help me and was sorry he didn't have better news. I felt like saying, Just because I'm not text book? Anyhow...please continue to pray, I have no idea where to turn to now. Thanks!

1-12-05 Melissa Ann's Husband - possible skin cancer

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 2-17-05 update - UPDATE: He had surgery last week to remove his kidney and a lot of the cancer inside. He is is still in the hospital. Hopefully this will help him on the road to recovery. Please continue to keep him in prayer. Thank you

1-21-05 Pizzaz's niece Channing - I'd like to add my niece to the prayer list. She's 2 and is being tested for autism. We're hoping she's just a slow developer with her social interaction and lack of speech. They're also going to test her hearing. So, please pray for little Channing. Thanks. 2-8-05 update - Update-my niece went for her hearing test and it's fine, she passed. So, now we undergo more therapy, early intervention to find out if she's just behind compared to others her age or whether she may have autism.Thanks for your continued prayers. Update 3-31-05, Channing had her test yesterday and the doctor says she most certainly does not have autism, she's just underdeveloped with her speech. Further testing and early intervention is needed but we're so thankful it's not autism. Thanks to those who prayed.

1-31-05 - Little Sister's Friend -A good friend of our family developed a virus and it settled around his heart. The sack around his heart has been filling up with fluid. They transported him to Rochester this weekend and yesterday they drew off 2 liters of fluid in the morning and more in the afternoon. This gave him instant relief but today we just found out that there was blood in the second fluid draw and have discovered that he has a hole in his aorta. He's being prepped right now for an 8 hour surgery and is considered very high risk. Please keep him in your prayers!!! Thanks! 2-2-05 update - Update on our friend...his surgery was successful. They also discovered an anurism on his aorta that they were able to repair. He'll be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days and then will be off work for 4 months. Thanks for your prayers and please keep remembering him as he has a long road of recovery.

2-11-05 Corkygirl's son - My oldest son is bipolar with paranoia and a recovering alcoholic and we have had a very, very scary week. His wife is out of town for 10 days and he fell apart Sunday night, missing 2 1/2 days of work and really struggling to get out of it. He did make many positive moves this week to take charge of his condition, he did not drink this time (YEA!!!), called his previous Dr and went back to that Dr. who made a change in his medicine. Those two things all by themselves are an improvement for him and we are grateful for that. I have asked for prayers from many of my friends and co-workers who know the situation and I know that those prayers were spoken and helped. He is back to work, on his way back out of this episode but I also know that this is not the end of these episodes for him. Since I know the power of prayer, I am asking for more please. It's baby steps but at-least it's steps forward instead of backwards and I don't want to lose him.

2-17-05 MT-n-Full's Friend - I just now received a call about one of my best friends from my former bank in DC. She was in a head on collision, suffered a stroke,has blot clots in her brain, and a lot more. She is one of the finest bank managers I have known. She is paralyzed also. Please place her on the prayer list asap. Thank you. (I am so upset. ) 3-2-05 update - On 2-17 I posted about my friend who was in an accident just over 2 weeks ago. The human body is so amazing when accompanied by prayers! My friend is now home recuperating. She is expected to fully recover from the stroke and makes progress everyday. The blood clots are better. Although her foot is in a cast, she can get around with a walker now by herself!!! She is having a little problem with math, telling time, searching the phone book - takes a little longer - but with her therapy she has greatly improved --- and she may be ready to return to work in as little as 8 weeks!!! Thank you for the prayers - it has truly been a miracle what she has accomplished so far!

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. The biggest risk though is that they find bad news instead of good so if ya'll could keep her in your prayers for a couple of days I'd appreciate it! 5-23-05 update - Update on my friend, Sondra is flying to Portland again tomorrow for additional tests. They are holding off on changing her course of meds for another three weeks for the results of this bone marrow draw. We celebrated her 5th year from diagnosis this month. I wondered why she celebrates...and she said it's because each year is another year with her kids and friends. I would ask that you keep my strong friend in your hearts so we can celebrate again next year. And...if you'd send 100% of your Hispanic friends out for bone marrow registry I'd appreciate it! She needs a match soon so we can quit celebrating her life with Luekemia and celebrate the years without it!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

3-16-05 - Kiwi's Youngest son has just been diagnosed with RSV. Please keep them in your prayers. 3-21-05 update - They spent St Patrick's Day night in the hospital with his RSV. Scary. She said he had a rough time that night - BUT - has gotten much better since then, and they were released the next day. Hopefully he is on the upswing now. 3-23-05 update -Just wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Keaton is doing much better. Thursday was the worst of it, although his oxygen would dip he was able to bring it back up on his own and did not need to be supplemented. He will be on the nebulizer the rest of this week and then we will see how it goes. Thanks again from all of us.

3-18-05 - Anonymous - I've been part of and seen the power of prayer on BOL. I am asking you for your prayers. I am at a point in my marriage where I am trying to determine if possible to save. Please pray that my heart is open to His will and that I make the right decisions moving forward.

3-30-05 - Beaten Blind - I've made a decision to leave my job. It's best for my family and for me. Please pray for me. I'm not sure where God is leading me right now, but I know he is leading me away from this employer. Thanks for all of your wisdom on this site. Keep me in your prayers!

3-31-05 Anonymous BOL user's Son - I am a BOL user who would like to remain annoy because this is a sensitive issue. My son, who has been in minor trouble since he was an adolscent, is finally turning his life around at 24. He is actively involved in church. (not the church of my choice, but I can live with that) Anyway, he is having trouble abstaining from smoking pot (he does not do it often, but gives in to temptation) He quit smoking cigarettes. He was at a friend's house, had a joint in his wallet, and of course the house was raided. He ran (like a foolish person), to his grandmother's house where he lives. My other son, did not know what was going on. The cops arrive and start beating on my 25 yr old (this was witnessed by my other son) They beat him until they had blacked both of his eyes and scraped all the skin off the side of his face. To him, it like the end of the world. He is ADHD and being confined is like caging a wild animal. He was wrong to run - but does not deserve to serve time for something done to him. There is never a reason to beat someone like he was beat. He needs your prayers. I hope he can endure the tribulations ahead. He goes to court Mon. Please, please pray for him.

4-7-05 Skittles' uncle - I'd like to add my uncle to the list. He has liver cancer and it's apparently in the final stages. He's 85 years old and the family is going to visit him to basically say good bye. He only found out he had this about a week ago (long story), and it's been extremely sad. He and my aunt have been married for almost 64 years (May 24th) and they may not make it to 65.

4-18-05 wacokid - I spent 1/2 day Saturday at the emergency room because I broke a weight bearing bone in my left foot. I will be on crutches and a cast for about 3 months as it will be a slow healing process. Since I am used to moving around sorta fast, please pray that I can be patient and outta these crutches soon. Thanks, the wacokid.

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. We have gotten word that we will be scheduling his open heart surgery for this summer, to have two holes in his heart repaired. I will let you know more once I have a date in hand. 5-12-05 update - surgery scheduled for August 9th.

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

5-23-05 Kiwi's Friend is pregnant and will be having a Nuchal Translucency test next week. Her husband is not able to go to the appt with her and she could use our thoughts and prayers during this time.

5-23-05 Ed's wife & sister-in-law - Please add my wife Rhonda, her sister Rita and her 13 year old daughter Roberta Roseman to your prayer list. Rita and Roberta were in a car accident last night (5/20/05) and Roberta died at the scene and Rita is in ICU at UMASS Memorial, Worcester Ma.- thank you, Ed Belloli (pale writer)

5-23-05 - Princess Ene's Family - Please pray for my family. My brother's little girl, Kaitlyn is still born. They did an emergency C-section last night. They are having funeral services later in the week. My brother is only 22 and his wife is 21...they are asking for strength. Your prayers are coveted. Thank you!

5-27-05 Anonymous - I wanted to ask for any prayers that might be out there. I have no option but to post anymously due to my job position. I am just returing from disability leave and my husband just lost his job. I am feeling lost and need some support from anyone. Please help if you can.

Communal Requests:
All those grieving over the loss of a loved one.
All of those suffering from a chronic illness.
All of our military troops wherever they are serving our country.
All those who live with violence and poverty, without hope.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes.
Last edited by waldensouth; 05/31/05 05:30 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297745 - 05/29/05 03:04 AM Re: Prayer List updated 4-19-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

roberta was one of my friends. she will be in my prayers as well as others always and forever

Return to Top
#297746 - 05/31/05 11:22 PM Re: Prayer List updated 4-19-05
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I could use a couple myself. Going through a divorce. Just moved out this weekend. I miss her horribly.

Return to Top
#297747 - 05/31/05 11:29 PM Re: Prayer List updated 4-19-05
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Swimware, sorry to hear about your pain.

Return to Top
#297748 - 05/31/05 11:43 PM Re: Prayer List updated 4-19-05
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Return to Top
#297749 - 06/01/05 01:35 PM Re: Prayer List updated 6-1-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:18-20

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 5-17-05 update - Lynne is continuing to improve. She is doing more and more self-sufficiency-wise. She still tires easily. Her hemoglobin level is low and she is currently working through some tests and treatments with a Hematologist to try to improve that which should in turn improve her strength and stamina.

Her mental processes are working fine now, and she doesn't seem to have any long-term effect from the watershed stroke she had. Her kidney functions are perfectly fine. All the systems that were shutting down in December and January are functioning fine.

She is pretty well recovered from the emergency surgery that was performed in January, but they are anticipating another surgery in the early fall to reverse the iliostomy they had to do as part of the surgery in January.

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05. 5-31-05 update -I really need you guys right now...On top of everything else...a test for EBV just came back positive. This can lead to PTLD and her trans. team mentioned it today for the first time (which caused much shock to me). We are scheduling a CT scan for this week and will be doing the portal vein angioplasty on Friday.

~Definition from CLASSKIDS.org:
PTLD stands for post transplant lymphoproliferative disease. This is a problem that occurs in transplant patients and is believed to be caused by an interaction between immunosuppression medications and a chronic viral infection called EBV (Epstein Barr Virus). PTLD occurs in a small percentage of transplanted patients and can progress to lymphoma, a cancer of the blood cells . PTLD can sometimes be treated by decreasing or stopping the immunosuppression medications.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma begins treatment today 1-18-05 5-25-05 update - It has been a long haul...or at least it seems long. December 2004 was the diagnosis and I finished Chemo on May 2nd. Now I am waiting to be tested again. That will be on June 6, with the results on June 13th. I must admit, since May 2nd through today seems longer than the 6 months of Chemo......and even longer until I'm tested again.

1-4-05 David Dickenson - thyroid illness I'm currently on 2 medications to keep my system in balance. They are working wonderfully. On Feb 2nd I take another radio-active pill to try and kill my thyroid again. It will then be 6-8 weeks before I know if it was successful. I would like to remain on your prayer list. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. 3-18-05 update - It’s DEAD! I barely crawled out of bed this morning. On Wednesday, I had a blood test as I knew that I was slowing down and my 6 weeks was due on Thursday. Today I felt like I was sick, tired or simply sick & tired. I went to the Dr. after lunch. I’m not sick. This is all just symptoms of a dead thyroid (freezing cold, sore muscles, memory loss – huh?, etc.). The bad news is that it takes 6 weeks or more to see any improvement! I’m going to be like this for a while. My doctor had me take 7 pills today (a little unconventional he said) to jump start the system, but he assured me there was no down side to this. Unfortunately, I may not be worth a hoot for a few weeks. After 6 weeks, I will go in to have a blood test and see where I’m at. Then they starting tweaking the synthroid to get it perfect for me. Thanks for all of the prayers! Have a great weekend, everyone. 4-7-05 update - Doing great. Thanks to all of your for your concerns and prayers. On Wednesday of last week it was like someone threw a switch: I had my energy back! I still run down about 8 pm each night, but my days are much better.

1-5-05 Little Sister's niece - cancer returned

1-5-05 Fraud pup's friend's son, Zakery - almost drowned, still recovering

1-5-05 Skittles' Mom - triple bypass and valve replacement surgery recovering at home now Thanks so much for remembering my mother on the list. It's been just over a month since her surgery. She's recovering, but very slowly. She's still not eating and has lost 10 pounds, so her strength is coming back very slowly. She'll be 80 in 3 weeks, but is still a tough old bird. The visiting nurse thinks her slowness is possibly due to the fact that they had to go back in the next day due to her internal bleeding.

1-5-05 obx nut's Mom - stroke, unable to walk, in nursing home

1-5-05 Deena's Mom and Family - Mom battling lung cancer, family grieving over loss of Dad last October 2-14-05 update - I'd like to ask for your continued prayers for my mother and for our family. She is in the final stages of her illness now and probably doesn't have much time left - maybe a month or two. I met with a nurse from the hospice program last Friday and I believe they will be a great support for us. Please pray that my mother will continue to be comfortable and that, when her time comes, she will pass peacefully and painlessly into a wonderful place where she will no longer be sick. Thank you so much. Your prayers mean more than I can say.

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-7-05 Bear Collector's Dad - Hospitalized with Heart Attack

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child. 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Additionally he said he didn't think he could help me and was sorry he didn't have better news. I felt like saying, Just because I'm not text book? Anyhow...please continue to pray, I have no idea where to turn to now. Thanks!

1-12-05 Melissa Ann's Husband - possible skin cancer

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 2-17-05 update - UPDATE: He had surgery last week to remove his kidney and a lot of the cancer inside. He is is still in the hospital. Hopefully this will help him on the road to recovery. Please continue to keep him in prayer. Thank you

1-31-05 - Little Sister's Friend -A good friend of our family developed a virus and it settled around his heart. The sack around his heart has been filling up with fluid. They transported him to Rochester this weekend and yesterday they drew off 2 liters of fluid in the morning and more in the afternoon. This gave him instant relief but today we just found out that there was blood in the second fluid draw and have discovered that he has a hole in his aorta. He's being prepped right now for an 8 hour surgery and is considered very high risk. Please keep him in your prayers!!! Thanks! 2-2-05 update - Update on our friend...his surgery was successful. They also discovered an anurism on his aorta that they were able to repair. He'll be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days and then will be off work for 4 months. Thanks for your prayers and please keep remembering him as he has a long road of recovery.

2-17-05 MT-n-Full's Friend - I just now received a call about one of my best friends from my former bank in DC. She was in a head on collision, suffered a stroke,has blot clots in her brain, and a lot more. She is one of the finest bank managers I have known. She is paralyzed also. Please place her on the prayer list asap. Thank you. (I am so upset. ) 3-2-05 update - On 2-17 I posted about my friend who was in an accident just over 2 weeks ago. The human body is so amazing when accompanied by prayers! My friend is now home recuperating. She is expected to fully recover from the stroke and makes progress everyday. The blood clots are better. Although her foot is in a cast, she can get around with a walker now by herself!!! She is having a little problem with math, telling time, searching the phone book - takes a little longer - but with her therapy she has greatly improved --- and she may be ready to return to work in as little as 8 weeks!!! Thank you for the prayers - it has truly been a miracle what she has accomplished so far!

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. The biggest risk though is that they find bad news instead of good so if ya'll could keep her in your prayers for a couple of days I'd appreciate it! 5-23-05 update - Update on my friend, Sondra is flying to Portland again tomorrow for additional tests. They are holding off on changing her course of meds for another three weeks for the results of this bone marrow draw. We celebrated her 5th year from diagnosis this month. I wondered why she celebrates...and she said it's because each year is another year with her kids and friends. I would ask that you keep my strong friend in your hearts so we can celebrate again next year. And...if you'd send 100% of your Hispanic friends out for bone marrow registry I'd appreciate it! She needs a match soon so we can quit celebrating her life with Luekemia and celebrate the years without it!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

3-18-05 - Anonymous - I've been part of and seen the power of prayer on BOL. I am asking you for your prayers. I am at a point in my marriage where I am trying to determine if possible to save. Please pray that my heart is open to His will and that I make the right decisions moving forward.

3-30-05 - Beaten Blind - I've made a decision to leave my job. It's best for my family and for me. Please pray for me. I'm not sure where God is leading me right now, but I know he is leading me away from this employer. Thanks for all of your wisdom on this site. Keep me in your prayers!

4-7-05 Skittles' uncle - I'd like to add my uncle to the list. He has liver cancer and it's apparently in the final stages. He's 85 years old and the family is going to visit him to basically say good bye. He only found out he had this about a week ago (long story), and it's been extremely sad. He and my aunt have been married for almost 64 years (May 24th) and they may not make it to 65.

4-18-05 wacokid - I spent 1/2 day Saturday at the emergency room because I broke a weight bearing bone in my left foot. I will be on crutches and a cast for about 3 months as it will be a slow healing process. Since I am used to moving around sorta fast, please pray that I can be patient and outta these crutches soon. Thanks, the wacokid.

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. We have gotten word that we will be scheduling his open heart surgery for this summer, to have two holes in his heart repaired. I will let you know more once I have a date in hand. 5-12-05 update - surgery scheduled for August 9th.

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

5-23-05 Kiwi's Friend is pregnant and will be having a Nuchal Translucency test next week. Her husband is not able to go to the appt with her and she could use our thoughts and prayers during this time.

5-23-05 Ed's wife & sister-in-law - Please add my wife Rhonda, her sister Rita and her 13 year old daughter Roberta Roseman to your prayer list. Rita and Roberta were in a car accident last night (5/20/05) and Roberta died at the scene and Rita is in ICU at UMASS Memorial, Worcester Ma.- thank you, Ed Belloli (pale writer)

5-23-05 - Princess Ene's Family - Please pray for my family. My brother's little girl, Kaitlyn is still born. They did an emergency C-section last night. They are having funeral services later in the week. My brother is only 22 and his wife is 21...they are asking for strength. Your prayers are coveted. Thank you!

5-27-05 Anonymous - I wanted to ask for any prayers that might be out there. I have no option but to post anymously due to my job position. I am just returing from disability leave and my husband just lost his job. I am feeling lost and need some support from anyone. Please help if you can.

6-1-05 Swimware - Going through a divorce. Just moved out this weekend. I miss her horribly.

6-2-05 Pizzaz - I'd like to ask you to keep me and my family in your thoughts. My grandmother passed away very unexpectedly yesterday, we were all in shock. I was extremely close to her and was fortunate enough to have spent Mother's Day with her last month. Anyway, very sad day so thanks for your positive thoughts.

6-2-05 DKARBS -Please add our family to your prayer list. My sister was killed in a car accident on May 7th. My brother, sister-in-law and niece witnessed the accident. My sisters' son and my brother's son were in the car, but not seriously injured. A woman went "left of center" and hit my sister. My brother was able to save that woman's son, but couldn't get the woman out before the car went up in flames. My brother is suffering terribly, as are my sister's husband, son and my mother and rest of the family.

Communal Requests:
All those grieving over the loss of a loved one.
All of those suffering from a chronic illness.
All of our military troops wherever they are serving our country.
All those who live with violence and poverty, without hope.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes.
Last edited by waldensouth; 06/02/05 03:25 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297750 - 06/02/05 01:07 PM Re: Prayer List updated 6-1-05
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I'd like to ask you to keep me and my family in your thoughts. My grandmother passed away very unexpectedly yesterday, we were all in shock. I was extremely close to her and was fortunate enough to have spent Mother's Day with her last month. Anyway, very sad day so thanks for your positive thoughts.

Return to Top
#297751 - 06/02/05 01:16 PM Re: Prayer List updated 6-1-05
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my thoughts today. I lost a loved one a month ago, and I know the pain involved. Take care of yourself and your family.

Return to Top
#297752 - 06/02/05 01:32 PM Re: Prayer List updated 6-1-05
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I am very sorry for your loss. You and yours will be in my prayers. I understand what you are going through and can only say it gets easier with time to deal with it and knowing that HE has his plan.

Return to Top
#297753 - 06/02/05 01:53 PM Re: Prayer List updated 6-1-05
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Pizzaz, I'm so sorry for your loss. You're all in my prayers.

Return to Top
#297754 - 06/02/05 02:54 PM Re: Prayer List updated 6-1-05
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Please add our family to your prayer list. My sister was killed in a car accident on May 7th. My brother, sister-in-law and niece witnessed the accident. My sisters' son and my brother's son were in the car, but not seriously injured. A woman went "left of center" and hit my sister. My brother was able to save that woman's son, but couldn't get the woman out before the car went up in flames. My brother is suffering terribly, as are my sister's husband, son and my mother and rest of the family.

Return to Top
#297755 - 06/02/05 02:57 PM Re: Prayer List updated 6-1-05
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
DKarbs, so very sorry to hear about your sister. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett