Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
Thread Options
#297831 - 08/04/05 09:09 PM Re: Prayer List updated 7-27-05
Silent Valley Offline
Texas
I know this is difficult for you, but bladder cancer [even in later stages] is curable. My husband was diagnosed last August, has had 5 surgeries, and starts his third round of chemo week after next. [He couldn't start this week because he wanted to go to California first!]. While this last year has been a struggle, he is still enjoying life and we remain hopeful. There is loads of info on the web and don't forget your local cancer support groups. We will be adding you do our prayer list. We have found it very healing to pray for others. PM me if you want some of the web sites.

Return to Top
#297832 - 08/08/05 06:17 PM Re: Prayer List updated 7-27-05
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Nanwa, I feel for you. This could easily be my post soon - my ILs have said the same exact thing re: leaving their precious home. (Although in my case, I seem to be the only one thinking they're anything less than perfect. Their kids seem to live in a rose colored world.) Anyhoo, thinking of you - and the others recently added.

On a more positive note, y'all may now take my friend Mindy OFF the list - following a number of ultrasounds and checkups, her dr. has declared her pregnancy to be 100% normal, full speed ahead, developing on target. Cysts are completely gone and her life is (temporarily ;D) back to normal.

Return to Top
#297833 - 08/08/05 06:34 PM Re: Prayer List updated 7-27-05
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
You're all on my prayer list as well. If you'd add Jesse Sr's mother to the list I'd appreciate it. She's had a very bad year and we thought things were getting better but her blood pressure is dangerously low (80/45). She's lived a good life, and we don't wish her to suffer, but she also wants to live long enough to see the baby, so if ya'll could pray for her stregnth for a few more months I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#297834 - 08/08/05 08:06 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-12-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:18-20

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 8-10-05 Lynne is still continuing to get well, but we are in need of your continued prayers. Lynne is scheduled for a follow up surgery on September 1. They are expecting she will be in the hospital for 5 - 7 days after the surgery. Please pray that the surgery will be successful and that the surgery and hospital stay don't set her back to far in her recovery process. I thank you in advance because I know so many of you will be lifting her up in the coming days as you have so much in the past. It has made all the difference

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05. 8-5-05 Hemoglobin is 8.7 (down almost a gram since last draw, but not as steep a drop as before)- platelets and white count are better.
Now the problem is a GGT level that is up in the range where they think she needs a biopsy. This could mean rejection. GGT is 277 (normal is around 50, her's is up from 70). Could also be a recurrence of the biliary problem, let's hope she doesn't need another PTC tube.

In order to be safe- we'll do an ultrasound at 2 pm Monday, then admit her, give her a transfusion, and biopsy her on Tuesday am. We would have results of the biopsy by that afternoon, per the hospital.

8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma began treatment1-18-05. 6-23-05 update - The right lung showed PET positive and the left lung was PET tive.........However, my oncologist still thinks these are due to spores. He has scheduled another CAT Scan for July 22nd....We will probably continue CTs once a month for awhile....If there is any activity, we will be on top of it......I will begin radiation next week and maintenance Chemo in early November. Thanks for the prayers.

1-4-05 David Dickenson - thyroid illness I'm currently on 2 medications to keep my system in balance. They are working wonderfully. On Feb 2nd I take another radio-active pill to try and kill my thyroid again. It will then be 6-8 weeks before I know if it was successful. I would like to remain on your prayer list. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. 3-18-05 update - It’s DEAD! I barely crawled out of bed this morning. On Wednesday, I had a blood test as I knew that I was slowing down and my 6 weeks was due on Thursday. Today I felt like I was sick, tired or simply sick & tired. I went to the Dr. after lunch. I’m not sick. This is all just symptoms of a dead thyroid (freezing cold, sore muscles, memory loss – huh?, etc.). The bad news is that it takes 6 weeks or more to see any improvement! I’m going to be like this for a while. My doctor had me take 7 pills today (a little unconventional he said) to jump start the system, but he assured me there was no down side to this. Unfortunately, I may not be worth a hoot for a few weeks. After 6 weeks, I will go in to have a blood test and see where I’m at. Then they starting tweaking the synthroid to get it perfect for me. Thanks for all of the prayers! Have a great weekend, everyone. 4-7-05 update - Doing great. Thanks to all of your for your concerns and prayers. On Wednesday of last week it was like someone threw a switch: I had my energy back! I still run down about 8 pm each night, but my days are much better.

1-5-05 Little Sister's niece - cancer returned

1-5-05 Fraud pup's friend's son, Zakery - almost drowned, still recovering

1-5-05 Skittles' Mom - triple bypass and valve replacement surgery recovering at home now Thanks so much for remembering my mother on the list. 7-15-05 My mother is on the list from by-pass surgery in December. I'm happy to report that it's been almost 7 months since mom's surgery and she's now doing great. She's feeling good - doing work around the house inside and out - lost 30 pounds (now only weighs 110) and said she's glad she had the surgery. For several months afterwards she made comments that she wish she hadn't done it. Mom turned 80 in February and hopefully has many more years to come. She also found out the doctor said if she hadn't had the surgery she may have only had 2 years or less.

1-5-05 obx nut's Mom - stroke, unable to walk, in nursing home

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-7-05 Bear Collector's Dad - Hospitalized with Heart Attack

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child. 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Additionally he said he didn't think he could help me and was sorry he didn't have better news. I felt like saying, Just because I'm not text book? Anyhow...please continue to pray, I have no idea where to turn to now. Thanks!

1-12-05 Melissa Ann's Husband - possible skin cancer

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 6/13/05 UPDATE: My friend's husband's cancer is very aggressive and spreading. He had surgery last week to remove part of his stomach, colon, pancreas and the 3rd vertabrae in his spine. He got through the surgery but it is still too early to know the outcome. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

1-31-05 - Little Sister's Friend -A good friend of our family developed a virus and it settled around his heart. The sack around his heart has been filling up with fluid. They transported him to Rochester this weekend and yesterday they drew off 2 liters of fluid in the morning and more in the afternoon. This gave him instant relief but today we just found out that there was blood in the second fluid draw and have discovered that he has a hole in his aorta. He's being prepped right now for an 8 hour surgery and is considered very high risk. Please keep him in your prayers!!! Thanks! 2-2-05 update - Update on our friend...his surgery was successful. They also discovered an anurism on his aorta that they were able to repair. He'll be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days and then will be off work for 4 months. Thanks for your prayers and please keep remembering him as he has a long road of recovery.

2-17-05 MT-n-Full's Friend - I just now received a call about one of my best friends from my former bank in DC. She was in a head on collision, suffered a stroke,has blot clots in her brain, and a lot more. She is one of the finest bank managers I have known. She is paralyzed also. Please place her on the prayer list asap. Thank you. (I am so upset. ) 3-2-05 update - On 2-17 I posted about my friend who was in an accident just over 2 weeks ago. The human body is so amazing when accompanied by prayers! My friend is now home recuperating. She is expected to fully recover from the stroke and makes progress everyday. The blood clots are better. Although her foot is in a cast, she can get around with a walker now by herself!!! She is having a little problem with math, telling time, searching the phone book - takes a little longer - but with her therapy she has greatly improved --- and she may be ready to return to work in as little as 8 weeks!!! Thank you for the prayers - it has truly been a miracle what she has accomplished so far!

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. 6-9-05 update - My friend Sondra received her first set of results back. They are not good. It appears we're turning the corner towards a darker side of the disease. Without a donor, she has just a few years to live at most. 7-7-05 update This week, because the results were so very very bad, they brought her down for more testing. She just found out that the results that frightened us all were an absolute fluke. The doctor is shocked and ran these tests more than once because they were so much better. While she is still battling luekemia and will until a transplant is found, she's not looking at a short six to nine months anymore. They are fully confident that these results are very accurate, and basically put her back at her earlier level, which means a few years to fight or find that transplant. We're very relieved, and I'm sure the prayer and support that has gone out on her behalf has helped in what looked to be a hopeless situation. Thank you all!!!!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

3-18-05 - Anonymous - I've been part of and seen the power of prayer on BOL. I am asking you for your prayers. I am at a point in my marriage where I am trying to determine if possible to save. Please pray that my heart is open to His will and that I make the right decisions moving forward.

4-7-05 Skittles' uncle - I'd like to add my uncle to the list. He has liver cancer and it's apparently in the final stages. He's 85 years old and the family is going to visit him to basically say good bye. He only found out he had this about a week ago (long story), and it's been extremely sad. He and my aunt have been married for almost 64 years (May 24th) and they may not make it to 65.

4-18-05 wacokid - I spent 1/2 day Saturday at the emergency room because I broke a weight bearing bone in my left foot. I will be on crutches and a cast for about 3 months as it will be a slow healing process. Since I am used to moving around sorta fast, please pray that I can be patient and outta these crutches soon. Thanks, the wacokid. UPDATE 6-15-05 WOW, it seems like a long time from 4-15-05 and my broken foot bone, but I am now off crutches and the boot. I am trying to walk straight today. That's the good news, the bad is that after a midnight trip to the ER,I just got rid of 3 kidney stones in right kidney after some surgery, but still have 1 in the left kidney...ouch! Thank goodness for narcotics! I only missed 2 days of work and now I'm back at compliance and waiting for the "precious stone" to make an appearance.

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. 8-12-05 update - Didn't remember to pack my BOL password when we packed for the hospital.
Everything went great! We appreciate all the prayers. His surgery lasted just under 6 hours. And he is recovering very well. In fact we may be headed home from the hospital tomorrow night! We are out of the PICU and on to the Intermediate Intesive Care floor. They told us to expect to be here 5 - 7 days. We had surgery on Tuesday and if we go home tomorrow it would only be 4 days counting the surgery date.

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

5-23-05 Kiwi's Friend is pregnant and will be having a Nuchal Translucency test next week. Her husband is not able to go to the appt with her and she could use our thoughts and prayers during this time.

6-20-05 Anonymous - I have an unspoken request. And my prayers and thoughts go to everyone on this post. Thank you.

6-20-05 CEW - Please add my Aunt Marilyn to the prayer list. She fell while out for her morning walk yesterday morning. Unsure if she suffered a stroke, but has not yet gained consciousness. Had bleeding in the brain and a hole was drilled in her skull to relieve the pressure. We are waiting to hear from my cousin this morning to find out if she has suffered any brain damage and what the prognosis is. Thank you.

6-20-05 violetRose's friend - Could you all please pray for my friend Summer, she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. Please also pray for her husband Cal, who is her rock at this time. They are in the process of deciding treatment. 6-22-05 update - Further tests revealed bad news. Cancer was found in her Kidneys, Liver and possibly her bones. Surgery will be scheduled for July followed by kemo. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

6-23-05 CorkyGirl's In-laws - 7-11-05 Update on my mother-in-law - thanks for your prayers. She is home from the hospital and nursing center and better I guess. We were back for 4th of July weekend and if what I saw of her leg is "better" I'm glad I didn't see it at its worse!! I am sure they will have to remove her leg before the end of the year, she has been battling this type of infection for a number of years now and it just never gets "all better". I don't know what she will do when that time comes, it will force some hard choices on her.

6-28-05 Plain Scared - I've just learned that I have a nodule in my breast and have scheduled an appointment with a surgeon for further treatment. 8-23-05 update- I had a needle biopsy which showed the nodule was just a fibroid - no cancer! Thanks to everyone for your prayers and thoughts. It really helped!

7-15-05 ABrown's Mother-in-law - I would like to request prayers for my Mother-in-law. She has beaten lung cancer twice and we have been told now that she may either have pneumonia (treatable) OR a wide spread cancer that they can do nothing for.

7-22-05 Cat Woman's Mom - She is going thru a really stressful time at work. She had found out she has MS a couple of years ago, and I'm very afraid that the stress she is under will cause an attack.

8-1-05 deppfan's customer - Please pray for one of our customers. She lost her husband a little less than a year ago, and a little after midnight, her 19 yr. old son was killed in a car accident. She is a wonderful woman with two daughters still at home, one of whom had tick fever as a young child and is severely handicapped as a result. Please hold her up in prayer.

8-3-05 Beagle Queen and Mom- I could use some prayers. The doctor has found a large tumor in my mother's bladder. 8-12-05 update Happy news, my mom is out of surgery and they feel that they got it all. The tumor will go for tests, but it looks like cancer. Happy news is they don't think it has spread outside of the bladder. She is up and talking and will go home soon if everything goes well. YYIIPPEEEE

08-03-05 Our bank received word that a former accounting officer who resigned a few weeks ago has liver failure. She is in her early fifties, has a 2 year old grandson and another grandbaby to be born in Dec.- - - but, our Ruthie has been placed in hospice care and doctors have given only 1 month left. Her husband, also early fifties, passed away about 3 months ago. Your prayers for her family would be appreciated. wacokid

Nanwa's family - Please include my mother-in-law and my husband and our family on the prayer list. 8-10-05 Update on Ma - they removed a tumor the size of a lemon from her colon, but the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes. Doc doesn't think she would survive chemo or radiation in her already weakened state - plus it would fry what's remaining of her brain. She was doing real well until they gave her solid food to eat; then she got bad cramps and the pain along with the lack of sleep and the drugs they gave her caused her to start hallucinating. If they release her, she and Dad will be going with my sister-in-law to live. Her house is huge and on one level. SIL has it planned to go right from the hospital to her place; don't take Ma home, or she will never leave. Dad is too much in shock to argue, but will go wherever Ma goes. I firmly believe each will die without the other.

8-8-05 Dawnie's MIL - If you'd add Jesse Sr's mother to the list I'd appreciate it. She's had a very bad year and we thought things were getting better but her blood pressure is dangerously low (80/45). She's lived a good life, and we don't wish her to suffer, but she also wants to live long enough to see the baby, so if ya'll could pray for her stregnth for a few more months I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

8-11-05 CSB's Grandson Bryce - Our first grandson was born on June 1 and thanks to a wonderful peditrician, it was discovered that his head was growing faster than his body, but it wasn't a visual thing. Only by her concern with some other symptoms and constant measuring, did she recommend a neurosurgeon in Nashville. Bryce was diagnosed with hydrocephalus and underwent his first surgery when he was six weeks old. Our son called Monday to tell us Bryce had developed a fever and they'd taken him back to Vanderbilt. He had the shunt removed on Tuesday, taking antibiotics to clear up the infection and is scheduled for surgery Friday morning to put a new shunt in.

Communal Requests:
All of those affected by the terrorist attack in London.
All those grieving over the loss of a loved one.
All of those suffering from a chronic illness.
All of our military troops wherever they are serving our country.
All those who live with violence and poverty, without hope.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes.
Last edited by waldensouth; 08/23/05 05:25 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297835 - 08/10/05 07:03 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Update on Ma - they removed a tumor the size of a lemon from her colon, but the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes. Doc doesn't think she would survive chemo or radiation in her already weakened state - plus it would fry what's remaining of her brain. She was doing real well until they gave her solid food to eat; then she got bad cramps and the pain along with the lack of sleep and the drugs they gave her caused her to start hallucinating. If they release her, she and Dad will be going with my sister-in-law to live. Her house is huge and on one level. SIL has it planned to go right from the hospital to her place; don't take Ma home, or she will never leave. Dad is too much in shock to argue, but will go wherever Ma goes. I firmly believe each will die without the other.

I have told my SIL that I support her in every way, and would not find any fault if she decides it is too much for her to take on. MOML and I will try to get to her whenever we can to take some of the pressure off. The problem: 300 miles one way trip between us. Right now, SIL is handling all the medical logistics and MOML, her brother, is handling all the financial and bill pay arranagment end of it. Brother-in-law and I are filling in wherever we can with packing, cleaning and closing up the house, feeding people and tending Ma so she is never alone in the hospital.

Please continue us on your prayer list. I appreciate all your prayers and kind thoughts and words more than you can possibly know!

Return to Top
#297836 - 08/10/05 08:10 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
OH Nan, I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you hun! I hope "Ma" is kept as comfortable as she can be at this time, and that you all have the comfort of knowing that you're being with her at this time has to be a huge benefit for her during the time she has left.

Return to Top
#297837 - 08/10/05 08:27 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Thanx Dawnie! You know what brought a smile during this hard week? Ma remembers things in bits and pieces, but she remembered playing with my cat Spunky, and talking about him made her smile.

Return to Top
#297838 - 08/10/05 08:38 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I spent a year with grandpa Carroll before he finally was gone from us Nan. Those little things mean more than makes sense sometimes but I do understand. While that was a very hard year for us, I still feel great satisfaction that at moments, during his passing, we could share a smile and a simple memory. I treasure those moments as much as the moments when he was healthy and spry.

Grandpa had a fascination with birds. I put a bird feeder outside his hospital window in the end and even though we couldn't talk, he'd squeeze my hand when a bird landed on it. Bring Ma a picture of Sparky or better yet, if it's possible see if there is a service that brings pets into the hospital. Some do and it's amazing how they connect with the patients It sounds like she's a kitty lover...which makes me love her too

Return to Top
#297839 - 08/11/05 05:40 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Another bad night. SIL tried to deal with Ma "going from both ends", and she and the doctor finally came to the realization that she just can't handle it. Ma will go into a rehab center tommorrow. Then, if after a couple of weeks, she regains control of herself and her bodily functions, she can go live at SIL's. We will have to see how it goes.

Personally, I am relieved. At least now, SIL can visit Ma all day, but go and sleep in her own bed at her own home at night. That alone will help her "regroup".

Return to Top
#297840 - 08/11/05 07:45 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Happy news, my mom is out of surgery and they feel that they got it all. The tumor will go for tests, but it looks like cancer. Happy news is they don't think it has spread outside of the bladder. She is up and talking and will go home soon if everything goes well. YYIIPPEEEE

Return to Top
#297841 - 08/11/05 08:22 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
BQ, that is great! I pray for your mom that the cancer was contained.

Return to Top
#297842 - 08/12/05 05:11 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Good news, sort of. They got the nausea under control so they could get Ma to the rehab facility today. Now, hopefully MOML and his sister can get some rest. Before the next crisis hits.

I could just strangle MOML, tho. He calls and says, "Well, she's gone." I said "Oh, Hon, I'm so sorry." And he said, "Oh! Sorry! No, she's not dead, I meant she's gone on the road to the rehab center." He's so frazzled, he just wasn't thinking.

Return to Top
#297843 - 08/12/05 07:09 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
BQ & Nanwa, I am happy for both of you. Now you can relax some and have a pleasant weekend.

Return to Top
#297844 - 08/15/05 05:48 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-10-05
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Update on my mother-in-law. She is home and doing much better. She says she is like a rubber band, she just keeping bouncing back. I don't know how long before the leg is bad again but I'm glad she is doing much better.

A friend and neighbor that was watering our plants while we were on vacation tried to commit suicide while we were gone. She lives with depression that apparently sent her down pretty hard this time. She is in the hospital, don't know for how long this time, with no family in Illinois. She has a dog in her condo that won't let anyone near, all we can do is provide food and water and pick up the poo daily. Can't get her outside at all, without getting bit anyway. He daughter is going to have to decide what to do about the dog pretty soon, I think Barbara will be in the hospital for a while this time. Hard decission to make. Keep Barbara and her family in your prayers please.

Return to Top
#297845 - 08/16/05 01:17 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-17-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 8-10-05 Lynne is still continuing to get well, but we are in need of your continued prayers. Lynne is scheduled for a follow up surgery on September 1. They are expecting she will be in the hospital for 5 - 7 days after the surgery. Please pray that the surgery will be successful and that the surgery and hospital stay don't set her back to far in her recovery process. I thank you in advance because I know so many of you will be lifting her up in the coming days as you have so much in the past. It has made all the difference

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05. 8-5-05 Hemoglobin is 8.7 (down almost a gram since last draw, but not as steep a drop as before)- platelets and white count are better.
Now the problem is a GGT level that is up in the range where they think she needs a biopsy. This could mean rejection. GGT is 277 (normal is around 50, her's is up from 70). Could also be a recurrence of the biliary problem, let's hope she doesn't need another PTC tube.

In order to be safe- we'll do an ultrasound at 2 pm Monday, then admit her, give her a transfusion, and biopsy her on Tuesday am. We would have results of the biopsy by that afternoon, per the hospital.

8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma began treatment1-18-05. 6-23-05 update - The right lung showed PET positive and the left lung was PET tive.........However, my oncologist still thinks these are due to spores. He has scheduled another CAT Scan for July 22nd....We will probably continue CTs once a month for awhile....If there is any activity, we will be on top of it......I will begin radiation next week and maintenance Chemo in early November. Thanks for the prayers.

1-4-05 David Dickenson - thyroid illness I'm currently on 2 medications to keep my system in balance. They are working wonderfully. On Feb 2nd I take another radio-active pill to try and kill my thyroid again. It will then be 6-8 weeks before I know if it was successful. I would like to remain on your prayer list. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. 3-18-05 update - It’s DEAD! I barely crawled out of bed this morning. On Wednesday, I had a blood test as I knew that I was slowing down and my 6 weeks was due on Thursday. Today I felt like I was sick, tired or simply sick & tired. I went to the Dr. after lunch. I’m not sick. This is all just symptoms of a dead thyroid (freezing cold, sore muscles, memory loss – huh?, etc.). The bad news is that it takes 6 weeks or more to see any improvement! I’m going to be like this for a while. My doctor had me take 7 pills today (a little unconventional he said) to jump start the system, but he assured me there was no down side to this. Unfortunately, I may not be worth a hoot for a few weeks. After 6 weeks, I will go in to have a blood test and see where I’m at. Then they starting tweaking the synthroid to get it perfect for me. Thanks for all of the prayers! Have a great weekend, everyone. 4-7-05 update - Doing great. Thanks to all of your for your concerns and prayers. On Wednesday of last week it was like someone threw a switch: I had my energy back! I still run down about 8 pm each night, but my days are much better.

1-5-05 Skittles' Mom - triple bypass and valve replacement surgery recovering at home now Thanks so much for remembering my mother on the list. 7-15-05 My mother is on the list from by-pass surgery in December. I'm happy to report that it's been almost 7 months since mom's surgery and she's now doing great. She's feeling good - doing work around the house inside and out - lost 30 pounds (now only weighs 110) and said she's glad she had the surgery. For several months afterwards she made comments that she wish she hadn't done it. Mom turned 80 in February and hopefully has many more years to come. She also found out the doctor said if she hadn't had the surgery she may have only had 2 years or less.

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child. 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Additionally he said he didn't think he could help me and was sorry he didn't have better news. I felt like saying, Just because I'm not text book? Anyhow...please continue to pray, I have no idea where to turn to now. Thanks!

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 6/13/05 UPDATE: My friend's husband's cancer is very aggressive and spreading. He had surgery last week to remove part of his stomach, colon, pancreas and the 3rd vertabrae in his spine. He got through the surgery but it is still too early to know the outcome. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

1-31-05 - Little Sister's Friend -A good friend of our family developed a virus and it settled around his heart. The sack around his heart has been filling up with fluid. They transported him to Rochester this weekend and yesterday they drew off 2 liters of fluid in the morning and more in the afternoon. This gave him instant relief but today we just found out that there was blood in the second fluid draw and have discovered that he has a hole in his aorta. He's being prepped right now for an 8 hour surgery and is considered very high risk. Please keep him in your prayers!!! Thanks! 2-2-05 update - Update on our friend...his surgery was successful. They also discovered an anurism on his aorta that they were able to repair. He'll be in the hospital for 7 to 10 days and then will be off work for 4 months. Thanks for your prayers and please keep remembering him as he has a long road of recovery.

2-17-05 MT-n-Full's Friend - I just now received a call about one of my best friends from my former bank in DC. She was in a head on collision, suffered a stroke,has blot clots in her brain, and a lot more. She is one of the finest bank managers I have known. She is paralyzed also. Please place her on the prayer list asap. Thank you. (I am so upset. ) 3-2-05 update - On 2-17 I posted about my friend who was in an accident just over 2 weeks ago. The human body is so amazing when accompanied by prayers! My friend is now home recuperating. She is expected to fully recover from the stroke and makes progress everyday. The blood clots are better. Although her foot is in a cast, she can get around with a walker now by herself!!! She is having a little problem with math, telling time, searching the phone book - takes a little longer - but with her therapy she has greatly improved --- and she may be ready to return to work in as little as 8 weeks!!! Thank you for the prayers - it has truly been a miracle what she has accomplished so far!

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. 6-9-05 update - My friend Sondra received her first set of results back. They are not good. It appears we're turning the corner towards a darker side of the disease. Without a donor, she has just a few years to live at most. 7-7-05 update This week, because the results were so very very bad, they brought her down for more testing. She just found out that the results that frightened us all were an absolute fluke. The doctor is shocked and ran these tests more than once because they were so much better. While she is still battling luekemia and will until a transplant is found, she's not looking at a short six to nine months anymore. They are fully confident that these results are very accurate, and basically put her back at her earlier level, which means a few years to fight or find that transplant. We're very relieved, and I'm sure the prayer and support that has gone out on her behalf has helped in what looked to be a hopeless situation. Thank you all!!!!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

3-18-05 - Anonymous - I've been part of and seen the power of prayer on BOL. I am asking you for your prayers. I am at a point in my marriage where I am trying to determine if possible to save. Please pray that my heart is open to His will and that I make the right decisions moving forward.

4-7-05 Skittles' uncle - I'd like to add my uncle to the list. He has liver cancer and it's apparently in the final stages. He's 85 years old and the family is going to visit him to basically say good bye. He only found out he had this about a week ago (long story), and it's been extremely sad. He and my aunt have been married for almost 64 years (May 24th) and they may not make it to 65.

4-18-05 wacokid - I spent 1/2 day Saturday at the emergency room because I broke a weight bearing bone in my left foot. I will be on crutches and a cast for about 3 months as it will be a slow healing process. Since I am used to moving around sorta fast, please pray that I can be patient and outta these crutches soon. Thanks, the wacokid. UPDATE 6-15-05 WOW, it seems like a long time from 4-15-05 and my broken foot bone, but I am now off crutches and the boot. I am trying to walk straight today. That's the good news, the bad is that after a midnight trip to the ER,I just got rid of 3 kidney stones in right kidney after some surgery, but still have 1 in the left kidney...ouch! Thank goodness for narcotics! I only missed 2 days of work and now I'm back at compliance and waiting for the "precious stone" to make an appearance.

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. 8-12-05 update - Didn't remember to pack my BOL password when we packed for the hospital.
Everything went great! We appreciate all the prayers. His surgery lasted just under 6 hours. And he is recovering very well. In fact we may be headed home from the hospital tomorrow night! We are out of the PICU and on to the Intermediate Intesive Care floor. They told us to expect to be here 5 - 7 days. We had surgery on Tuesday and if we go home tomorrow it would only be 4 days counting the surgery date.

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

5-23-05 Kiwi's Friend is pregnant and will be having a Nuchal Translucency test next week. Her husband is not able to go to the appt with her and she could use our thoughts and prayers during this time.

6-20-05 Anonymous - I have an unspoken request. And my prayers and thoughts go to everyone on this post. Thank you.

6-20-05 CEW - Please add my Aunt Marilyn to the prayer list. She fell while out for her morning walk yesterday morning. Unsure if she suffered a stroke, but has not yet gained consciousness. Had bleeding in the brain and a hole was drilled in her skull to relieve the pressure. We are waiting to hear from my cousin this morning to find out if she has suffered any brain damage and what the prognosis is. Thank you.

6-20-05 violetRose's friend - Could you all please pray for my friend Summer, she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. Please also pray for her husband Cal, who is her rock at this time. They are in the process of deciding treatment. 6-22-05 update - Further tests revealed bad news. Cancer was found in her Kidneys, Liver and possibly her bones. Surgery will be scheduled for July followed by kemo. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

6-23-05 CorkyGirl's In-laws - 8-16-05 Update on my mother-in-law. She is home and doing much better. She says she is like a rubber band, she just keeping bouncing back. I don't know how long before the leg is bad again but I'm glad she is doing much better.

6-28-05 Plain Scared - I've just learned that I have a nodule in my breast and have scheduled an appointment with a surgeon for further treatment. (I have to wait a long two weeks for the appointment) Please say a prayer for me that this nodule is of the non-cancerous type or if it is cancer, please pray that I have the strength and courage necessary for the ordeal. I've survived a couple of bouts with melenoma and an wondering how many times I can "dodge the bullet." Right now I'm just plain scared.

7-15-05 ABrown's Mother-in-law - I would like to request prayers for my Mother-in-law. She has beaten lung cancer twice and we have been told now that she may either have pneumonia (treatable) OR a wide spread cancer that they can do nothing for.

7-22-05 Cat Woman's Mom - She is going thru a really stressful time at work. She had found out she has MS a couple of years ago, and I'm very afraid that the stress she is under will cause an attack.

8-1-05 deppfan's customer - Please pray for one of our customers. She lost her husband a little less than a year ago, and a little after midnight, her 19 yr. old son was killed in a car accident. She is a wonderful woman with two daughters still at home, one of whom had tick fever as a young child and is severely handicapped as a result. Please hold her up in prayer.

8-3-05 Beagle Queen and Mom- I could use some prayers. The doctor has found a large tumor in my mother's bladder. 8-12-05 update Happy news, my mom is out of surgery and they feel that they got it all. The tumor will go for tests, but it looks like cancer. Happy news is they don't think it has spread outside of the bladder. She is up and talking and will go home soon if everything goes well. YYIIPPEEEE

08-03-05 Our bank received word that a former accounting officer who resigned a few weeks ago has liver failure. She is in her early fifties, has a 2 year old grandson and another grandbaby to be born in Dec.- - - but, our Ruthie has been placed in hospice care and doctors have given only 1 month left. Her husband, also early fifties, passed away about 3 months ago. Your prayers for her family would be appreciated. wacokid

Nanwa's family - Please include my mother-in-law and my husband and our family on the prayer list. 8-17-05 update - Ma is doing much better, now she is in the rehab center. Climbed out of bed during the night and fell, but didn't hurt herself. She is starting to eat and walk and talk about going home. That is a good sign!

8-8-05 Dawnie's MIL - If you'd add Jesse Sr's mother to the list I'd appreciate it. She's had a very bad year and we thought things were getting better but her blood pressure is dangerously low (80/45). She's lived a good life, and we don't wish her to suffer, but she also wants to live long enough to see the baby, so if ya'll could pray for her stregnth for a few more months I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

8-11-05 CSB's Grandson Bryce - Our first grandson was born on June 1 and thanks to a wonderful peditrician, it was discovered that his head was growing faster than his body, but it wasn't a visual thing. Only by her concern with some other symptoms and constant measuring, did she recommend a neurosurgeon in Nashville. Bryce was diagnosed with hydrocephalus and underwent his first surgery when he was six weeks old. Our son called Monday to tell us Bryce had developed a fever and they'd taken him back to Vanderbilt. He had the shunt removed on Tuesday, taking antibiotics to clear up the infection and is scheduled for surgery Friday morning to put a new shunt in.

8-16-05 CorkyGirl's neighbor - A friend and neighbor that was watering our plants while we were on vacation tried to commit suicide while we were gone. She lives with depression that apparently sent her down pretty hard this time. She is in the hospital, don't know for how long this time, with no family in Illinois.

Communal Requests:
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes.
Last edited by waldensouth; 08/17/05 06:27 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297846 - 08/17/05 05:36 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-16-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Ma is doing much better, now she is in the rehab center. Climbed out of bed during the night and fell, but didn't hurt herself. She is starting to eat and walk and talk about going home. That is a good sign!

Now, my aunt from the Chicago area calls. She and my uncle are 82 and 83 years old. Seems they have tons of doctor bills, and finally broke down to call and ask for a loan. I gave them what I could; don't expect to see that money ever again. They have already tapped their kids out; they are living with their daughter.

The problem is: all of these people never expected to live this long. They expected social security and medicare to take care of everything. So, instead of saving for their future, they gave everything to their kids when they hit rough spots. That's not wrong; that's what families do for each other. It is just so hard to see them struggling at this point in their lives.

Return to Top
#297847 - 08/19/05 12:38 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. 8-20-05 update - We came home last Friday afternoon. Keeping Jonathan down is going to be hard. Since the day we came home, he wants to run and jump and play. The doctors said he can do what he feels up to but no rough housing, no wrestling, no jumping off of furniture, no swing sets, no swimming pool, no riding bikes and no falling on his chest. I am thankful that he is recovering so well and wants to run and jump

6-23-05 CorkyGirl's In-laws - 8-16-05 Update on my mother-in-law. She is home and doing much better. She says she is like a rubber band, she just keeping bouncing back. I don't know how long before the leg is bad again but I'm glad she is doing much better.

6-28-05 Plain Scared - I've just learned that I have a nodule in my breast and have scheduled an appointment with a surgeon for further treatment. (I have to wait a long two weeks for the appointment) Please say a prayer for me that this nodule is of the non-cancerous type or if it is cancer, please pray that I have the strength and courage necessary for the ordeal. I've survived a couple of bouts with melenoma and an wondering how many times I can "dodge the bullet." Right now I'm just plain scared.

Nanwa's family - Please include my mother-in-law and my husband and our family on the prayer list. 8-17-05 update - Ma is doing much better, now she is in the rehab center. Climbed out of bed during the night and fell, but didn't hurt herself. She is starting to eat and walk and talk about going home. That is a good sign!

8-16-05 CorkyGirl's neighbor - A friend and neighbor that was watering our plants while we were on vacation tried to commit suicide while we were gone. She lives with depression that apparently sent her down pretty hard this time. She is in the hospital, don't know for how long this time, with no family in Illinois.

8-19-05 AngelinaLM's Mom - Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She'll have an operation September 15th as this is her second bout with it. Please keep AngelinaLM, her mother and their entire family in your prayers.

8-20-05 Truffle Royale's son - My son walked away from a car accident yesterday that should have killed him. He's fine physically, but really down on himself mentally because of the financial hardship this will cause his family. Construction workers don't get sick time and he's not to work for at least a week. If, after praying that God helps all those that need physical healing you have a prayer left, could you say it for my son so he understands why God has given him this experience and what he should learn from it.

Communal Requests:
Last edited by waldensouth; 08/22/05 06:55 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297848 - 08/19/05 08:59 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Cancer seems to be a big topic on this thread. I for one am going to start a prayer for my daily use that someone find a cure for this awful and spreading disease!!

Return to Top
#297849 - 08/20/05 11:22 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Thankfully, the prayers I need to ask for are not for bodily mending. My son walked away from a car accident yesterday that should have killed him. He swerved to miss a deer and rolled his van a couple times. Sparing you all the details, he's fine physically, but really down on himself mentally because of the financial hardship this will cause his family. Construction workers don't get sick time and he's not to work for at least a week. If, after praying that God helps all those that need physical healing you have a prayer left, could you say it for my son so he understands why God has given him this experience and what he should learn from it.

Return to Top
#297850 - 08/21/05 05:28 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Wow, TR. Definitely sending lots of prayers. I'm relieved to hear he's ok.

Return to Top
#297851 - 08/21/05 11:45 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
TR, I'm only glad he is OK! Vans are replaceable, HE is not!!!!! I'll be thinking of y'all.

Return to Top
#297852 - 08/22/05 12:47 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Truffle, I am glad that God blessed him by letting him walk away! I can totally sympathize with him, I know how hard it is when one without paid time off is off work. My hubby was a self employed construction worker and fell off a roof. 3 months with no pay from a shattered ankle sure taught us a thing or 2. I pray that he sees why it happened and why he was not seriously hurt, someone was watching over him.

Return to Top
#297853 - 08/24/05 12:47 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Just when you think things can't get worse! Ma had the colon cancer surgery two weeks ago. She is starting to do better. So now, Dad broke his leg. Sister in law was taking them both out for a drive. When they got back, she got Dad out of the car, then went around to get Ma. He took two steps and fell. Needs pins and/or rods in his femur. But they can't operate until the blood thinners he is on for his heart work out of his system. Maybe Thursday. I don't know how much more the kids can take.

Please pray for strength for the family. We appreciate all the prayers you have sent so far!

Return to Top
#297854 - 08/24/05 01:09 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-24-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. 8-20-05 update - We came home last Friday afternoon. Keeping Jonathan down is going to be hard. Since the day we came home, he wants to run and jump and play. The doctors said he can do what he feels up to but no rough housing, no wrestling, no jumping off of furniture, no swing sets, no swimming pool, no riding bikes and no falling on his chest. I am thankful that he is recovering so well and wants to run and jump

Nanwa's family - Please include my mother-in-law and my husband and our family on the prayer list. 8-24-05 update - Ma had the colon cancer surgery two weeks ago. She is starting to do better. So now, Dad broke his leg. Sister in law was taking them both out for a drive. When they got back, she got Dad out of the car, then went around to get Ma. He took two steps and fell. Needs pins and/or rods in his femur. But they can't operate until the blood thinners he is on for his heart work out of his system. Maybe Thursday. I don't know how much more the kids can take.

8-11-05 CSB's Grandson Bryce - Our first grandson was born on June 1, was diagnosed with hydrocephalus and underwent his first surgery when he was six weeks old. 8-24-05 update - Our grandson got out of the hospital last Thursday, following an infection he received after his third surgery. We saw him, held him and he is doing so much better. Please continue to keep him in your prayers as any infection can be very dangerous to his life. Thank you so much for the prayers.

8-16-05 CorkyGirl's neighbor - A friend and neighbor that was watering our plants while we were on vacation tried to commit suicide while we were gone. She lives with depression that apparently sent her down pretty hard this time. 8-24-05 update - she's out of the hospital and home.

8-19-05 AngelinaLM's Mom - Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She'll have an operation September 15th as this is her second bout with it. Please keep AngelinaLM, her mother and their entire family in your prayers.

8-20-05 Truffle Royale's son - My son walked away from a car accident yesterday that should have killed him. He's fine physically, but really down on himself mentally because of the financial hardship this will cause his family. Construction workers don't get sick time and he's not to work for at least a week. If, after praying that God helps all those that need physical healing you have a prayer left, could you say it for my son so he understands why God has given him this experience and what he should learn from it.

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks.

Communal Requests:
Last edited by waldensouth; 08/25/05 12:39 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297855 - 08/24/05 01:26 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-24-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is CSB. Our grandson got out of the hospital last Thursday, following an infection he received after his third surgery. We saw him, held him and he is doing so much better. Please continue to keep him in your prayers as any infection can be very dangerous to his life. Thank you so much for the prayers.

Return to Top
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett