BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
Thread Options
#297906 - 10/26/05 03:36 PM Re: Prayer List 10-21-05
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
9-8-05 Kiwi's Friend - I would like to add a co-worker and friend to the prayer list. She has known since her first ultrasound that her little baby boy will not survive after he is born. He has a disorder that did not allow his brain to develop correctly from the beginning, so there is not much they can do. Please keep them in your thoughts in the coming weeks.

Chance was born on 9/22 and passed away today. He was a beautiful baby and I had the opportunity to hold him last week. They had more time than they were initially told and I know they cherished every extra moment. They have been very strong through all of this. Please keep their family in your prayers.

Return to Top
#297907 - 10/26/05 03:45 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:18-20

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 9-11-05 update - Lynne got to come home from the hospital yesterday. She is doing pretty good, but pain from the surgery is still a big issue for her. We really appreciate all the prayers that have been said already for her.

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05.
9-9-05 update - Natalie home for at least two weeks and doing well! 10-11-05 update - Natalie today is doing really well. Her labs from last week are steady, she still has the PTC tube in her belly, and she continues to take her 7 medications like a champ. We will go back to Children's on October 13 for a clinic visit.

8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma began treatment1-18-05. 6-23-05 update - The right lung showed PET positive and the left lung was PET tive.........However, my oncologist still thinks these are due to spores. He has scheduled another CAT Scan for July 22nd....We will probably continue CTs once a month for awhile....If there is any activity, we will be on top of it......I will begin radiation next week and maintenance Chemo in early November. Thanks for the prayers.

1-5-05 Little Sister's niece - cancer returned

1-5-05 Fraud pup's friend's son, Zakery - almost drowned, still recovering

1-5-05 obx nut's Mom - stroke, unable to walk, in nursing home

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-7-05 Bear Collector's Dad - Hospitalized with Heart Attack

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child. 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Please continue to pray, I don't know where to turn to now.

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 6/13/05 UPDATE: My friend's husband's cancer is very aggressive and spreading. He had surgery last week to remove part of his stomach, colon, pancreas and the 3rd vertabrae in his spine. He got through the surgery but it is still too early to know the outcome. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. 6-9-05 update - My friend Sondra received her first set of results back. They are not good. It appears we're turning the corner towards a darker side of the disease. Without a donor, she has just a few years to live at most. 7-7-05 update This week, because the results were so very very bad, they brought her down for more testing. She just found out that the results that frightened us all were an absolute fluke. The doctor is shocked and ran these tests more than once because they were so much better. While she is still battling luekemia and will until a transplant is found, she's not looking at a short six to nine months anymore. They are fully confident that these results are very accurate, and basically put her back at her earlier level, which means a few years to fight or find that transplant. We're very relieved, and I'm sure the prayer and support that has gone out on her behalf has helped in what looked to be a hopeless situation. Thank you all!!!!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

6-20-05 CEW - Please add my Aunt Marilyn to the prayer list. She fell while out for her morning walk yesterday morning. Unsure if she suffered a stroke, but has not yet gained consciousness. Had bleeding in the brain and a hole was drilled in her skull to relieve the pressure. We are waiting to hear from my cousin this morning to find out if she has suffered any brain damage and what the prognosis is. Thank you.

6-20-05 violetRose's friend - Could you all please pray for my friend Summer, she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. Please also pray for her husband Cal, who is her rock at this time. They are in the process of deciding treatment. 6-22-05 update - Further tests revealed bad news. Cancer was found in her Kidneys, Liver and possibly her bones. Surgery will be scheduled for July followed by kemo. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

7-15-05 ABrown's Mother-in-law - I would like to request prayers for my Mother-in-law. She has beaten lung cancer twice and we have been told now that she may either have pneumonia (treatable) OR a wide spread cancer that they can do nothing for.

8-3-05 Beagle Queen and Mom- I could use some prayers. The doctor has found a large tumor in my mother's bladder. 8-12-05 update Happy news, my mom is out of surgery and they feel that they got it all. The tumor will go for tests, but it looks like cancer. Happy news is they don't think it has spread outside of the bladder. She is up and talking and will go home soon if everything goes well. YYIIPPEEEE

08-03-05 Our bank received word that a former accounting officer who resigned a few weeks ago has liver failure. She is in her early fifties, has a 2 year old grandson and another grandbaby to be born in Dec.- - - but, our Ruthie has been placed in hospice care and doctors have given only 1 month left. Her husband, also early fifties, passed away about 3 months ago. Your prayers for her family would be appreciated. wacokid

8-8-05 Dawnie's MIL - If you'd add Jesse Sr's mother to the list I'd appreciate it. She's had a very bad year and we thought things were getting better but her blood pressure is dangerously low (80/45). She's lived a good life, and we don't wish her to suffer, but she also wants to live long enough to see the baby, so if ya'll could pray for her stregnth for a few more months I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

8-19-05 AngelinaLM's Mom - Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She'll have an operation September 15th as this is her second bout with it. Please keep AngelinaLM, her mother and their entire family in your prayers. 10-4-05 update - Update from me. Mom is doing great. Everything came back from pathology NEGATIVE!!! WOO HOO. Unfortunately, and know that she wouldnt like me telling everyone this, she has loss use of her bladder. They are working on that now

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks. 10-4-05 update - Mom is in good spirits after her first two chemo's, she just took the plunge and shaved her sparce head. A bunch of friends from her church threw her a hat and scarf party. She got more than 40 head coverings, some funny, some practicle. She is on pain meds and sleeps most of the time, but she still has her sence of humor, which is good.

8-28-05 anonymous’s twin sister - Please pray for my twin sister who as bone and lung cancer. Pray for the doctors to do the best they can to rid her of the cancer cells and pray for her strenght and determination to fight.

8-28-05 Kansayaku - I just heard from my brother that his wife's younger sister has just been given approximately six months to live. She has cancer and will be leaving behind a husband and three daughters all under the teenage years. Please lift up your prayers for her and her family as they try to understand and accept God's will.

9-8-05 Kiwi's Friend - I would like to add a co-worker and friend to the prayer list. She has known since her first ultrasound that her little baby boy will not survive after he is born. He has a disorder that did not allow his brain to develop correctly from the beginning, so there is not much they can do. Please keep them in your thoughts in the coming weeks. 10-26-05 update - Chance was born on 9/22 and passed away today. He was a beautiful baby and I had the opportunity to hold him last week. They had more time than they were initially told and I know they cherished every extra moment. They have been very strong through all of this. Please keep their family in your prayers.

9-9-05 Skittle's Father - My father has been diagnosed with emphysema (spelling?), arythmia and tacticardia within the last several weeks. He has no energy because oxygen is not getting to his muscles and organs. He's only 83 (his father lived to be 96) and I always thought he would follow suit. This is very difficult on me, especially since I moved 500+ miles away in April. 10-13-05 update - My father's health is continuing to deteriorate. He can barely shuffle across a parking lot and only 3 years ago no one (and I mean no one) could keep up with him. They found an irregularity on a stress test last week and next Monday he goes to a cardiologist and on Tuesday he goes to a lung doctor (Pulmonologist?). Keep your fingers crossed that they determine what his problem is and can help him regain his strength. 10-26-05 update - Thank you so much for continuing to include my father. We have found out recently that his lungs are clear and he doesn't have any blockage around his heart. What he does have is his arteries have narrowed around his heart due to his diabetes (Type 2). They are now giving him a blood thinner and hopefully this will help him. He feels fine unless he has to do anything with physical activity involved - including taking out the garbage.

9-9-05 AnnL's friend Paul - Please add prayers for Paul. He is the 2year old son of a friend who has aplastic anemia. His uncle died of this when we were all friends as teenagers so of course the family is just devasted at the thought of going through this again with little Paul!

9-21-05 David Dickenson's daughter Amanda - senior in high school diagnosed with Crohn's disease. 10-3-05 update - home from hospital, struggling to regain strength and get caught up with school. Getting used to the medication and its side affects.

10-05-05 Go 4 It Granny's Friend Rita and family - She was diagnosed with cancer in late July. She was admitted into the hospital the day of Katrina and has not been released. I received a call last night from her daughter.....she is dying. Her organs are beginning to shut down. She ca lled her children and husband to her bedside, telling them t! hat she enjoyed her life with all of them, she loved them, she was not afraid to die, and she was ready. please, please pray for her, for the salvation of her soul, and comfort for her family.....

10-7-05 Waco Kid - Well, the Waco Kid is at it again, stress fractures in 2 bones in the old left foot. As the podiatrist said, "Bummer". So I am partially on crutches and back in boot again. Please help me to have patience, one more time....

10-21-05 Slick -I just found out my grandpa - the center of my universe - has congestive heart failure. I have had to deal with a suicide in March and now, this past weekend my 27 year old cousin was murdered by his girlfriend. He left behind so many loved ones and his 1 1/2 yr old son, Cadence. Jeramy and I shared a birthday and now for the rest of my life that day will never be the same. Please pray for me and my family. This is so hard. His parents are not handling this well and in all honesty, his sister will most likely need professional help to get through this. May he rest in peace and may justice be served.

10-26-05 Cat Woman's Nana - She just fell yesterday and broke her hip. My Papa passed away Christmas Day last year, and she's been slowly declining ever since. She is going to be having surgery today. Thank you.

10-28-05 Anonymous'Father - My dad is having surgery on his carotid artery tuesday (november 1st). Please keep him and my family in your prayers. He had a heart attack June 2004 induced while putting in a stint in an artery in the lower chamber of his heart. I am so scared but I hear this artery is much less risky because it's larger. Please keep up in your prayers. I am worried sick. Thank you and God Bless

Communal Requests:
Everyone affected by Hurricanes Katrina,Rita,& Wilma; those who have lost loved ones, who are homeless, who are without hope or resources.
All those grieving over the loss of a loved one.
All of those suffering from a chronic illness.
All of our military troops wherever they are serving our country.
All those who live with violence and poverty, without hope.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes
Last edited by waldensouth; 10/28/05 08:24 PM.
Return to Top
#297908 - 10/26/05 04:54 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Thank you so much for continuing to include my father. We have found out recently that his lungs are clear and he doesn't have any blockage around his heart. What he does have is his arteries have narrowed around his heart due to his diabetes (Type 2). They are now giving him a blood thinner and hopefully this will help him. He feels fine unless he has to do anything with physical activity involved - including taking out the garbage.

BTW - I'm going to 'surprise' him next month by flying up on his birthday and spend the weekend. My parents do not know that I'm coming.

Return to Top
#297909 - 10/26/05 04:55 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I feel for these parents. I cannot imagine knowing that your child will not survive prior to birth. They must be devastated. I will pray for them.

Thank you so much for continuing to include my father. We have found out recently that his lungs are clear and he doesn't have any blockage around his heart. What he does have is his arteries have narrowed around his heart due to his diabetes (Type 2). They are now giving him a blood thinner and hopefully this will help him. He feels fine unless he has to do anything with physical activity involved - including taking out the garbage.

BTW - I'm going to 'surprise' him next month by flying up on his birthday and spend the weekend. My parents do not know that I'm coming.

Return to Top
#297910 - 10/26/05 05:05 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
Can you add my Nana to the list? She just fell yesterday and broke her hip. My Papa passed away Christmas Day last year, and she's been slowly declining ever since. She is going to be having surgery today. Thank you.

Return to Top
#297911 - 10/26/05 07:34 PM Re: Prayer List 10-21-05
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

They had more time than they were initially told and I know they cherished every extra moment. They have been very strong through all of this. Please keep their family in your prayers.

You bet I will. Thank God for the little extra time. I pray that God will lift them up and give them support and comfort. Please pass on my condolences.

Return to Top
#297912 - 10/26/05 08:32 PM Re: Prayer List 10-21-05
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
Quote:

Quote:

They had more time than they were initially told and I know they cherished every extra moment. They have been very strong through all of this. Please keep their family in your prayers.

You bet I will. Thank God for the little extra time. I pray that God will lift them up and give them support and comfort. Please pass on my condolences.

While we're at it, let's pray for their marriage. Losing a child is often devastating to a marriage.

Return to Top
#297913 - 10/26/05 08:34 PM Re: Prayer List 10-21-05
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Often it is, but it sometimes brings them closer to support each other too. My brother and sister-in-law had their baby still born 3 weeks before she was due a few months ago. I couldn't belive their strength and how well they supported each other.

Return to Top
#297914 - 10/27/05 12:20 PM Re: Prayer List 10-03-05
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

Hang in there Slick. People with congestive heart failure can live a long time, provided they take care of themselves and the Lord allows them to. My mom was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and lived 7 more good years.

But don't wait to let him know how much he means to you.

As for the murder and suicide, I pray God brings the guilty to justice and that you may find peace and closure. As time passes, you will always remember that day, but the saddness will become easier to bear as your life continues and adds more positive events to your memories. And there will be more positive times.

Thank you so much for the thought. I know things will get easier. Maybe for me. But my grandfather is not taking the news well about his illness. And Jeramy's sister is not doing well at all. They were not your typical siblings. They were inseperable. She is having a rough time. I am doing ok. But thanks to any of you who will say a prayer for my grandpa and Jereamy's sister. (and his baby)

Return to Top
#297915 - 10/31/05 02:13 PM Re: Prayer List 10-03-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am asking for prayers today and tomorrow for a co-worker. Marion was diagnosed with a very, very early stage leukemia a couple of years ago and the Dr's have been watching her carefully since then. I don't understand it but they could not do anything until it progressed to a certain stage. She has blood tests tomorrow and an appointment with the cancer dr as well as a "beathing dr" as she calls him tomorrow. The leukemia has progressed and she is having a lot of trouble with her breathing as well as the fact that her voice is always hoarse now days. She is a very, very dear women, always giving to others and she is scared right now (I think she probably should be). She talks to be since I understand, having been through breast cancer and I give her what support and love I can. Please pray for her, for the strength to handle whatever they find.

Return to Top
#297916 - 10/31/05 02:15 PM Re: Prayer List 10-03-05
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
This post is from me, I thought I was logged in. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Return to Top
#297917 - 10/31/05 06:41 PM Re: Prayer List 10-31-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 9-11-05 update - Lynne got to come home from the hospital yesterday. She is doing pretty good, but pain from the surgery is still a big issue for her. We really appreciate all the prayers that have been said already for her.

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05.
9-9-05 update - Natalie home for at least two weeks and doing well! 10-11-05 update - Natalie today is doing really well. Her labs from last week are steady, she still has the PTC tube in her belly, and she continues to take her 7 medications like a champ. We will go back to Children's on October 13 for a clinic visit.

8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5. 10-31-05 update - The transplant was a success. The bone marrow biopsy from last week showed no further signs of the Hodgkin's Disease!!! He battled this form of form of lymphoma (lymphatic cancer) 3 times over the course of his life and this is great news!

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma began treatment1-18-05. 6-23-05 update - The right lung showed PET positive and the left lung was PET tive.........However, my oncologist still thinks these are due to spores. He has scheduled another CAT Scan for July 22nd....We will probably continue CTs once a month for awhile....If there is any activity, we will be on top of it......I will begin radiation next week and maintenance Chemo in early November. Thanks for the prayers.

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child. 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Please continue to pray, I don't know where to turn to now.

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 6/13/05 UPDATE: My friend's husband's cancer is very aggressive and spreading. He had surgery last week to remove part of his stomach, colon, pancreas and the 3rd vertabrae in his spine. He got through the surgery but it is still too early to know the outcome. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. 6-9-05 update - My friend Sondra received her first set of results back. They are not good. It appears we're turning the corner towards a darker side of the disease. Without a donor, she has just a few years to live at most. 7-7-05 update This week, because the results were so very very bad, they brought her down for more testing. She just found out that the results that frightened us all were an absolute fluke. The doctor is shocked and ran these tests more than once because they were so much better. While she is still battling luekemia and will until a transplant is found, she's not looking at a short six to nine months anymore. They are fully confident that these results are very accurate, and basically put her back at her earlier level, which means a few years to fight or find that transplant. We're very relieved, and I'm sure the prayer and support that has gone out on her behalf has helped in what looked to be a hopeless situation. Thank you all!!!!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

6-20-05 CEW - Please add my Aunt Marilyn to the prayer list. She fell while out for her morning walk yesterday morning. Unsure if she suffered a stroke, but has not yet gained consciousness. Had bleeding in the brain and a hole was drilled in her skull to relieve the pressure. We are waiting to hear from my cousin this morning to find out if she has suffered any brain damage and what the prognosis is. Thank you.

6-20-05 violetRose's friend - Could you all please pray for my friend Summer, she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. Please also pray for her husband Cal, who is her rock at this time. They are in the process of deciding treatment. 6-22-05 update - Further tests revealed bad news. Cancer was found in her Kidneys, Liver and possibly her bones. Surgery will be scheduled for July followed by kemo. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

7-15-05 ABrown's Mother-in-law - I would like to request prayers for my Mother-in-law. She has beaten lung cancer twice and we have been told now that she may either have pneumonia (treatable) OR a wide spread cancer that they can do nothing for.

8-3-05 Beagle Queen and Mom- I could use some prayers. The doctor has found a large tumor in my mother's bladder. 8-12-05 update Happy news, my mom is out of surgery and they feel that they got it all. The tumor will go for tests, but it looks like cancer. Happy news is they don't think it has spread outside of the bladder. She is up and talking and will go home soon if everything goes well. YYIIPPEEEE

08-03-05 Our bank received word that a former accounting officer who resigned a few weeks ago has liver failure. She is in her early fifties, has a 2 year old grandson and another grandbaby to be born in Dec.- - - but, our Ruthie has been placed in hospice care and doctors have given only 1 month left. Her husband, also early fifties, passed away about 3 months ago. Your prayers for her family would be appreciated. wacokid

8-8-05 Dawnie's MIL - If you'd add Jesse Sr's mother to the list I'd appreciate it. She's had a very bad year and we thought things were getting better but her blood pressure is dangerously low (80/45). She's lived a good life, and we don't wish her to suffer, but she also wants to live long enough to see the baby, so if ya'll could pray for her stregnth for a few more months I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

8-19-05 AngelinaLM's Mom - Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She'll have an operation September 15th as this is her second bout with it. Please keep AngelinaLM, her mother and their entire family in your prayers. 10-4-05 update - Update from me. Mom is doing great. Everything came back from pathology NEGATIVE!!! WOO HOO. Unfortunately, and know that she wouldnt like me telling everyone this, she has loss use of her bladder. They are working on that now

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks. 10-4-05 update - Mom is in good spirits after her first two chemo's, she just took the plunge and shaved her sparce head. A bunch of friends from her church threw her a hat and scarf party. She got more than 40 head coverings, some funny, some practicle. She is on pain meds and sleeps most of the time, but she still has her sence of humor, which is good.

8-28-05 anonymous’s twin sister - Please pray for my twin sister who as bone and lung cancer. Pray for the doctors to do the best they can to rid her of the cancer cells and pray for her strenght and determination to fight.

8-28-05 Kansayaku - I just heard from my brother that his wife's younger sister has just been given approximately six months to live. She has cancer and will be leaving behind a husband and three daughters all under the teenage years. Please lift up your prayers for her and her family as they try to understand and accept God's will.

9-8-05 Kiwi's Friend - I would like to add a co-worker and friend to the prayer list. She has known since her first ultrasound that her little baby boy will not survive after he is born. He has a disorder that did not allow his brain to develop correctly from the beginning, so there is not much they can do. Please keep them in your thoughts in the coming weeks. 10-26-05 update - Chance was born on 9/22 and passed away today. He was a beautiful baby and I had the opportunity to hold him last week. They had more time than they were initially told and I know they cherished every extra moment. They have been very strong through all of this. Please keep their family in your prayers.

9-9-05 Skittle's Father - My father has been diagnosed with emphysema (spelling?), arythmia and tacticardia within the last several weeks. He has no energy because oxygen is not getting to his muscles and organs. He's only 83 (his father lived to be 96) and I always thought he would follow suit. This is very difficult on me, especially since I moved 500+ miles away in April. 10-13-05 update - My father's health is continuing to deteriorate. He can barely shuffle across a parking lot and only 3 years ago no one (and I mean no one) could keep up with him. They found an irregularity on a stress test last week and next Monday he goes to a cardiologist and on Tuesday he goes to a lung doctor (Pulmonologist?). Keep your fingers crossed that they determine what his problem is and can help him regain his strength. 10-26-05 update - Thank you so much for continuing to include my father. We have found out recently that his lungs are clear and he doesn't have any blockage around his heart. What he does have is his arteries have narrowed around his heart due to his diabetes (Type 2). They are now giving him a blood thinner and hopefully this will help him. He feels fine unless he has to do anything with physical activity involved - including taking out the garbage.

9-9-05 AnnL's friend Paul - Please add prayers for Paul. He is the 2year old son of a friend who has aplastic anemia. His uncle died of this when we were all friends as teenagers so of course the family is just devasted at the thought of going through this again with little Paul!

9-21-05 David Dickenson's daughter Amanda - senior in high school diagnosed with Crohn's disease. 10-3-05 update - home from hospital, struggling to regain strength and get caught up with school. Getting used to the medication and its side affects.

10-05-05 Go 4 It Granny's Friend Rita and family - She was diagnosed with cancer in late July. She was admitted into the hospital the day of Katrina and has not been released. I received a call last night from her daughter.....she is dying. Her organs are beginning to shut down. She ca lled her children and husband to her bedside, telling them t! hat she enjoyed her life with all of them, she loved them, she was not afraid to die, and she was ready. please, please pray for her, for the salvation of her soul, and comfort for her family.....

10-7-05 Waco Kid - Well, the Waco Kid is at it again, stress fractures in 2 bones in the old left foot. As the podiatrist said, "Bummer". So I am partially on crutches and back in boot again. Please help me to have patience, one more time....

10-21-05 Slick -I just found out my grandpa - the center of my universe - has congestive heart failure. I have had to deal with a suicide in March and now, this past weekend my 27 year old cousin was murdered by his girlfriend. He left behind so many loved ones and his 1 1/2 yr old son, Cadence. Jeramy and I shared a birthday and now for the rest of my life that day will never be the same. Please pray for me and my family. This is so hard. His parents are not handling this well and in all honesty, his sister will most likely need professional help to get through this. May he rest in peace and may justice be served.

10-26-05 Cat Woman's Nana - She just fell yesterday and broke her hip. My Papa passed away Christmas Day last year, and she's been slowly declining ever since. She is going to be having surgery today. Thank you.

10-28-05 Anonymous'Father - My dad is having surgery on his carotid artery tuesday (november 1st). Please keep him and my family in your prayers. He had a heart attack June 2004 induced while putting in a stint in an artery in the lower chamber of his heart. I am so scared but I hear this artery is much less risky because it's larger. Please keep up in your prayers. I am worried sick. Thank you and God Bless 11-4-05 update - I wanted to let everyone know that my dad's (Eddie)surgery went well. They had to do a second catheterization on Wednesday and actually correct the artery with a stint. It was 90% blocked so he could have easily had a stroke. Thank God the doctor found it in time. Very little blood flow was getting to his brain on the one side. He's at home recovering. He still doesn't feel the greatest but he's been through a lot. He's in good spirits.
God bless all of you and thank you so much for your prayers. It felt nice and comforting knowing other people were praying for him.

Corkygirl's co-worker Marion - I am asking for prayers today and tomorrow for a co-worker. Marion was diagnosed with a very, very early stage leukemia a couple of years ago and the Dr's have been watching her carefully since then. I don't understand it but they could not do anything until it progressed to a certain stage. She has blood tests tomorrow and an appointment with the cancer dr as well as a "beathing dr" as she calls him tomorrow. The leukemia has progressed and she is having a lot of trouble with her breathing as well as the fact that her voice is always hoarse now days. She is a very, very dear women, always giving to others and she is scared right now (I think she probably should be). She talks to be since I understand, having been through breast cancer and I give her what support and love I can. Please pray for her, for the strength to handle whatever they find. 11-3-05 update - The one Dr gave her new medicine for the breathing problem and that is better but the Leukemia is still a battle for her. It seems to be playing games with her counts going up and down but never getting to whatever number they need to start agressive chemo. A women she met at the Dr office with the same condition committed sucide, she could not deal with it any longer. That bothers Marion a lot. Thank you for your prayers and keep them coming. She was given 6 to 7 years and it's been about 3 now.

Communal Requests:
Everyone affected by Hurricanes Katrina,Rita,& Wilma; those who have lost loved ones, who are homeless, who are without hope or resources.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from
Last edited by waldensouth; 11/04/05 06:28 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297918 - 10/31/05 06:56 PM Re: Prayer List 10-31-05
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Update to my request re:8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5.

The transplant was a success. The bone marrow biopsy from last week showed no further signs of the Hodgkin's Disease!!! He battled this form of form of lymphoma (lymphatic cancer) 3 times over the course of his life and this is great news!

Return to Top
#297919 - 10/31/05 07:39 PM Re: Prayer List 10-31-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is great news. Thank God for this.

Return to Top
#297920 - 11/03/05 05:41 PM Re: Prayer List 10-31-05
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
update on my request: Corkygirl's co-worker Marion - I am asking for prayers today and tomorrow for a co-worker. Marion was diagnosed with a very, very early stage leukemia a couple of years ago and the Dr's have been watching her carefully since then. I don't understand it but they could not do anything until it progressed to a certain stage. She has blood tests tomorrow and an appointment with the cancer dr as well as a "beathing dr" as she calls him tomorrow. The leukemia has progressed and she is having a lot of trouble with her breathing as well as the fact that her voice is always hoarse now days. She is a very, very dear women, always giving to others and she is scared right now (I think she probably should be). She talks to be since I understand, having been through breast cancer and I give her what support and love I can. Please pray for her, for the strength to handle whatever they find.

The one Dr gave her new medicine for the breathing problem and that is better but the Leukemia is still a battle for her. It seems to be playing games with her counts going up and down but never getting to whatever number they need to start agressive chemo. A women she met at the Dr office with the same condition committed sucide, she could not deal with it any longer. That bothers Marion a lot. Thank you for your prayers and keep them coming. She was given 6 to 7 years and it's been about 3 now.

Return to Top
#297921 - 11/03/05 09:54 PM Re: Prayer List 10-31-05
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Prayers still going up for Marion and her family.

Return to Top
#297922 - 11/08/05 06:58 PM Re: Prayer List 11-08-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth

8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5. 10-31-05 update - The transplant was a success. The bone marrow biopsy from last week showed no further signs of the Hodgkin's Disease!!! He battled this form of form of lymphoma (lymphatic cancer) 3 times over the course of his life and this is great news!

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks. 11-16-05 update - Mom is still going through chemo, doing good under the circumstances. Please keep her on your list. Her surjury is in December, hopefully after that she will get a clean bill of health and can be taken off the list.

10-05-05 Go 4 It Granny's Friend Rita and family - She was diagnosed with cancer in late July. She was admitted into the hospital the day of Katrina and has not been released. I received a call last night from her daughter.....she is dying. Her organs are beginning to shut down. She ca lled her children and husband to her bedside, telling them t! hat she enjoyed her life with all of them, she loved them, she was not afraid to die, and she was ready. please, please pray for her, for the salvation of her soul, and comfort for her family..... 11-9-05 update - My friend, diagnosed with cancer in late July, died yesterday afternoon. Please pray for her soul and comfort for her family....

10-28-05 Anonymous'Father - My dad is having surgery on his carotid artery tuesday (november 1st). Please keep him and my family in your prayers. He had a heart attack June 2004 induced while putting in a stint in an artery in the lower chamber of his heart. I am so scared but I hear this artery is much less risky because it's larger. Please keep up in your prayers. I am worried sick. Thank you and God Bless 11-4-05 update - I wanted to let everyone know that my dad's (Eddie)surgery went well. They had to do a second catheterization on Wednesday and actually correct the artery with a stint. It was 90% blocked so he could have easily had a stroke. Thank God the doctor found it in time. Very little blood flow was getting to his brain on the one side. He's at home recovering. He still doesn't feel the greatest but he's been through a lot. He's in good spirits.
God bless all of you and thank you so much for your prayers. It felt nice and comforting knowing other people were praying for him.

Corkygirl's co-worker Marion - I am asking for prayers today and tomorrow for a co-worker. Marion was diagnosed with a very, very early stage leukemia a couple of years ago and the Dr's have been watching her carefully since then. I don't understand it but they could not do anything until it progressed to a certain stage. She has blood tests tomorrow and an appointment with the cancer dr as well as a "beathing dr" as she calls him tomorrow. The leukemia has progressed and she is having a lot of trouble with her breathing as well as the fact that her voice is always hoarse now days. She is a very, very dear women, always giving to others and she is scared right now (I think she probably should be). She talks to be since I understand, having been through breast cancer and I give her what support and love I can. Please pray for her, for the strength to handle whatever they find. 11-3-05 update - The one Dr gave her new medicine for the breathing problem and that is better but the Leukemia is still a battle for her. It seems to be playing games with her counts going up and down but never getting to whatever number they need to start agressive chemo. A women she met at the Dr office with the same condition committed sucide, she could not deal with it any longer. That bothers Marion a lot. Thank you for your prayers and keep them coming. She was given 6 to 7 years and it's been about 3 now.

11-9-05 corkygirl's friend Karen - Please add my co-worker and friend Karen to the prayer list. Her mother died of breast cancer yesterday and they were very, very, very close. Her mom was in her mid to late 60's, not that old. When I talked to her Saturday her mom was very weak,back in the hospital and the family was talking about a nursing home. This will be very hard on Karen.

11-14-05 Truffle Royale's Brother - Could you all please pray for my brother? He collapsed last week while giving a seminar in San Francisco. After 2 surgeries to clamp a brain aneurism, the doctor's have him in a drug induced coma to give him time to heal. He's only 49. My family and I thank you.

Communal Requests:
Everyone affected by the tornados in Kentucy and Indiana - those who have lost loved ones, who are homeless,who are injured, who are without hope or resources.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from
Last edited by waldensouth; 11/17/05 01:54 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297923 - 11/08/05 10:58 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Please add my co-worker and friend Karen to the prayer list. Her mother died of breast cancer yesterday and they were very, very, very close. Her mom was in her mid to late 60's, not that old. When I talked to her Saturday her mom was very weak,back in the hospital and the family was talking about a nursing home. This will be very hard on Karen.

Return to Top
#297924 - 11/14/05 03:53 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Could you all please pray for my brother? He collapsed last week while giving a seminar in San Francisco. After 2 surgeries to clamp a brain aneurism, the doctor's have him in a drug induced coma to give him time to heal. He's only 49. My family and I thank you.

Return to Top
#297925 - 11/16/05 01:31 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
Could those of you who have concerns on the prayer list please contact me with an update and whether or not you wish your friend or family member to remain on the prayer list? thank you!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297926 - 11/16/05 01:52 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
Reed Offline
Diamond Poster
Reed
West Coast
Mom is still going through chemo, doing good under the circumstances. Please keep her on your list. Her surjury is in December, hopefully after that she will get a clean bill of health and can be taken off the list.

Return to Top
#297927 - 11/18/05 04:12 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
One of my customers, Roy, (and good friend of my boss) had a massive stroke this morning and the Dr.'s are not sure he will pull through. He is only in his 50's and is a home builder (so in pretty good shape). Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers for a recovery.

Thank you all!

Return to Top
#297928 - 11/18/05 05:23 PM Re: Prayer List 10-26-05
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Our good friend Roy Noble has passed away. Please pray for this wife, children, and granchildren.

Return to Top
#297929 - 11/18/05 06:59 PM Re: Prayer List 11-18-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks. 11-16-05 update - Mom is still going through chemo, doing good under the circumstances. Please keep her on your list. Her surjury is in December, hopefully after that she will get a clean bill of health and can be taken off the list.

10-05-05 Go 4 It Granny's Friend Rita and family - She was diagnosed with cancer in late July. She was admitted into the hospital the day of Katrina and has not been released. I received a call last night from her daughter.....she is dying. Her organs are beginning to shut down. She ca lled her children and husband to her bedside, telling them t! hat she enjoyed her life with all of them, she loved them, she was not afraid to die, and she was ready. please, please pray for her, for the salvation of her soul, and comfort for her family..... 11-9-05 update - My friend, diagnosed with cancer in late July, died yesterday afternoon. Please pray for her soul and comfort for her family....

11-9-05 corkygirl's friend Karen - Please add my co-worker and friend Karen to the prayer list. Her mother died of breast cancer yesterday and they were very, very, very close. Her mom was in her mid to late 60's, not that old. When I talked to her Saturday her mom was very weak,back in the hospital and the family was talking about a nursing home. This will be very hard on Karen.

11-14-05 Truffle Royale's Brother - Could you all please pray for my brother? He collapsed last week while giving a seminar in San Francisco. After 2 surgeries to clamp a brain aneurism, the doctor's have him in a drug induced coma to give him time to heal. He's only 49. My family and I thank you.

11-18-05 Builder Chick's Customer and friend - Our good friend Roy Noble has passed away. Please pray for this wife, children, and granchildren.

11-18-05 Dawnie and Eljay - may Dawnie's blood pressure stabilize and Eljay continue to eat heartily.

11-21-05 Okie Dokie's Friend, Dana - One of my coworkers just found out that her sister-in-law has been in a very bad car accident. She was pinned in the vehicle for a while and is now being life-flighted to a hospital about 3 hours away. The two people in the other vehicle died and it is not looking very good for Dana. Please pray for her and for the families of the other two victims.

Communal Requests:
Everyone affected by the tornados in Kentucy and Indiana - those who have lost loved ones, who are homeless,who are injured, who are without hope or resources.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes.
Last edited by waldensouth; 11/21/05 06:07 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297930 - 11/29/05 08:52 PM Re: Prayer List 11-18-05
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Just found out that one of the ladies I work with had a heart attack this morning here at work. They have taken her to the hospital and she has already been in surgery and had a stint put in... please pray for her.

This time of the year, everyone seems stressed with work, life and the fast pace of everything that is going on around them... let's remember to take the time and slow down and remember what this holiday season is all about. God bless everyone.

Return to Top
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett