BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#298152 - 01/04/05 09:06 PM Reg DD Disclosures
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Ok, sorry to be posting what is probably a very basic question (blame it too much eggnog over the holidays!)
When asked about our CD rates, is it acceptable to give the individual one of our rate sheets, and if so, do we have to give them anything else.
Our rate sheets include APR & APY, mins to open, rate subject to change without notice (on NOWs and MMAs).

Thoughts?

Thanks all.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#298153 - 01/04/05 11:16 PM Re: Reg DD Disclosures
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Keep in mind the rate sheet becomes an advertisement. Therefore, it should meet all of the advertising requirements, just like a newspaper advertisement. Also, to comply with ยง230.4(a)(2), I think you should add the date that the APY's were affective and how to contact the bank for current rates.

Return to Top
#298154 - 01/05/05 04:47 PM Re: Reg DD Disclosures
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I agree with David. This is really an opportunity to sell and you should handle it as such and make the complete set of disclosures. The intent shouldn't necessarily be asked and answered, but what can we do to gain or retain an account from this interested person.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett