BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#301002 - 01/10/05 01:50 AM Randy Moss = No Class
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I just finished watching the Vikings/Packers game and I have to say, this guy has a serious problem. I wasn't aware of his actions last week, but I have read about his diva behavior in the past, but his behavior in this game was inexcusable. At one point fox stayed on him for about 30 seconds while he cursed and swore at some Packer fans behind the Viking bench. There was no audio, but they didn't need it - you could read his lips very well. The little endzone "mooning" was the icing on the cake. Right now I kind of hope that they do make it to the Superbowl and that the Steelers shut him down and make him look like the fool he is. It is a shame that someone with that much talent has to behave like that.......

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#301003 - 01/10/05 02:35 AM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Right now I kind of hope that they do make it to the Superbowl and that the Steelers shut him down and make him look like the fool he is.

Sorry, Tom- but your cross-state neighbors are gonna shut Moss up and end his season next Sunday.

On a side note- I'd like to see what would happen if he even tried starting with Philly fans. Keep in mind, he'll be visiting the city that actually opened up a district court in Vet Stadium for on-the-spot arraignments during football games.

Return to Top
#301004 - 01/10/05 03:05 AM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
As a life long Vikings fan, I have to agree with everything the 2 of you have posted. Randy's a child and each year his antics get a little more obnoxious. Remember when he tried to run over the traffic cop a couple years ago? I can't believe that this kind of behavior (walking off the field before the end of the game, mooning the fans) is tolerated by the coaching staff & owner.

As a fan, I'm disgusted and embarassed.

Unless the defense that showed up today makes the trip next week (and, BTW, where were they all season??), we don't have a prayer in Philly.

Return to Top
#301005 - 01/10/05 03:11 AM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
I got to see this guy play when he was in college at Marshall. he was a no class loser then, and he is still one today. I'm a Steeler fan too, but I'll be happy if the Eagles shut him up next week.

Return to Top
#301006 - 01/10/05 03:35 AM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

I got to see this guy play when he was in college at Marshall. he was a no class loser then, and he is still one today. I'm a Steeler fan too, but I'll be happy if the Eagles shut him up next week.

No, not my sweet darling Randy who helped me win the BOL Fantasy Football championship!! Actually, it would have been a good week for me for receivers if we were still playing fantasy. My receivers, Wayne, Moss, Burleson, and Jackson scored 6 touchdowns.
Last edited by -Z-; 01/10/05 03:41 AM.

Return to Top
#301007 - 01/10/05 03:39 AM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
VioletRose Offline
100 Club
VioletRose
Land Of The Lost
I have to agree. He also cursed in the post game interview "we wuped their a$$". What's the point of that? They won, why be a jerk about it?

Return to Top
#301008 - 01/10/05 03:56 AM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
-Z-
that is funny, i had keyshawn on my team (not the bol fantasy league), and felt kind of guilty for using him because he is such an ego tripping loser. of course he wasn't much help anyway.

I just had an idea someone should get jeff george, keyshawn, randy moss, ricky williams and any other of these prima donna types all on the same team...oh wait didn't the redskins do something similar to this a few years ago?

Return to Top
#301009 - 01/10/05 01:14 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
While I agree it was classless, I think people are making WAY too big of a deal about it. I like intense rivalries. I like it when teams actually don't like each other.

Moss is a classless jerk, but all year after scoring a TD he was giving the ball to kids in the stands. ONE TIME he reacts to fans who were taunting him in a very heated rivalry/playoff game and people jump down his throat. I had no problem with him telling those fans to "stick it".

Return to Top
#301010 - 01/10/05 01:48 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Quote:

Quote:

Right now I kind of hope that they do make it to the Superbowl and that the Steelers shut him down and make him look like the fool he is.

Sorry, Tom- but your cross-state neighbors are gonna shut Moss up and end his season next Sunday.

On a side note- I'd like to see what would happen if he even tried starting with Philly fans. Keep in mind, he'll be visiting the city that actually opened up a district court in Vet Stadium for on-the-spot arraignments during football games.

You're right Jac, they likely won't make it past the Eagles, you guys can dispose of him so we won't have to see him anymore. I can just imagine the tantrum he will throw when they are eliminated.

An all PA Superbowl would be great. If it happens, we will have to make a virtual wager......

Return to Top
#301011 - 01/10/05 02:24 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I just finished watching the Vikings/Packers game and I have to say, this guy has a serious problem. I wasn't aware of his actions last week, but I have read about his diva behavior in the past, but his behavior in this game was inexcusable. At one point fox stayed on him for about 30 seconds while he cursed and swore at some Packer fans behind the Viking bench. There was no audio, but they didn't need it - you could read his lips very well. The little endzone "mooning" was the icing on the cake. Right now I kind of hope that they do make it to the Superbowl and that the Steelers shut him down and make him look like the fool he is. It is a shame that someone with that much talent has to behave like that.......

Randy Moss is rumored to be part of a commercial advertisement series that will begin during Super Bowl, and which will provide him a net of between $3 and $5 million. Anytime these people draw attention to themselves there seems to be a hidden agenda.

Return to Top
#301012 - 01/10/05 02:30 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I don't remember what football great said it, but when he was still playing, a rookie asked him why he didn't do a big celebration when he made a big play or scored a touchdown. His reply was somehting like "act like you've been there before and will be there again." I think many of the self-serving jerks in the NFL could learn from this. Funny how everyone keys only on Randy Moss. There are many more examples of no-class in the NFL. In fact, if TO plays this weekend, we could have 2 of the biggest jerks in the league playing. ANd boo to FOX for staying with his tireade. If they'd get less coverage of these antics, maybe they'd go away!?!

Return to Top
#301013 - 01/10/05 02:44 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Happy, that would be Marvin Lewis!

Return to Top
#301014 - 01/10/05 02:45 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

While I agree it was classless, I think people are making WAY too big of a deal about it. I like intense rivalries. I like it when teams actually don't like each other.

Moss is a classless jerk, but all year after scoring a TD he was giving the ball to kids in the stands. ONE TIME he reacts to fans who were taunting him in a very heated rivalry/playoff game and people jump down his throat. I had no problem with him telling those fans to "stick it".

I think it is more amazing that more pro athletes aren't classless jerks. Think about how good athletes are treated from grade school right into the pros and then in their lives after the pros. They are treated like gods. Who are we to think that we would not change if we were treated like that--particularly with the pitiful upbringing many of these athletes get (or don't get).

What kind of upbringing did Randy Moss have? It would take a lot of good parenting for a phenomenal athlete like him to keep his feet on the ground while all around him are telling him that he is god. What kind of upbringing did he have?

Maybe it isn't so much Randy Moss who is broken than it is the system that creates the Randy Mosses of the world. That is not to say that he is not responsible for his actions--he is. But what can we do to not create an environment where such a person can be created? For a start, we can all stop idolizing any pro athlete--even the nice guys. That commercial with Peyton Manning wanting to just touch his favorite accountant is a great comment on our society. That is the most ludicrous think I have ever seen. What is any less ludicrous about grown people acting this way about athletes, singers, actors, or politicians?

Return to Top
#301015 - 01/10/05 02:52 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I agree with the statement that James Brown said on Fox that what Moss did proves that class and talent don't always go together.

And what is up with his hair?

Return to Top
#301016 - 01/10/05 03:01 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Quote:

I don't remember what football great said it, but when he was still playing, a rookie asked him why he didn't do a big celebration when he made a big play or scored a touchdown. His reply was somehting like "act like you've been there before and will be there again." I think many of the self-serving jerks in the NFL could learn from this. Funny how everyone keys only on Randy Moss. There are many more examples of no-class in the NFL. In fact, if TO plays this weekend, we could have 2 of the biggest jerks in the league playing. ANd boo to FOX for staying with his tireade. If they'd get less coverage of these antics, maybe they'd go away!?!

I disagree with Booing Fox for the coverage (although they should be booed for the majority of their other programming). They knew he was going to celebrate, but they had no idea he was going to do something like that. As soon as it happened, the broadcasters chastised him for it and it didn't show it again. I'm glad that I was watching that game (I was looking for the Bears game), because Sportscenter didn't show it either and I wouldn't know what was going on.

I guess I just wonder what was so bad about it? Yeah it wasn't the best, but I thought that he was defacating on the field. When I found out it was just a moon, I couldn't see why people got so upset. I'd say TO's standing on the Dallas star was much more disrespectful.

Don't get me wrong, I think Moss is a punk. It's inexcusable how he walked off the field last week and his comments are way out of line. I like the majority of his celebrations though. I watched a game (I think it was against my Bears) where he caught two touchdown passes and gave them both to a child in a wheelchair. After that and then seeing him cheer for his teammates (how many offensive players do that for the defense) and play injured, I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion...

Return to Top
#301017 - 01/10/05 03:07 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
I agree with Blue. Moss's reputation is why this is getting so much conversation. If someone like Bobby Ingram from the Seahawks did this, no one would be talking about it.

Oh, and the quote about being there before is before even Marvin Lewis, though I am sure he has used it. I think it was made by, or at least in reference to, Barry Sanders. He always gave the ball to the Ref and jogged back to the bench.

Return to Top
#301018 - 01/10/05 03:18 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reading this thread made me think Moss actually dropped trou. He did not exactly "moon" the audience, but he did simulate it.

BTW: Denver quarterback Jake Plummer was fined $5,000 last month for making an obscene gesture to the Bronco crowd.

"Viking Coach Mike Tice said he didn't see Moss' gesture and he wasn't told about it.

'I don't even know what gesture you're talking about,' Tice said. 'The league will deal with that. That's not up to me. The league will take care of that just like they took care of the quarterback from Denver a few weeks ago. We don't walk around whispering what each other does at every moment.'

Moss has not spoken to print reporters since September.

A reporter from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel tried to engage him Sunday after the game.

If you're from Green Bay,' Moss snapped, 'to hell with you.'

'How about Milwaukee?' the reporter asked.

'No,' he said, walking away, 'you're part of Wisconsin, homey.'"

Return to Top
#301019 - 01/10/05 03:28 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

(I was looking for the Bears game)

What Bears' game?

Return to Top
#301020 - 01/10/05 03:40 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Quote:

Quote:

What Bears' game?

Well some of the other teams are still playing. Are they just exhibition games? I don't know why the Bears aren't playing anymore...

Return to Top
#301021 - 01/10/05 05:15 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
I too, a Vikings fan, was disgusted at Moss's childish behaviour.

Return to Top
#301022 - 01/10/05 05:28 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

And what is up with his hair?

A good sized portion of the team grew afros near the end of the season as a way of uniting in preparation to enter the playoffs. They are winning with the hair, and Tice said it is like something he did when he was a player.

Return to Top
#301023 - 01/10/05 05:29 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What Bears' game?

Well some of the other teams are still playing. Are they just exhibition games? I don't know why the Bears aren't playing anymore...

Other teams that made the playoffs are still playing. Teams, such the the Bears, who did not make the playoffs are working on their short game.

Return to Top
#301024 - 01/10/05 05:39 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What Bears' game?

Other teams that made the playoffs are still playing. Teams, such the the Bears, who did not make the playoffs are working on their short game.

What??? The Bears didn't make the playoffs? But the offensive coordinator gave the offense a B. I don't know why he was fired. And doesn't it make sense to take a defensive coordinator and make him the head coach of an offensively-challenged team? Geez...I guess I just don't know what it takes to get in the playoffs these days...

Return to Top
#301025 - 01/10/05 05:57 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to agree with whomever above said, "where have the Vikings been all year?"... I am a die-hard Pack fan and was really surprised how the Vikings just took them over. I have to admit, though, the Pack kept them from scoring when the Vikings had intercepted the ball. RM is a pig and I didn't really think much of his "mooning", but yes a lot of people think he should be fined.

Return to Top
#301026 - 01/10/05 06:15 PM Re: Randy Moss = No Class
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
My personal opinion is Randy Moss should be suspended. Take him out of the playoffs. The team will be ticked at him for ruining their chances and maybe he will finally realize what a jerk he is! Just because he gave a game ball to kid in a wheelchair doesn't make him a good person. Just ask the cop he almost ran down!

Many people I talked to today about the game said if the league doesn't do something about these idiots, they are going to quit watching and going to games! Even my beloved Bears have a team idiot (not counting the coaches ). Every time David Terrell does something good (and that is rarely) I just cringe to see what stupid thing he will do afterwards! They all need to sit down and watch the real greats (Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, et al.) and see how professional football players play the game.

I also hope whoever signed him for an ad changes their mind and pulls the ad for his outlandish behavior!

Lastly, does the hair remind you of anyone? Oh-Tay!

I'll get off my soapbox now!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4