Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#302160 - 01/11/05 06:36 PM Letter of Recommendation
Snowgirl Offline
Platinum Poster
I have been asked by a friend to write a letter of recommendation for her. I would appreciate any "samples" for wording if anyone is willing to share. You can PM me or send to my e-mail @ ddougherty@beobank.com. She needs this by tomorrow for an interview. Thanks for any help!

Return to Top
Human Resources
#302161 - 01/12/05 12:42 AM Re: Letter of Recommendation
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are doing this for other than a business that you own, unless you coach it as a personal recommendation, I would check with your HR department before committing anything to writing. The liability is too great and therefore, most times it is against company policy.

Return to Top
#302162 - 01/12/05 09:13 PM Re: Letter of Recommendation
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. I am not permitted to provide even a verbal reference for a former employee. All references must go through headquarters H/R, and all they will do is verify employment history. Salary only with written request and release.

Now, that isn't saying that it doesn't happen. This in an incestuous business and everyone knows someone at another bank, so QT references are a common practice, just covert.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry