Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#303634 - 05/06/05 07:25 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I don't think Ian makes F2, although there are conflicting rumors about who does.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#303635 - 05/06/05 08:13 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
The used this method several seasons ago (maybe someone can help me out on which one), but it was to try and encourage one of the voters to change their vote. So, the tribe votes, there's a tie, Jeff gives his little speech, and they vote again, knowing that if it is a tie again, they may be going home instead of the two getting votes. It would motivate me.

Return to Top
#303636 - 05/06/05 08:41 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I do remember it from a while ago-I think that is how Pascal got the boot. I just didnt remember that it was the non tied people that picked the rocks...certainly is an incentive to break the tie-I guess that is why Ian told katie at the last minute...

Return to Top
#303637 - 05/06/05 09:34 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Yeah, it was Pascal, as I recall...he drew the Purple Rock of Death instead of...uh...Neleh?

Return to Top
#303638 - 05/07/05 01:16 AM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Yes, it is the Purple Rock of Death ploy from Survivor: Marquesas (S4). Also known as the PROD. Allegedly MB and Jeff have said they won't do the PROD again, but who knows, they do lie. And so every season, people will do anything to avoid the PROD.

Return to Top
#303639 - 05/11/05 01:38 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

Early spoilers for next week: Car is the reward (as expected.) Red Corvette for Ian!

Immunity challenge - no word yet.

Boot - ordinarily, you'd expect to see Ian go home - the car winner usually does. However, perhaps he wins immunity, because Caryn is gone.

Confirming above information. Tom wins immunity. One of the challenges, I forget which, is a maze. In the water. I think it's Reward.

Return to Top
#303640 - 05/13/05 10:31 AM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
And so we see how it becomes possible that Katie wins this thing after all. Caryn will NOT vote for Tom and will take her poisonous whispers to the jury, where she's very likely to sway, at a minimum, Coby and Janu. Then when Jen gets the boot, she'll vote Katie and will most likely ensure Gregg does as well. And that's all it takes. Ian and Steph will probably still vote Tom, but that's not enough. Sigh. Too bad because I don't think Katie, with her "you hurt me - now give me a million dollars" deserves to win.

Return to Top
#303641 - 05/13/05 10:35 AM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Or maybe I'm wrong!!

Spoilers now indicate:

F4 challenge - build a tower of fire, use a zip line to descend. Tom wins, Jen gone.
F3 challenge - endurance, of course. Most likely to involve balance, and standing for long periods. One contestant holds on over 11 hours! Tom wins, Ian gone.
And the prediction is that Tom wins the jury vote! YAY! Now *that* I can live with.

Return to Top
#303642 - 05/13/05 01:34 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Love the spoilers...hope they are right! Tom deserves to win.

Return to Top
#303643 - 05/13/05 01:38 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
What the heck was Ian thinking bringing Tom on the joy ride? He had to tap dance his way out of that-looks like it will hurt him.

Return to Top
#303644 - 05/13/05 01:54 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
I think Ian wanted the girls to have some "alone" time to get together & decide to vote Tom off. If that would have happened & Ian would have won next week's immunity (which could have happened with Tom gone), he would have been safe from the girls and they would have to start picking each other off.

Return to Top
#303645 - 05/13/05 02:07 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I think Caryn was really silly to pull that at tribal council. I think it cost her the vote. But that is just MHO. I don't really care anymore which one wins, I just love the drama.

Return to Top
#303646 - 05/13/05 02:41 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

What I don't get is that Jen voted for Caryn! Her only hope was for the women to vote out the men. Then she could have won immunity. She has pretty much run 3rd in these last challenges. Does anyone get her thought process?

Return to Top
#303647 - 05/13/05 03:04 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I think Jen knew that Katie was sticking with Tom and Ian, so the women v. men was not going to happen. So, she sticks with the majority and hopes to win immunity at the next challenge. It is going to be a good finish.

Return to Top
#303648 - 05/13/05 04:36 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
JeloQuen Offline
JeloQuen
Middle America
I would love it if these latest predictions were correct. I'm not sure I could watch another season with a non-deserving winner!

Return to Top
#303649 - 05/13/05 06:23 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I can see it now: at the Survivor Reunion show, Caryn will be asked "Caryn, are you sorry you opened your big yap at that last tribal council? Have you had a chance to see the tape to see how ridiculously whiny and b****y you sounded?"

Return to Top
#303650 - 05/13/05 06:59 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I would LOVE it if Tom won, he so deserves it!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand Katie and wasn't going to be very happy if she does, she's very manipulative, especially of Ian.

Return to Top
#303651 - 05/13/05 07:03 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I watched every show, but did i miss something between ian and Katie? They acted like they had been friends since 1st grade, for crying out loud (no pun intended)...
Tom certainly does deserve it-he was able to run the show without being too overbearing...great job. I like Ian too, but I dont think he will get to the end.

Return to Top
#303652 - 05/13/05 07:36 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 (Palau) SPOILERS
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Tom has to continue winning the immunity challenges to stay in the game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Return to Top
#303653 - 05/16/05 01:32 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Ok, am I the only one who thinks Ian was crazy for deciding to just give it up after 11 hours of competing so that he could "have his friends back"?

The dude had only known them less than a month. Are those "friendships" worth a million bucks?

Return to Top
#303654 - 05/16/05 01:36 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I just thought that he determined that he didn't really stand a chance against Tom in the vote and that it saved face to look as though he were giving the opportunity to Katie, although knowing what most of the people thought about her, he probably knew what would happen to her as well.

Return to Top
#303655 - 05/16/05 01:37 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Ok, am I the only one who thinks Ian was crazy for deciding to just give it up after 11 hours of competing so that he could "have his friends back"?

The dude had only known them less than a month. Are those "friendships" worth a million bucks?

I agree...I was so mad, I almost quit watching right then and there. I'm all for integrity, but that was just plain stupid! stupid! stupid! What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#303656 - 05/16/05 01:37 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I agree iwth Kansayaku. He knew he didn't have a chance at the money, so he tried to salvage his pride for after the show. I think it worked too.

Return to Top
#303657 - 05/16/05 01:41 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Agreed-I liked both Ian and Tom, and would have loved to see them state their cases in front of the jury. Not that it matters, but Katie didnt do much to help her cause-she could have made an effort to answer Janu's question (frankly, Janu should not have been there anyway for quitting, but that is another issue). Tom was deserving and played a good, clean game.
Even though Katie stuck with her strategy of riding coat tails, that doesnt play well with the jury...This series was one of the better ones in a while. I hope the next one is as good.

Return to Top
#303658 - 05/16/05 01:56 PM Re: SURVIVOR 10 Finale
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I agree, this was one of my favorite suriviors out of them all. I'm very glad Tom won, well deserved! I love watching the reunion show after to see how different they all look. Tom was actually quite handsome (I thought anyway). Stephanie is quite pretty. Bobby Jon was easy on the eyes as well.

Return to Top
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9