Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#30346 - 08/29/02 09:51 PM Human Resources
BrendaW Offline
100 Club
BrendaW
Texas
Would it be possible to get a forum added to the Banker's Threads for Human Resources? I have been asked to develop an audit/review of our Human Resource Department and find nothing that will direct me to sites, etc on Banker's online......could this be an area to add....and expand???

Return to Top
General Discussion
#30347 - 08/29/02 10:31 PM Re: Human Resources
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
I am sure my Human Resoucres would love that.

Return to Top
#30348 - 08/29/02 10:50 PM Re: Human Resources
Anonymous
Unregistered

HR is one of the hats that I wear and your idea is a good one, but trust me, it's not going to happen, as this site is dedicated to bank regulatory compliance issues.

Return to Top
#30349 - 08/29/02 10:54 PM Re: Human Resources
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tina - I noticed that you had only one star and that is not right, based on your contribution, so I rated you and now you have three!

Return to Top
#30350 - 08/29/02 10:55 PM Re: Human Resources
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I appreciate contributing. I love to share.

Return to Top
#30351 - 08/29/02 10:58 PM Re: Human Resources
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Vegan2 - When this site first opened, we only had a "General" forum. That became quickly over-run with posts of subjects ranging from Reg CC hold questions, to all sorts of lending compliance, then security, audit, state law issues, etc.

The first division was from General Forums to General, Security, Marketing. Then e-Banking was added, and then we had a State issue forum. It was then that the General Forum had to be split between Lending and Operations. Audit followed soon after. The State forum became split into the individual states currently listed.

If a need is expressed by enough participants, the BOL-folks have responded above and beyond our expectations. While it's true that you can't please everyone all the time, I think they do a good job of accomodating a large number of participants.

There are pages on BOL that deal with H.R. issues. Some H.R. issues are covered in threads posted under the Security forum.

I too would be interested in an H.R. folder if only to provide our HR department with another resource!

Return to Top
#30352 - 08/30/02 12:50 PM Re: Human Resources
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Vegan2, is your graphic an attempt to lull us into a state of narcoleptic ennui in order to slide such comments past us?

I will agree that compliance has from the start taken the most active role in this forum, and I don't necessarily see that changing. However, the forum has been responsive to needs in other areas and has expanded several times to include forums for marketing, security, audit, e-banking. So I don't see a separate HR forum as being out of the question. Heck, we might even be able to get a separate forum for investments, too.

Return to Top
#30353 - 08/30/02 12:54 PM Re: Human Resources
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Vegan2 - Love the graphic!
jbedsole - Thanx for using big words, I needed to brush the dust off of my dictionary! I am always looking for ways to improve the ol' vocabulary.

Return to Top
#30354 - 08/30/02 12:57 PM Re: Human Resources
BrendaW Offline
100 Club
BrendaW
Texas
OK, now we are talking....I think HR is part of banking. We can't bypass it just because it is not "compliance" or "safety & soundness." HR people have to follow the rules just like the rest of us and someone has to audit that they are following the rules...just so happens my bank wants that hat to be worn by the "compliance officer." So Bankers Online.....can we get some going on HR to help us compliance officers that have to wear this hat too????

Return to Top
#30355 - 08/30/02 09:58 PM Re: Human Resources
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
I'll toss my hat in as a vote for an HR section on in the forum.

Return to Top
#30356 - 08/30/02 11:09 PM Re: Human Resources
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
Its good to see all the interest in HR. I may not wear the hat, but I am expected to be compliant in that area as well. It would be a great tool to have in this sight, as is all the other issues we discuss. Everyone have a great three day weekend!!

Return to Top
#30357 - 08/30/02 11:46 PM Re: Human Resources
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie - It's not going to happen! This site cannot handle generalist banking issues. Issues posted here have to have one of the regs attached or posters would not know how to handle it.

By the way, I just moved out of California to get some fresh air!

Return to Top
#30358 - 08/30/02 11:50 PM Re: Human Resources
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank You

Return to Top
#30359 - 08/30/02 11:54 PM Re: Human Resources
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are a good man, but I'm off the investment forum idea - way too much grief and then someone eliminates the thread!

As far as the picture goes, I'm also a webmaster (developed my banks website from a blank page), so I like to change things depending on how a feel about the world on a given day.

Return to Top
#30360 - 08/31/02 12:39 AM Re: Human Resources
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Vegan2, Vegan2, Vegan2 - Of ALL the areas in Banking, the H.R. area has the biggest mindfields in terms of compliance and regulations! Also, there are articles about HR issues on this site.

HR Article
HR Article
HR Article

HR Article

There are a lot more - on the HomePage you can run a search for "Human Resources."

Return to Top
#30361 - 08/31/02 12:41 AM Re: Human Resources
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I thnk vegan's star making abilities were taken away. Mine haven't taken. I may have to move him up to five star, super geek status if they don't appear soon!

I'd love to see a CRA only thread. I find the CRA stuff tucked all over the board here and my little brain just can't handle such confusion after 4 on a Friday night

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#30362 - 09/04/02 05:57 PM Re: Human Resources
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Well, it did happen. Check it out - a brand new HR forum added to Bankers Online.

Return to Top
#30363 - 09/04/02 06:23 PM Re: Human Resources
Anonymous
Unregistered

You asked for it, you got it!

As Jim noted, we have established a new HR Forum on Bankers' Threads. Enjoy it!

Return to Top