Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#304567 - 01/17/05 06:39 PM HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know that most of the banking world is off today, Martin Luther King's Birthday but my bank is open. My president believes that if the downtown shops of our town are open, so are we!!

How about that Steeler game!!!! I thought my husband would have a heartattach before it was over.

Can we do it again next week???

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#304568 - 01/17/05 07:01 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Steelers vs. Patriots!

Please Ben, pretty pretty please, beat Corey Dillon!

Return to Top
#304569 - 01/17/05 07:11 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our "Holiday" party is next Sunday, at 5:30!!! Guess what I'm not going to?!?!?!

Return to Top
#304570 - 01/17/05 07:21 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
That was me, forgot to login again when I came back.

Return to Top
#304571 - 01/17/05 09:22 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Amen, go Steelers.

Return to Top
#304572 - 01/18/05 12:00 AM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Steelers were not exactly impressive against the Jets. What did you Steelers fans see in that game that makes you think you will beat the Pats. And what in that game worries you, except that maybe the Pats field goal kicker is more accurate that the Jets'. Also, did the Pats victory over the Colts worry you? It should they looked impressive. Though the breaks did go their way.

Return to Top
#304573 - 01/18/05 02:09 AM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
As much as I'd like to see a "turnpike bowl", I don't think the Steelers can get past the Patriots next week.

Return to Top
#304574 - 01/18/05 10:48 AM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
TB Offline
Pennsylvania
Well being in Pittsburgh and then being from New England and not knowing alot about football but actually watching the game on Saturday I thought I would have a heart attack.The Steelers really didnt play their best game from what I saw. Had it not been for Bettis Im not sure they would have won. Am I wrong or does Big Ben have problems passing long on the field. Seems like everytime he made a long pass it was intercepted or missed. He was good on the short passes. I would say that the kicker for the Steelers won that game for them. Unless they play a whole lot better then I think the Patriots will kick their butts. I dont know who to cheer for the Patriots, seeing as I am a New England born and bred girl, or Pittsburgh seeing as I live here and have to live with my co workers as well.

Return to Top
#304575 - 01/18/05 01:42 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

What did I see good about the Steelers vs. Jets and why do I think they can beat the Pats?
1. Steelers defense dominated the Jets offense (they only got 3 points). The Jets were in the game because of 2 plays - punt return TD and INT return TD. Ben made some mistakes, but that happens. Bottom line is he led the game winning drive in OT and the Steelers won the game.
2. The Steelers style of play is why they will beat the Pats. NE looked very good against IND and I would be really worried if the Steelers had the same type of offense. A passing offense can be stopped with blitz schemes and disguising coverages, which is what NE is great at and exactly what they did to Peyton Manning. PIT plays smash mouth "We're gonna run the ball down your throat" offense. There is no scheme to defend that. You either can or you can't. See the first game...PIT ran for 220+ yards; NE didn't stop the run and I don't think they will this time either.

Return to Top
#304576 - 01/18/05 02:05 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Well being in Pittsburgh and then being from New England and not knowing alot about football but actually watching the game on Saturday I thought I would have a heart attack.The Steelers really didnt play their best game from what I saw. Had it not been for Bettis Im not sure they would have won. Am I wrong or does Big Ben have problems passing long on the field. Seems like everytime he made a long pass it was intercepted or missed. He was good on the short passes. I would say that the kicker for the Steelers won that game for them. Unless they play a whole lot better then I think the Patriots will kick their butts. I dont know who to cheer for the Patriots, seeing as I am a New England born and bred girl, or Pittsburgh seeing as I live here and have to live with my co workers as well.

Cheer for the Steelers and then if they lose, you still win and you don't have to put up with co-workers who are nasty losers because you were cheering the Steelers also. Go watch the game and cheer with your Steeler friends, then, when you get home, take off your Steelers's jersey, put on your Pats jersey, and dance around the room.

Return to Top
#304577 - 01/18/05 02:48 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
The Steelers can beat the Patriots. First, we saw them beat New England by 14 points in their only previous meeting this year. Secondly, the Jets had Big Ben's number in their previous meeting, and gave him his worst outing of the season, no surprise then that they gave him his worst outing of the post season as well. Third, Corey Dillon has never put together a streak of multiple good games. He does his thing and the next week he lays back and has more of an adverage game because he lets the good game go to his head. Throughout the year, he has had one 100 yard game then a below 100 yard game. The longest streak in his career of 100 yard games was 4 early this seaon. He's at 2 in a row so far, so he's due to fizzle. Fourth, Pittsburgh will keep banging away at New England's defensive line and linebackers with either Bettis or Staley until they start to wear down, then they will put in the other guy and bang away with fresh legs against a worn out defense. Few teams have this luxury, and Pittsburgh is one of them. Fifth, it's at home. As a Bengals' fan, let me tell you, Three Rivers, and now Heinz Field are hard places to play. The fans are loud, the terrible towels are distracting, and the Steelers are energized by it. New England was at home, they don't have that luxury this weekend. They are an outdoor team, who can play in the snow unlike the Colts.

This is the Steelers game to lose, and just because they had an iffy game vs. the Jets and the Patriots had a great game against the Dolts, they are being made into an underdog at home. Big mistake.

Return to Top
#304578 - 01/18/05 03:37 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Tell it like it is Michael! The Steelers' season this year speaks for itself. I don't know what happened to them on Saturday, but I bet they learn from it. They beat the Patriots this season already, they can do it again! GO STEELERS!!! (And yes, like some of you, I almost had a heart attack on Saturday watching that game, too). But the Steelers are my team. I'm behind them all the way. GO STEELERS!!!

Return to Top
#304579 - 01/18/05 05:03 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I think you have to look at the matchup. Some teams just give other teams fits, and I think that is what the Steelers had on Saturday. If you take away the two big plays, one from the Jets defense and the other from the special teams, it would have been a much different ballgame. We all saw Manning, who was outstanding all season long, struggle again against the Pats. Ben struggled against the Jets earlier this year and they had his number on Saturday. I also think that the Patriots may have spent so much time preparing for the Colts that they may be scrambling to prepare this week. I think Sunday's game will be much better than anyone expects and Jac I think we will see a PA Turnpike Superbowl.

Return to Top
#304580 - 01/18/05 05:20 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lady Luck, you said,"I almost had a heart attack on Saturday watching that game." Didn't you mean to say, "I almost had a heart attack TWICE on Saturday watching that game."

Return to Top
#304581 - 01/18/05 05:22 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I think I've heard this conversation in my house in the last 48 hours!!! I also think it helps that even though the Steelers have home field, they are being considered the underdog. That could relieve some of the pressure on them. Ben will be just fine Sunday and we will all "climb on the Bus"!

Return to Top
#304582 - 01/18/05 05:28 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Lady Luck, you said,"I almost had a heart attack on Saturday watching that game." Didn't you mean to say, "I almost had a heart attack TWICE on Saturday watching that game."

True!

Return to Top
#304583 - 01/18/05 05:52 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Wow! The Steelers tried to give it away, then the Jets gave it back, twice. What a gut-wrenching game. I can't imagine too many Steeler fans are feeling overconfident for this week. I'm sure the Pats will try to take-away the running game and put it in Ben's hands. He can't possibly play much worse...or can he. A lot of pressure for a rookie.

Here's hoping for a big dose of the Bus and the Duce, more lights-out defense, and for the punter to kick it out of bounds.

GO STILLERS!!!

Return to Top
#304584 - 01/18/05 11:11 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
bluebanker Offline
Diamond Poster
bluebanker
Bear Country
Quote:

I also think that the Patriots may have spent so much time preparing for the Colts that they may be scrambling to prepare this week.

Being a Bears fan, I think I can weigh in on this impartially. I just am not impressed with the Steelers' offense. Don't get me wrong, Big Ben has played very well, but he's played very well for a rookie. He's got a great running game and a good defense, and they just ask him not to mess up (which looked like he was determined to do). I think the Pats will roll the Steelers solely due to the difference at quarterback. Neither has a strength in ability, but they are both smart and know how to manage a game. The difference is Brady has been in much bigger games, has insanely more experience, and an edge in talent as well. I guess this weekend should be pretty good!

Also, I can't wait to see Vick scramble with Dawkins and Kearse chasing him down. It's gonna be great...

Return to Top
#304585 - 01/18/05 11:41 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Patriots 17 Steelers 10 - I already saw the game!!

Return to Top
#304586 - 01/19/05 02:01 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Being a life long fan of both the Steelers and Pats (Hey, I'm from New England) I've been torn on who I'd like to see go to the bowl. But I think I've got to go with the Pats beating Steelers. Seeing as I'm a fan of both, I can't lose either way. IMO, this game is the superbowl, it's going to be great!

Return to Top
#304587 - 01/19/05 02:26 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eagles/Steelers in the Super Bowl? WHOOO HOOOO!!!! I wouldn't know who to cheer for!

Return to Top
#304588 - 01/19/05 05:03 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
Quote:

Being a life long fan of both the Steelers and Pats (Hey, I'm from New England) I've been torn on who I'd like to see go to the bowl. But I think I've got to go with the Pats beating Steelers. Seeing as I'm a fan of both, I can't lose either way. IMO, this game is the superbowl, it's going to be great!

PATS all the way, baby!!!

Return to Top
#304589 - 01/24/05 04:47 AM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
So where are all you smack-talkin' Steeler fans now?

Patriots over Eagles in SB XXXIX!
Go Patriots!

Return to Top
#304590 - 01/24/05 03:13 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Hey Jim,
No smack talking as far as I have seen in the cooler.
We lost, we admit it, but we WILL be back.
Go Eagles, even though I am not a big Philly fan, the multitude of terrible New England drivers with snotty/bad attitudes here on vacation just make me want to vote for Philly.

Return to Top
#304591 - 01/24/05 03:20 PM Re: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
The only smack talking I have seen in the cooler was from a Patriots fan in another post. And yes, we will be back and yes I will be pulling for the Eagles.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2