Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#306681 - 01/21/05 04:52 PM Truth in Lending Dsiclosure
runner Offline
pennsylvania
I need claraifaction. Is it true that you do not need to give a TIL if the term is two years or less?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#306682 - 01/21/05 05:19 PM Re: Truth in Lending Dsiclosure
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The term of the loan is not a factor in whether you are required to comply with Truth in Lending.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#306683 - 01/21/05 06:45 PM Re: Truth in Lending Dsiclosure
Terry Offline
Gold Star
Terry
Midwest
You might be thinking of HUD's Reg X (RESPA) which states that construction loans are exempt from Reg X if the term is less than 2 years. This is under the definition of temporary financing in 3500.5(b).

Return to Top
#306684 - 01/21/05 11:43 PM Re: Truth in Lending Dsiclosure
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
226.1(c) Coverage. (1) In general, this regulation applies to each individual or business that offers or extends credit when four conditions are met: (i) the credit is offered or extended to consumers; (ii) the offering or extension of credit is done regularly;1 (iii) the credit is subject to a finance charge or is payable by a written agreement in more than 4 installments; and (iv) the credit is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.

As noted, time is not a factor in this. There are some exemptions under 226.3, but time still isn't a factor.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z