BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#307003 - 01/28/05 09:52 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
No matter how you view the "comeback" it has to be points against you for cracking in the first place...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#307004 - 02/06/05 08:48 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Scratch the comeback. It was replaced by the "I quit."

Am I the only one who sees the irony in the cab ride away from the Trump building. I think it always has a "Yahoo Jobs" billboard on the top.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#307005 - 02/07/05 03:57 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I noticed that myself Andy. I figure it's shameless advertising for Yahoo Jobs, and that Trump is getting a check for each episode from them.

Return to Top
#307006 - 02/07/05 04:12 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I was happy to see Danny go. I couldn't stand another week watching him.

Return to Top
#307007 - 02/07/05 04:21 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Lets hope he isn't looking for a bank marketing job in the southwest!
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#307008 - 02/07/05 04:47 PM Re: The New Apprentice
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I can't believe they put Danny in charge unless they wanted to get rid of him. Did they not see his BK marketing. It was quite sad.

Return to Top
#307009 - 02/07/05 04:54 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Maybe it is because I am not a New Yorker or from a big city, but when I see someone with antenna thingies on their head playing a guitar and begging people to throw a ping pong ball through a cutout on a cardboard box, I'd cross the street to avoid them.

Return to Top
#307010 - 02/07/05 05:36 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Lets hope he isn't looking for a bank marketing job in the southwest!

LOL -- I'll be on the look out!

Return to Top
#307011 - 02/07/05 09:07 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I love this show and I watch every season. I'm hoping a girl wins this time. Although, so far I think the right choices have been made. I missed last week, due to uncontrollable circumstances, so if someone could catch me up, that would be great. I know the black girl quit, but that's only because I read that on one of the postings. Thanks Andy!!

Return to Top
#307012 - 02/07/05 09:26 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Get up to speed at the source. And if you get CNBC, look at their schedule. They may re-run last weeks on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Return to Top
#307013 - 02/07/05 09:43 PM Re: The New Apprentice
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I think several of the women have a really good chance this time. The PM for the winning team this last week did a fine job.

Return to Top
#307014 - 02/11/05 05:58 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Did anyone catch it last night? Both commercials were pretty bad. I think Trump should have fired both the team leaders. Kristen was over the top though. She set herself up. She said she had to do everything herself in order to do it right, but it turned out to bite her in the a@@. She had no one else to blame, although she tried to blame Audrey. That was purely personal.

Return to Top
#307015 - 02/11/05 06:24 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I did catch it last night. I agree completely both commercials did suck. The cucumber one was definatley out of the box, but in the wrong way. Trump did make a good point about the leader of the "book smarts". She did hold her team together. Does this mean that next week, noone will have exemption?

Return to Top
#307016 - 02/11/05 06:31 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Are we there yet? Offline
Trying to find Nemo
Those commercials were beyong stupid and one was definitely edging towards the adult film area.

Have you ever noticed that whenever there is a task that is specifically aimed to a certain job area someone always jumps up and says this is the perfect task for them to manage because they are either in marketing and it's a marketing task, or a commercial needs to be made and someones friend, relative, etc. is in the film business, that they always seem to fail.

Maria from the last Apprentice comes to mind with the Levi's jeans debacle. Danny from this group and his bad marketing and now last nights episode. I know there are many other examples but my brain is tired and I can't think of them.

It also appears that the cockier you talk about how wonderful you are and how you should be managing that particular task, the worse the team does.

Return to Top
#307017 - 02/11/05 06:45 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I'm glad Kristin got fired, I dislike her from the get go. She isn't the brightest skittle in the bag, but she sure thinks she is. Trump had made good decisions so far, but this is gonna be a tough one.

Return to Top
#307018 - 02/11/05 08:13 PM Re: The New Apprentice
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I would guess that no one will have exemption this week.

I haven't seen anyone so far this season that has stood out as someone with the potential of going all the way. Both of the previous seasons there were some early standouts that you just knew were going to make it down to the wire. This season it's like they tried to get the most obnoxious, "I've to be in charge", loud, profane people they could for the Street Smarts team, and tried to get the nerdiest, don't have a clue about the real world, folks they could for the Book Smarts team.

Return to Top
#307019 - 02/11/05 09:07 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
It has been a rowdy bunch this season. The cursing is at it's highest level, that is for sure.

Return to Top
#307020 - 02/11/05 09:17 PM Re: The New Apprentice
-5K-, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
-5K-, CRCM
Quote:

I haven't seen anyone so far this season that has stood out as someone with the potential of going all the way. Both of the previous seasons there were some early standouts that you just knew were going to make it down to the wire.

I think that John, the first PM that managed the Burger King promotion, from the street smarts team is the best so far. He led his team well, he has good ideas. It was his idea to have the marthon runner grab the bottle of Dove, but the way he presented it was much funny than Kristin directed it. He even told her that he should stay and help direct it but she wanted him to take of the music.

Return to Top
#307021 - 02/11/05 09:19 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I agree 100%. It's like the people think that because they are on the show being interviewed they don't have to act professional. They probably are feeling dumb actually watching themselves on t.v.

Return to Top
#307022 - 02/11/05 09:20 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
John is a pretty good one.

Return to Top
#307023 - 02/11/05 09:26 PM Re: The New Apprentice
-5K-, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
-5K-, CRCM
Quote:

John is a pretty good one.

Pretty cute too.

Return to Top
#307024 - 02/11/05 09:27 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
AMEN!!!

Return to Top
#307025 - 02/11/05 09:31 PM Re: The New Apprentice
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
John does stand out... Both commercials were awful, although i think the Marathon one had a lot of potential-Kristen screwed up by not allowing the 2 guys that came up with the idea to produce it, and they all missed the basic point-promoting what the product is/does...

Return to Top
#307026 - 02/11/05 09:34 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I really liked the commercial that Dove did eventually come up with. It's cool that we could win a ticket to the live finale.

Return to Top
#307027 - 02/12/05 02:47 PM Re: The New Apprentice
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The idea for the race was good, but poorly executed. And while a good concept, it wouldn't deliver the product to the intended market. That wouldn't make it a bad commercial, just ineffective and a waste of money. Now that might make it bad.

But Kristin got what she deserved. She didn't lead. It was funny in the board room how street smarts went at each other and book smarts was a team. They did execute well, but just on a bad idea. I think street smarts will have a hard time being a team as these are independent leaders, individually. They each want it their way. Hopefully they'll find their roles in each task and execute that.

And yes, many of these folks could use that body wash on their mouths. Talk about unprofessional!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4