Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#30757 - 09/03/02 05:58 PM Flood Determination (Collateral Address)
Meghan Offline
New Poster
According to FEMA, "a separate SFHDF is required on loans on adjacent properties. However, if a single property contains multiple buildings, a listing of buildings on the parcel can be attached to the SFHDF." (FEMA. Mandatory Purchase of Flood Insurance Guidelines. September 1999:33) What constitutes a "single property"? For example, we have apartment buildings with multiple street addresses that are included in the same legal description. Should the Compliance Department require lenders to pull separate SFHDFs for each street address, or for each legal address? Thank you.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#30758 - 09/03/02 06:14 PM Re: Flood Determination (Collateral Address)
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
We pull for each "legal address". If I understand you correctly, you have a parcel of land that has several "sructures" on it, in your case they happen to be multifamily units (apartments)and I assume each unit does not have its own legal description. We would treat this no differenct than a parcel of land that had a home, barn, separate garage and other out building located on it.

Return to Top
#30759 - 09/03/02 06:18 PM Re: Flood Determination (Collateral Address)
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
It would be interesting to see how others treat this scenario.

Return to Top
#30760 - 11/01/02 08:54 PM Re: Flood Determination (Collateral Address)
Anonymous
Unregistered

We require that the bank identify each building on the property. This ensures that each building will have been identified, if flood insurance is required.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z