BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#308001 - 01/25/05 04:10 PM We Need your prayers
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
I came into work this morning and was given the news one of my coworkers (somebody whom I had contact with every day) passed away yesterday evening about 5pm. when she left work at 4:15pm she was fine...now she is gone. She was only 29 years old and yesterday was her birthday. I only ask for your prayers for her family, husband, and nieces whom she was extremely close to. Our bank right now feels like a mausoleum and her department is in shock.

Return to Top
#308002 - 01/25/05 04:21 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
How sad, prayers to your co-workers and to the poor lady's family.

Return to Top
#308003 - 01/25/05 04:23 PM Re: We Need your prayers
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
You and this young woman's family will be in our prayers.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#308004 - 01/25/05 04:27 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Oh, my gosh. She will remain in my prayers as will all of you.

Return to Top
#308005 - 01/25/05 04:30 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am so very sorry. It gave me chills to read that,. Prayers for her family, friends and coworkers. I believe it was Bear Collector who said that when a coworker of hers died recently the bank brought in a professional to help them deal with their grief. It's hard to carry on in the wake of something so shocking and sad.

Return to Top
#308006 - 01/25/05 04:31 PM Re: We Need your prayers
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
What happened to her? I mean...how scary...I am 29 too...

Return to Top
#308007 - 01/25/05 04:34 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Instant prayers for all

Return to Top
#308008 - 01/25/05 05:04 PM Re: We Need your prayers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
You (and everyone involved) will be in my prayers also.

Return to Top
#308009 - 01/25/05 05:07 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I am so sorry for the loss. You are all in my prayers. I just turned 30 and can't imagine my life being over so early.

Return to Top
#308010 - 01/25/05 05:14 PM Re: We Need your prayers
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. How awful at such a young age.

Return to Top
#308011 - 01/25/05 05:15 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
My prayers are with you and the individuals affected by this loss. I've experienced the loss of very close co-workers twice, sudden like that and we had a grief counselor available to us as well. It helped us heal to hear all the wonderful ways these people had touched our lives over the years.

Return to Top
#308012 - 01/25/05 05:23 PM Re: We Need your prayers
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry for everyone the knew her. Lean on your faith - and I will pray.

Return to Top
#308013 - 01/25/05 05:30 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Quote:

We do not know yet at this time. So far all I know is she went home, was with her husband when she passed out (he phoned 911 immediately--he is a 911 dispatcher himself) and she never regained consciousness. They are going to perform an autopsy to determine the cause. the bank immediately brought in grief counselors for everyone, especially for those in her department. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and we'll get through this (this is two coworkers in less than a year--the other died from an accident at home).

Return to Top
#308014 - 01/25/05 05:32 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
Our condolences and prayers go to her family. Death at any age is difficult to accept, but especially so when the person is so young, and the event so sudden.

Sgt Rock, your experience is a chilling reminder on how: fragile life really is; immaterial most of the demands we make on ourselves and others really are; and how we unfortunately take our next breath for granted.

Prayers from Florida.

Return to Top
#308015 - 01/25/05 05:35 PM Re: We Need your prayers
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Well said FlaBkr.

Return to Top
#308016 - 01/25/05 05:47 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
This also reminded me of a situation that happened about 7 years ago. As many of you may know I am divorced, but was blessed with three beautiful daughters. On my oldest daughter's fifth birthday she told us she would like to go out for dinner, so my wife, myself, Alayna, and Kelsey (her younger sister) went to dinner. While we were at dinner my doctor and his wife were seated at the booth next to us. My doctor and his wife (he was about 26 at the time) had a young daughter born (their first), who contracted a hereditary degenerative muscle disease and died at 16 months of age. His wife then became pregnant for a second time and they had another daughter, who also contracted the same disease and died at 13 months of age. Now, here my wife and I sat with two beautiful healthy daughters and they had already lost two. My wife and I never felt more guilty in our entire lives. The point of this story is this, there is now a beautiful little Korean orphan (boy) who has a pair of loving parents and is now being given a chance at a wonderful life here in the US. It just goes to show you we may not always immediately understand the reason for why things happen the way they do, but in time all things are revealed. Just thought all of you might appreciate this story.

Return to Top
#308017 - 01/25/05 07:43 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Sgt Rock, your experience is a chilling reminder on how: fragile life really is; immaterial most of the demands we make on ourselves and others really are; and how we unfortunately take our next breath for granted.

This is so true! We need to make the most of everyday with friends and loved ones.

Return to Top
#308018 - 01/25/05 08:28 PM Re: We Need your prayers
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Rock I'm so sorry for her family, and the loss you all are suffering. Prayers go out from Alaska. Take care

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#308019 - 01/25/05 09:02 PM Re: We Need your prayers
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Oh gosh! That is simply horrible. Reading this makes me realize how little my troubles are......

I am so sorry for her, her family and all of you. My prayers are heading your way....

Return to Top
#308020 - 01/26/05 01:48 PM Re: We Need your prayers
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

Quote:

We do not know yet at this time. So far all I know is she went home, was with her husband when she passed out (he phoned 911 immediately--he is a 911 dispatcher himself) and she never regained consciousness. They are going to perform an autopsy to determine the cause. the bank immediately brought in grief counselors for everyone, especially for those in her department. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and we'll get through this (this is two coworkers in less than a year--the other died from an accident at home).

I am truly sorry for the loss everyone has experienced.

I don't want to seem insensitive to ask, but if you find out anything about what happened to her, let us know. My husband will be 29 before long and it is kind of scary what could happen at such a young age.

Again, I am sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you, her family and your co-workers.
Last edited by SUZY Q; 01/26/05 02:12 PM.

Return to Top
#308021 - 01/26/05 04:51 PM Re: We Need your prayers
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I'm so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers for everyone, her family at work and her family at home.

One of my co-workers was a victim of the Tylenol incident in Chicago a number of years ago and it does affect your life forever. Try to remember the good times, the good things about your co-worker, the ways she may have blessed your life by just being a part of it. It might help. Lots of Love!!!

Return to Top
#308022 - 01/26/05 05:53 PM Re: We Need your prayers
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I'm thinking of all of you and hope the Lord helps you through this time of grief, questioning and wonder.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett