Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#313959 - 02/09/05 10:54 PM Re: Valentine's day
MountainMan Offline
100 Club
MountainMan
Colorado & Nebraska
My wife and I have been married nearly 38 years. On Friday evening our church is going to have a dinner and after dinner all of the married couples there are going to repeat their vows. A neat way to say you would marry her or him again.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#313960 - 02/09/05 11:52 PM Re: Valentine's day
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
OK - so here's what I decided to do...I bought him a 3-month subscription to NetFlix and rink-side tickets to a local hockey game. They are right behind the glass, just to the right of the goal.

Guys...how does that sound?

Return to Top
#313961 - 02/10/05 01:52 AM Re: Valentine's day
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
SE,
I may a little different than some of the others, but that's not what I would want on V-Day. Honestly, I have always thought of V-Day as a day for us men to do something for our women. I never really even enjoyed getting anything for V-Day.

Okay, there was one. I had written a poem for my ex when we were dating, based on a picture I had drawn. No, I'm not an artist, it was simply a heart, tipped a bit to one side with a cross standing up inside it. Anyway, I had given this to her when we first started dating. On V-Day, I forget when exactly, she re-drew that picture, in color, with the poem written in caligraphy around it and had it framed. That is really the best gift I can remember receiving. She was NOT good at giving massages, so I never wanted her to give me one.

Of course, I wouldn't turn down tickets to see the Broncos on MNF.

Return to Top
#313962 - 02/10/05 04:33 AM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last year when I did have a man in my life I went all out. I kidnapped him on Friday after work and we drove 2 1/2 hours to a very cozy romantic hotel. We spent the evening in the hot tub and heated pool. The next day we slept in, ran around the town a little during the day and then had a very romantic dinner that evening. On Sunday we slept in again and then I took him to a college basketball game.

It was a great weekend, I really think there should have been a girlfriend of the year award for that one...

This is my kind of woman; a basketball game. WOW that would get you about anything you wanted.

Return to Top
#313963 - 02/10/05 05:05 AM Re: Valentine's day
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Valentine's day - a commercial plot by Hallmark to make all of us without others feel neglected.

Ok, I'm not that cold, I did get cards for my daughter, granddaughter and nephew.

Return to Top
#313964 - 02/10/05 05:55 AM Re: Valentine's day
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

I'm with Joker on this one, I'd love a new horse! But since there's no boyfriend in sight I guess I'm out of luck.

I guess if there was a boyfriend that was willing and because my taste in horses is more expensive than my taste in jewelry ...I'd settle for diamonds. I'm also a busy single mom, so ANY pampering (spa, massage, dinner out) is greatly appreciated.

What kind of horse are you looking for? I know any number of rescue organizations that have wonderful horses - all breeds, ages, abilities, etc. You can PM me if you would like more info.

And for good measure, I can make you a special deal on a Pasture Pal companion Thoroughbred that is an absolute sweetheart. Arthritis due to a racing injury prevents him from being ridable, so he just one big ol' gray puppydog.

http://www.excellerfund.org/images/sierracity2.jpg

He was also one of the featured horses on The Exceller Fund's Valentine Horses fundraising cards last year.

Return to Top
#313965 - 02/10/05 01:33 PM Re: Valentine's day
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

Come on, all you GUYS out there!! Here is your opportunity to tell US what YOU want for Valentine's Day!! Anything???

Heather Locklear

Return to Top
#313966 - 02/10/05 01:35 PM Re: Valentine's day
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

Come on, all you GUYS out there!! Here is your opportunity to tell US what YOU want for Valentine's Day!! Anything???

Heather Locklear

Return to Top
#313967 - 02/10/05 04:00 PM Re: Valentine's day
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Quote:

Quote:

Heather Locklear

I'm sorry I cannot help you there...

Return to Top
#313968 - 02/10/05 09:31 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

A couple years ago I got to his house early and posted a note on the inside garage door, "I tried the garage but it was too cold, signed Goldilocks. Try the kitchen". In the kitchen I posted a note over the crockpot "I tried the pot roast but it was too hot, signed Goldi. Try the sofa". In the living room I had a huge oil painting for his mantle with a note "I tried the sofa but it was too soft, signed G. Try the dining room". And on the dining room table I perched in a Valentine red teddy. Unfortunately, he was two hours late from work, I was two pitchers of margaritas ahead of him and sound asleep. We still laugh about that one!

Return to Top
#313969 - 02/11/05 12:43 PM Re: Valentine's day
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

And on the dining room table I perched in a Valentine red teddy. Unfortunately, he was two hours late from work, I was two pitchers of margaritas ahead of him and sound asleep. We still laugh about that one!

OMG! That is funny...

Return to Top
#313970 - 02/11/05 01:46 PM Re: Valentine's day
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Quote:

Quote:

Now let's turn the tables...

What can I get (or do) for the man in my life? There is, of course, the obvious. But what else? What kind of cool place could I take him to? I want something different, fun, exciting...you know...

Last year when I did have a man in my life I went all out. I kidnapped him on Friday after work and we drove 2 1/2 hours to a very cozy romantic hotel. We spent the evening in the hot tub and heated pool. The next day we slept in, ran around the town a little during the day and then had a very romantic dinner that evening. On Sunday we slept in again and then I took him to a college basketball game.

It was a great weekend, I really think there should have been a girlfriend of the year award for that one...

Instead federal kidnapping charges were filed.....but I guess she beat the wrap.

Return to Top
#313971 - 02/11/05 01:48 PM Re: Valentine's day
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Well for us Valentines Day takes on extra meaning because it's also our wedding anniversary (24 years on Monday). A couple of years ago, I did it up pretty good. I hired a barbershop quartet dressed in tuxedos who came to the house at 8:30am and gave her a rose and sang love songs to her in barbershop harmony. When they finished, we got in the car (I had taken the day off from work), drove an hour up the road to Asheville, NC and spent the day at Biltmore going through the house, the gardens, the grounds and the winery. After that, on to a romantic dinner then home to bed. It was a pretty good day and one I know she remembers.

Jim

Return to Top
#313972 - 02/11/05 03:42 PM Re: Valentine's day
sarah s Offline
sarah s
Depends where you live, but in my neck of the Rocky Mountain woods, some places have horse-drawn sleigh rides or sleigh rides with dinners (very romantic and memorable!). One Christmas I surprised my significant other with a limo ride to look at Christmas lights--and that was pretty special. Not the right time of the year for that, but keep it in mind for December!

Return to Top
#313973 - 02/11/05 07:25 PM Re: Valentine's day
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I will be happy with anything my hubbie does, as long as it's not a button with the number 10 on it!!! That was my only "gift" one year when my boys were small and a long standing joke still in our house

I have bought him - what else - something with the Pittsburgh Steelers symbol on it!!!( A huge fan )

Return to Top
#313974 - 02/11/05 07:31 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got her a ring... Yep, THAT ring! I'm soooo nervous too. Wish me luck!

Return to Top
#313975 - 02/11/05 07:33 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

good luck anon!!
-Buddy Magee

Return to Top
#313976 - 02/11/05 07:34 PM Re: Valentine's day
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Good luck Anon! Tell us how it went!

Return to Top
#313977 - 02/11/05 09:48 PM Re: Valentine's day
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Good luck, and most likely congrats.

Return to Top
#313978 - 02/11/05 10:30 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

This year I'm suprising my wife with two tickets to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. She's a middle school band director and has been involved in music all her life, but has never been to the symphony, so I thought I would take her. We live in Southeastern KY, so there's not a symphony orchestra very close to go see. I've reserved a suite for the weekend of the 18-20th at a nice hotel. I think I've done well for this year's Valentine's Day gift. The only problem is it may make future Valentine's Day gifts see not so great by comparison.

Return to Top
#313979 - 02/11/05 11:08 PM Re: Valentine's day
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

Well for us Valentines Day takes on extra meaning because it's also our wedding anniversary (24 years on Monday). A couple of years ago, I did it up pretty good. I hired a barbershop quartet dressed in tuxedos who came to the house at 8:30am and gave her a rose and sang love songs to her in barbershop harmony. When they finished, we got in the car (I had taken the day off from work), drove an hour up the road to Asheville, NC and spent the day at Biltmore going through the house, the gardens, the grounds and the winery. After that, on to a romantic dinner then home to bed. It was a pretty good day and one I know she remembers.

Jim

This years anniversary / V-day won't be quite that romantic but I am sure she will remember it always for all the love and support you have given her through these rough times. You are a wonderful and caring husband.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3