Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#313909 - 02/08/05 09:01 PM Valentine's day
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
This will be my first V-day with my wife (we've celebrated it together before but this will be the first since we got married) and I am looking for ideas on "the perfect gift". I am already sending her roses, but I want to give her something that she will remember forever. Any ideas??

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#313910 - 02/08/05 09:02 PM Re: Valentine's day
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Send her nothing and I promise, you'll get a bonus: she will remember it forever and a day.

Return to Top
#313911 - 02/08/05 09:10 PM Re: Valentine's day
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
You forgot the best part of that -Z-, I'll also get to sleep on our nice couch in front of the T.V. for a few weeks. (that is if she lets me back into the house)

Return to Top
#313912 - 02/08/05 09:10 PM Re: Valentine's day
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Besides jewelry? All I ever need is jewelry and I'm a happy girl.

Return to Top
#313913 - 02/08/05 09:14 PM Re: Valentine's day
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
What does she like, Buddy?

Maybe a gift certificate from her favorite store or for a free massage. Something she'll enjoy.

Return to Top
#313914 - 02/08/05 09:15 PM Re: Valentine's day
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Ah yes lady luck, besides jewelry, a gift certificate to a local spa for a day of pampering is a close second.

Return to Top
#313915 - 02/08/05 09:17 PM Re: Valentine's day
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
Give her what I am giving myself for Valentine's Day...a trip to the gynocologist! She'll love it!!! (NOT!)
Last edited by beaten blind; 02/08/05 09:18 PM.
Return to Top
#313916 - 02/08/05 09:18 PM Re: Valentine's day
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Well the last two years running, I got diamond necklaces for her. She never wears them though. I want to get her something or do something for her that will make her day.
Come on, there are so many women in the WC, What do you all want?

Return to Top
#313917 - 02/08/05 09:21 PM Re: Valentine's day
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
Honestly? Truely? You really want to know?

Gifts are great and candy tastes good too. But what we (or at least I) really want is for my husband to wrap his arms around me, look deeply into my eyes and tell me how much he truely loves me.

But then again, after 13 years, I have plenty of jewelry!

Return to Top
#313918 - 02/08/05 09:21 PM Re: Valentine's day
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
A new colt is always nice

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#313919 - 02/08/05 09:23 PM Re: Valentine's day
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Having the hubby make a romantic dinner for us (and ship the kids to Grandma's) would do the trick for me. I'm not big on jewelry or gifts, but I'd love a nice handmade card!

Return to Top
#313920 - 02/08/05 09:29 PM Re: Valentine's day
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
hey buddy, what do you think about this... Get her something from the "tupper-ware book". You will both benefit from it.

Return to Top
#313921 - 02/08/05 09:29 PM Re: Valentine's day
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Saphire, Shhhhhhhhhh

Return to Top
#313922 - 02/08/05 09:30 PM Re: Valentine's day
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Awww, come on...

Return to Top
#313923 - 02/08/05 09:39 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

here is an idea I heard on Paul Harvey today.......I would enjoy this as long as the pj's were ones I would actually wear
http://www.pajamagram.com/whatis.html

Return to Top
#313924 - 02/08/05 09:40 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anything that takes her (or preferably both of you) away from her/your routine responsibilities for awhile, at no cost to her. If she does most of the cleaning - a gift certificate from a cleaning service (or you just handle it for awhile); the cooking - romantic multi-course meal. Some BOLers love the gift certificates to area spas featuring massages. If there's something she's been pestering you to do, and you keep procrastinating - do it (with before and after photos in that handmade card!). Of course it's great to be swept away to a great hotel/location for a weekend -

Return to Top
#313925 - 02/08/05 09:42 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

A nice set of Sears tools is a gret gift.

Return to Top
#313926 - 02/08/05 09:46 PM Re: Valentine's day
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
If you cook, fix her a nice dinner, complete with candles and wine. I agree with the whole "Calgon, take me away" mentality. Unplug the phone (or turn off cell phones), watch a movie, dance with her, play cards, or dominoes, or whatever you both enjoy. Just spend time reminding each other why you fell in love.

Return to Top
#313927 - 02/08/05 09:50 PM Re: Valentine's day
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

If you cook, fix her a nice dinner, complete with candles and wine. I agree with the whole "Calgon, take me away" mentality. Unplug the phone (or turn off cell phones), watch a movie, dance with her, play cards, or dominoes, or whatever you both enjoy. Just spend time reminding each other why you fell in love.

That is too sweet. I would totally fall in love with my man (if I really had one) all over again.

Return to Top
#313928 - 02/08/05 10:03 PM Re: Valentine's day
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Having the hubby make a romantic dinner for us (and ship the kids to Grandma's) would do the trick for me. I'm not big on jewelry or gifts, but I'd love a nice handmade card!

Hey, that's what I have planned if granny is willing. She'll love it so long as I don't EXPECT a big bonus at the end of the evening. A romantic dinner on our deck (or indoors if it is cold or rainy)...with a little Van Morrison playing softly in the background...a handmade card with lots of lovey dovey things said...followed by going out to see movie she's been wanting to see...then to bed with no hint of wanting anything more than sleep (our pre-schoolers are needy enough, it does not make her day for me to come home with emotional or physical needs)... then let her sleep in the next morning and into the afternoon if she wants to...then breakfast or lunch (whichever she wakes up in time for).
Last edited by -Z-; 02/08/05 10:04 PM.

Return to Top
#313929 - 02/08/05 10:15 PM Re: Valentine's day
Starter Offline
Platinum Poster
Starter
NJ
Find an old picture of the two of you before you were married - when you were dating - take it to the store and blow it up to an 8x10 - put it in a new a frame and give it to her with a card that says, "I'd do it all over again with you"....... Doesn't take long to do and lets her think that you are thinking about sentimental things!!

Return to Top
#313930 - 02/08/05 10:18 PM Re: Valentine's day
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

Find an old picture of the two of you before you were married - when you were dating - take it to the store and blow it up to an 8x10 - put it in a new a frame and give it to her with a card that says, "I'd do it all over again with you"....... Doesn't take long to do and lets her think that you are thinking about sentimental things!!

geez... that's sweet too. There are a lot of heartfelt ideas in here.
I'm usually satisfied with the fact that he thinks of me (when I have a he).
My V-day usually involves making sure my munchkins have fun. We make cupcakes and paper hearts and snuggle.

Return to Top
#313931 - 02/08/05 10:24 PM Re: Valentine's day
RUNSWITHSCISSORS Offline
Platinum Poster
RUNSWITHSCISSORS
Every year I make a Valentine's Day Card - color it with crayons or watercolors and everything. Last year I found this neat little Radio Flyer wheelbarrow and filled it with Godiva chocolates! MMMM...chocolates

Return to Top
#313932 - 02/08/05 10:25 PM Re: Valentine's day
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Little coupons for a back rub, a quiet soak in the tub(without kids banging on the door), a night out at the movies, breakfast in bed, etc. Then when she has a hard day, she can redeem them at will.

Return to Top
#313933 - 02/08/05 10:25 PM Re: Valentine's day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have to be Anon for this:
I just have one thing to say - If you make a homemade card make it sweet. SWEET, okay. Say things like You're the most beautiful woman, etc. Something anyone could look at and think was sweet.

When I WAS married, my husband made a Valentine's day card for me. He drew a nice picture on the front. I was so impressed with his drawing. THEN When I read what he put inside, I was so embarrassed. (basically had a poem that said stuff like "the way you thrill and ...at my touch") Instead of being happy and proud, I didn't want anyone to see it. I didn't even want to look at it again! Nasty, not sweet!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3