BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#314416 - 02/09/05 06:17 PM Prayers for my daughter
starfish Offline
Gold Star
starfish
Seattle
Please keep my 7 month old daughter in your prayers- she was hospitalized last week for a respiratory virus/dehydration. She is on the road to recovery but it's been a very scary experience for all of us. It's been especially difficult to return to work as I have HMDA/CRA to prepare and submit but really don't want to be away from her.

Return to Top
#314417 - 02/09/05 06:27 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
My son had that when he was a little baby, but it was compounded with pneumonia, he is now a strapping 9 yr old monster boy.

It's scary when they are so little... Your baby will be fine and I will keep her in my thoughts.

Return to Top
#314418 - 02/09/05 06:48 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My son had an upper respiratory infection at 7 months, but luckily he didn't have to be hospitalized. I just remember being scared to death and watching them tape him down to do x-rays. My prayers are with you.

Return to Top
#314419 - 02/09/05 06:51 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
My prayers are with you too.

My sister called this morning and my 2 1/2 year old nephew was hospitalized last night for viral pneumonia. She has an 8 month old at home. They're hoping he'll be released today. She's not holding up as well as she normally would, she had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. If he's not released this afternoon, I'm off on a three hour drive to try and help out as best I can.

Return to Top
#314420 - 02/09/05 06:55 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Starfish, I hope everything goes well with the little one. There's nothing worse than seeing your child sick like that. My man-child was a premie and, like "son of Devil Queen," is now quite the 9-year-old as well. I'm fully expecting him to be taller than me by next year

Unfortunately, being sick as a baby didn't help his ability to tell funny jokes

Return to Top
#314421 - 02/09/05 07:02 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Prayers coming Starfish. Our youngest daughter was born with pnuemonia and spent her first 10 days in NICU and she had upper respiratory problems her whole 1st year, but now is a wild almost 3 year old and hasn't had many issues since.

Our 3 month old has laryngitis (spelling???). That is rather interesting when he is giggling. He has had some clear drainage and they have checked everything over several times (including the x-ray where they strap him in with his arms above his head ) and everything was fine. Now we are giving him allergy medicine to try to stop the draining...which is no doubt interfering with the vocal cords.

Return to Top
#314422 - 02/09/05 07:28 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Praying!

Return to Top
#314423 - 02/09/05 08:47 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
We're praying for her. Hopefully all will be well soon!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#314424 - 02/09/05 08:52 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Prayers are coming from here. It is a scary thing when your baby is sick. It sounds like she is on the road to recovery and things should be okay.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#314425 - 02/09/05 10:09 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thoughts and prayers from Louisiana!

Return to Top
#314426 - 02/10/05 04:00 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
And from Kentucky!

Return to Top
#314427 - 02/10/05 04:05 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
This hit home, strong prayers headed your way. My 2-year old was born with a respitory infection and underdeveloped lungs, spent first 2 weeks of like in NICU so I feel for you.

Return to Top
#314428 - 02/10/05 04:07 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Wow...I am so lucky. I am hearing so many of you describe respiratory problems with your young children. I feel so fortunate that I have not had to deal with this. My thoughts are with each and every one of you.

Starfish - I sure hope your daughter feels better soon!

Return to Top
#314429 - 02/10/05 04:13 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Cathy P Offline
Gold Star
Cathy P
NE
Hope your daughter heals soon! My daughter(born 6 weeks premature) also had some respiratory issues when she was a few months old. She would drink her bottle, then spit up (sometimes what seemed like the whole bottle) and then aspirate some milk back into her lungs. She was given shots to help prevent her from getting RSV. She is doing well now at 16 months.

Return to Top
#314430 - 02/10/05 04:41 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
sue's mom Offline
Gold Star
sue's mom
IL
Prayers from Illinois for a continued speedy and complete recovery.

Return to Top
#314431 - 02/10/05 04:56 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Hang in there Starfish. BOLD prayers from Texas have been prayed and heard by our Creator.

Return to Top
#314432 - 02/10/05 05:14 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
My prayers are with you. My now 2 1/2 yr. old son was born with a heart-murmur. A few months later he got hospitalized for a week with Pnemonia. A few months after that he got hospitalized with low-oxygen levels. He now has asthma and we have to monitor him. But he doesn't know that he feels bad. Kids are strong fighters and I know your daughter will be her normal baby self again soon. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Return to Top
#314433 - 02/10/05 05:46 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Prayers and good wishes!

Return to Top
#314434 - 02/10/05 06:09 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Anonymous
Unregistered

When our daughter was 11 months old, she came down with disentary and throwing up. Because of the latter, she did not want to drink. Within a half day, she was very weak. I met my wife at the hospital and the baby smiled, but couldn't even lift her head. It was the most aweful, helpless feeling a parent could have.

The nurse put a needle into her arm to give her fluids (ouch and panic), and she was so weak she didn't flinch. She fell asleep on my chest. Several hours later, she woke-up, as if the episode never happened.

God made children to be very resilliant. They need a daily dose of attantion, hugs and kises. We have a sign in our kitchen that says "Too many hugs are not enough!" That will get them through.

Southern prayers are on the way, yours will be great.

Return to Top
#314435 - 02/10/05 06:34 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

We have a sign in our kitchen that says "Too many hugs are not enough!"

Definately a phrase to live by!! Enjoy the hugs while you get them. Kids grow up too fast.

Return to Top
#314436 - 02/14/05 02:49 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Any updates?

Return to Top
#314437 - 02/14/05 09:17 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
starfish Offline
Gold Star
starfish
Seattle
She is continuing to get better and regain her appetite...thanks to everyone for their prayers!

Return to Top
#314438 - 02/14/05 09:18 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I can sympathize. My 3 1/2 year old struggles often with breathing problems. The asthma is usually under control but at that age we were in and out of the hospital every month during the winter. One runny nose had us running to the ER with a breathing emergency. It breaks you heart to see them with the tubes up their noses and crying from the shots. My prayers are with you. My son is much better now, they deal with it better as they get older. Just remember that even though it looks like the doctors are being mean they are really trying to help.(That was one of my worst parts!) I will keep praying for her speedy recovery!

Return to Top
#314439 - 02/15/05 02:23 PM Re: Prayers for my daughter
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Glad to hear it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett